rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Bangkok RVF Meetup: Sunday, 15 April 2012 (proposed)

So, a few forum members are in Bangkok right now. I believe this list definitively includes:

- Soma
- RioNomad
- AlphaTravel
- the_conductor

As well, other members have indicated somewhere that may be here now. I've probably missed a few, but this includes at least:

- RichieP
- Vicious
- gringoed
- Kona
- DirectDanger
- trey
- KingofScotland
- SierraNovember
- Innuendo
- thegmanifeto (?!)

There has been talk for a while for a proper meetup but it hasn't yet materialized. Thus, I propose this Sunday, 15 April 2012 we meet up for a wholesome afternoon of family fun in the park - bring the wife and kids. Or, if that doesn't suit you, maybe a debaucherous night picking up girls. Up to you guys.

For the latter option, we can first meet at a bar/pub/lounge in the evening (suggestions welcome), head to one of the good non-sexpat/pro nightlife areas, i.e. RCA, Ratchada, Thong Lor or Ekkamai and continue to one of the better after-hours places, e.g. Scratch Dog.

So, who's in?

I can't have sex with your personality, and I can't put my penis in your college degree, and I can't shove my fist in your childhood dreams, so why are you sharing all this information with me?

I actually turned down a chance to come out to BKK for Songkran in favor of later this summer.

Obviously then I'm out for this one but would be up to meet some of you gents next time I'm around. Enjoy yourselves.

I won't be in BKK until the 20th so it would be greatly appreciated if you could hold this for a week.

[Image: inp1.gif]

I'm basically living here so I can meet up most of the time, however won't be free early May. Sunday is a good date. It only takes a night so we can have more meet ups toward the end of the month to accommodate the guys that will be here later.

Meet-up bar suggestion: Enchanted in Thong Lor. Walking distance of the clubs there.

Or further, those along Ratchathewi: Cocowalk bars, treehouse.

I'm in Eastern Europe for the time being, thanks for the offer

Who's in town guys? I got in the other day and the jet lag is finally starting to wear off.

I'm in town, but still getting over this fucking sinus infection.

Sorry Soma, I never even saw this thread until now. We for sure need to do a meetup though.

Just arrived in Bkk on Thursday, for 2 weeks.

In am staying in an apartment on Sukhumvit Soi 65, not too far from Thonglor / Ekkamai.

I'm 2 blocks from the Ekamai BTS station, and yeah, rio, something is screwing with my sinus's too.

I'm in BKK as well. Now that Songkran is all over with maybe we can set something up for this weekend.

What do you guys think about Friday night?

This friday night? Works for me.

I should be ok for later on Fri night.

I've been waiting for my buddy to update me on what time he's flying in. He just did. Arrives 11:45 pm Friday night, and I gotta pick him up at the airport. Damn. It.

I'll probably be up for a drink beforehand though.

Quote: (04-24-2012 11:11 PM)trey Wrote:  

I've been waiting for my buddy to update me on what time he's flying in. He just did. Arrives 11:45 pm Friday night, and I gotta pick him up at the airport. Damn. It.

I'll probably be up for a drink beforehand though.

Is he staying with you or at his own place? If he's staying at his own place just have him grab a cab from the airport to there and meet you after. The BKK airport is easy, he doesn't really need you to pick him up.

Friday Sounds good

So what day works best for everyone? Friday or Saturday?

I'd prefer Saturday, but I might have a friend and his girlfriend in town from Chiang Mai on Saturday and I'd be obligated to hang with them. Obviously, his girlfriend might not be completely comfortable with all of you savage motherfuckers around her lol.

I'm fine with both really, but just to throw a day in,

Saturday.

When's this gonna get settled?

Quote: (04-25-2012 01:02 AM)RioNomad Wrote:  

Is he staying with you or at his own place? If he's staying at his own place just have him grab a cab from the airport to there and meet you after. The BKK airport is easy, he doesn't really need you to pick him up.

Yes, normally I'd do this, but it's not an option this time.

If you guys do Friday evening I'll come around for a few drinks first though. I'd say Saturday but big birthday party at RCA already planned. Not that I probably won't see the lot of you around RCA anyway on a Saturday night..

Ok, then lets do Friday. Say 9? Anyone know a good spot to meet?

I'm ok for Friday. 9 or 10 for me. You select the venue as you have more local knowledge.
Will pm you my phone number to coordinate.

Any central venue would be fine, I don't know enough places to set anything.

Ok. Let's do Friday night at 9PM and meet at Chilling House on Ratchethewi. It's at Coco Walk. Right off of the Ratchethewi BTS. Get off of the BTS and you will see the fountain and a bunch of bars. Chilling House is towards the back.

So who's definitely up for it on Friday? I gather it's these guys so I'll pm my contact info to make it easier for us to find each other at the venue:

clr
trey
the_conductor
rionomad
vicious
Antipodean

I'm in for sure.