rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

DATA: Malmo, Sweden

City: Malmo, Sweden
Prices in US$ or Swedish Kronor equivalent. (100KR = $15)

City Overview: Malmö is the third largest city in Sweden. It is large enough that you don’t have to worry about running into people you know, but small enough to make going out easy.

Malmö is a wealthy city, like most cities in Sweden. Many international companies are headquartered here. The shipping companies are especially important to the area.

The central station here is on the mainline route, which goes from Zurich to Oslo. The massive Oresund bridge and tunnel between Sweden and Denmark is a major boost for the area, and also the Kastrup airport just over the bridge in Denmark forces the trains in the area to run 24 hours. Anything running 24 hours in Scandinavia is a massive treat.

Girls: On the weekend, the average girl in Malmö is a 7. This is very high, but girls in Malmö really take a lot of pride in their appearance. I think the legs and asses are the best I have ever seen. Thick muscular thighs, round asses, and killer calves. They also refuse to wear pants, unless they are able to show off their amazing legs. They love to wear skirts and black nylons with heeled short booties.

Sight seeing: There is the old castle and moat right near the old town. The city really revolves around the big square called the Stortorget. There are some nice places to walk along the canals and small side streets.

Lodging: Hotels are quite expensive, so expect to pay around $200 a night for a decent hotel.

Renaissance Malmö: Great location just off Lille Torg (small square). It is in an old building but has been remodeled in sophisticated Swedish design. There is a great lounge in the lobby that attracts some very beautiful women.

Scandic Kramer: Also in a great location right in the Stortorget.

Day game spots: The shopping streets that spur out from Stortorget are good places to meet people. There are a couple gallerias on here as well for inside shopping. If it’s a sunny day, the park around the castle would be a good spot.

Nightlife spots:
Almost all the action centres around Lilla Torg. The whole square is full of bars and restaurants. Just find one that looks like it is busy enough to attract the talent, or bounce from one to the next.

Izakaya Koi: In Lilla Torg. A nice Japanese place that also has a small club. The lounge area is a good spot for some Japanese tapas and a few drinks. A nice upscale joint that attracts some of the best women.

Mando Steakhouse: A good place just off from Lilla Torg. It can busy on the weekends to get a table.

Rosen: In the Renaissance Hotel. A good upscale place with great cocktails. It has a very cozy atmosphere so the logistics are a little hard for meeting women. This place attracts some of the best women I have seen in Sweden.

Paddys Pub: Traditional UK pub that gets very busy on the weekends. A bit more of a late 20’s + crowd, and can be a sausage fest. On some nights it can be a great spot with lots of down to earth girls. There is a large patio and a restaurant also attached. The smoking patio is easy to meet people.

TGI Fridays:
Oddly enough, this American style place gets all sorts of cute girls hanging out on the weekends. A bit of a younger, non-Swedish crowd. I have met some crazy hot Balkan blood girls here.

Nightclubs

Etage: Upscale place in Stortorget. Lots of beautiful girls.

Babel: A little further in the centre of Malmo 5 minutes from the Hilton Hotel. The place plays the better music in Malmo and can attract some great DJ’s from all over the world. Be sure to check the events to make sure you hit it on a good night.

Ease of approaching: Fairly easy. Swedish girls generally give you a shot, at least for a minute or two.

Language barriers: None. Except with newer immigrants.

Guy/girl ratios: Great early on, but men will be out in force after 1am. In Malmo there is a more upscale crowd and international crowd that goes out earlier.
Prices: High. A good cocktail is around €15, beer about €7.

Logistics: Very walkable. The central station is 3 minutes from the bar area.

Pros: Swedish Women.

Cons: Prices and lack of pub culture and proper drinking culture. It is more of a binge drinking mentality here. Except for Wednesday, there is only things to do on the weekends. The week is dead in Sweden.

Final Thoughts:
Malmo is a great small city. Do not come here for the party, but instead come for the experience. Sweden is a great place, but it lacks the grit of other places in Europe. The women are incredible, but also don’t believe all the hype of the easy one night stand culture. Sure, if you have top game, it could be done. Just do not think for a second that Swedish women will throw themselves at you. Swedish men, for the most part, give the women what they are looking for (tall, handsome, wealthy, Swedish blood). You will have to work hard (and probably date) to get better quality women. Lots of men go for low hanging fruit here, and if that is your thing you will have fun here. That is just not how I roll.

Nice Report, but those prices!

Our New Blog:

http://www.repstylez.com

How are the women there? Are they natural blondes (very very blond) or are most girls dyed blond hair? How tall are women there in average?

I heard Malmo is a ghetto and one of the most dangerous cities in Sweden. Largely because of immigration.

Quote: (04-10-2012 09:34 PM)P Dog Wrote:  

I heard Malmo is a ghetto and one of the most dangerous cities in Sweden. Largely because of immigration.

the point is do those ghetto people flood into clubs or not. I doubt those Ghetto people will attend quality notches.

Laner - Cool to see you made it to Malmo and nice data sheet.
P Dog - Malmo is "dangerous" by Swedish standards, but by any other standard, it's pretty safe. I live in one of the safest cities in America and I'd say Malmo is comparable to the city I live in. It's mainly immigrants that occasionally shoot each other. If you've been to any major city, you're going to be fine in Malmo. But yeah, you're totally right, watch out for the immigrants and you're good to go.

Turning over my account to my brother for this reply since he doesn't have his own forum account. He lived in Malmo for a year.

Overall, a great post. There are just a few things I would add.

1.) Culture - To understand Malmö, and Sweden in general, you have to understand the significant effect immigration has had in the last few decades. I think 1/3 of the population of Malmö is either first or second generation immigrants. This creates a strange dichotomy between being fiercely patriotic towards their country of birth, and wanting to be accepted as Swedish. With that said, it is best to acknowledge the role immigration has played on the culture. When approaching girls, act interested in their native country, ask questions, etc. Basically the only opener I ever used was, "You don't look Swedish. Where are you from?". Even if they are Swedish, play dumb. Works every time.

If you want to learn Swedish culture from real Swedes, go to the sauna
-Ribersborg Kalbadhus
Get over your shame and make it a point to hit up Ribersborg Kalbadhus (cold bath house). While not a great place to meet girls, I learned so much about Swedish culture by talking with old locals in the sauna. Located in a cool building that actually sits out in the Öresund, the sauna is a quintessential Swedish experience. Sit and talk politics in a hot sauna, then cool off by jumping directly into the sea. Bonus points if you are man enough to go in the winter when they chisel a hole in the ice.

2.) Nightlife

Lilla Torg and the surrounding areas are definitely prime locations if you have serious cash, a nice suit, and game to back it up. If you are looking for something more laid back, hit up Möllevångstorget. It's cheaper, more bohemian, and IMO, has more interesting girls. Call it hipster, but I liked it. Several bars and restaurants surround the square.

Folkets Park - close to Möllevångstorget, Folkets Park is a nice place to picnic in warm weather and is babe central in the summer.
Debaser - Rock and roll club close in Folkets Park that has good indie, punk and dance acts a few nights a week. If there is a show you're interested in, get there early, no cover before 10 (otherwise it is 100 kr).

St. Gertrud -
If you are staying in Malmö for the weekend, hit up happy hour at St. Gertrude on Friday. They have a free buffet if you order a drink. Anything free in Sweden is fucking unheard of, so this is a great deal. The food is alright, but the real reason to go here is for the girls. I would go every weekend and open random girls by asking where the best bars and clubs are, if they were going out later, and if we could meet up. An overall great place to approach.

Western harbor-
While not a night spot, the western harbor is the nicest area of Malmö. In the summertime, the boardwalk in Vestra Hamn is by far my favorite place to be. Girls come out of the woodworks to show off. You can go swimming, watch the ships come in, and approach to your heart's content. Sport your Bjorn Borgs for some extra cred.

5.) Logistics
Language barrier - While Swedes speak great English, they are shy creatures. Being a loud, boisterous American didn't work in my favor. I found it best to approach softly with a question, and always to start with "excuse me". This way they know you speak English. While I did learn conversational Swedish while I lived there, I never used it when talking with girls. It was more of a distraction because their English was always better than my Swedish. Plus you can always open girls by asking them how to pronounce a particular word. People love talking about their own culture.

Transportation - Similar to Copenhagen, everyone in Malmö rides a bicycle. It saves money on expensive cab fare and you see more of the city. If you can score a bike, great. Otherwise the city is pretty walkable and the bus/taxi infrastructure is well established.

Great addition Bronan's brother.

I havent been here in the summer time so I look forward to hitting those places that you mention.

And the spa is amazing. Good point (during the cold snap here the whole water system was iced over and the spa was pretty happening).

A girl I am seeing lives just off Möllevångstorget and I (without her) have been there a couple of times. You are right that it is a hipster area, but being Malmo there is no shortage of cute girls. Its just not my scene (I would like to be accepted, but hipsters are a judgmental bunch). Its worse for my girl (6'3" in heels) she just feels more comfortable in Lilla Torg.

Quote:Quote:

Malmo has a "ghetto". But it is the nicest ghetto you will ever see. And dangerous? You would have to be VERY unlucky to have anything happen to you here. It takes a bad rap (especially from Stockholm) but the reality is almost NO ONE in Sweden has even been here. In my opinion, they are missing out.

Quote: (04-11-2012 03:48 AM)Laner Wrote:  

Malmo has a "ghetto". But it is the nicest ghetto you will ever see. And dangerous? You would have to be VERY unlucky to have anything happen to you here. It takes a bad rap (especially from Stockholm) but the reality is almost NO ONE in Sweden has even been here. In my opinion, they are missing out.

LOL, only in Sweden. In Bona Fide and his chums have been painting Malmo (and Helsinki) as being Sweden's Detroit. Glad to know their wrong. I may well end up doing a year long university exchange at Malmo, Lund (half an hour away from Malmo) or maybe Uppsala so thanks for the valuable info.

[Image: gift2.jpg]

Malmo is quite good.Much better than Copenhagen only 45 minutes away by train.The Arab minority occupies some districts and generally they do not cause problem due to pacifying Swedish mentality and Viking grip.You will see very few Swedish girls with Arabs a lot of Arab women with Swedish guys though.The muslim women are much more accepted than their male counterparts in these societies.There are almost no burkhas.

If Malmö was the size of Detroit it would have 45 murders in a year.

The Malmo "gangstas" wouldn't survive a week on a Detroit street corner.

Yeah the Malmo "gangsters" that you see will peace out in their track suits then hold hands with each other as they walk away. Hard to take them serious.

Now there are some Balkan heavies around, but they are not flaunting gang shit. They have nothing to prove and are not out to give trouble to strangers.

Now summer has arrived I am going to hit up Sweden. I like the fact that everything looks quite concentrated in Malmo so I can move around easily if I'm not feeling a certain venue. Would you recommend Malmo over Stockholm for a long weekend? How would you compare the quality of women and ease of hooking up between the 2 cities?

Quote: (05-31-2012 05:32 AM)Richie Wrote:  

Now summer has arrived I am going to hit up Sweden. I like the fact that everything looks quite concentrated in Malmo so I can move around easily if I'm not feeling a certain venue. Would you recommend Malmo over Stockholm for a long weekend? How would you compare the quality of women and ease of hooking up between the 2 cities?

I am biased towards Malmo. I love the place.

However, it did take a while for it to grow on me. So having said that, Stockholm is impressive from first touchdown. For a long weekend, I would say Stockholm.

As far as quality of women go, I give Malmo a slight edge. There is a little more variety, and they all congregate in the same area. It feels surreal.

Ease of hooking up, I would give a slight edge to Stockholm. A bigger city and all, more people move there for work and leave behind the Swedish Social Firewall.

I will be in Stockholm again this weekend, so I can give a quick recap as the last time I was there was in winter.

But Laner, wouldn't you agree that during the summer Malmö will be somewhat drained of students?

Thanks for the update Laner.
I have been to Stockholm about 8 years ago (pre-game), so the city itself is not important to me. I am purely going to pick up the women that I was not able to do last time I was there.

I am still slightly leaning towards Malmo for the reasons you describe:
"As far as quality of women go, I give Malmo a slight edge. There is a little more variety, and they all congregate in the same area. It feels surreal."

In my experience this doesn't always work in a player's favour, and I appreciate Stockholm might be easier to score SNLs but for logistics Malmo sounds like it could offer more targets in a short space of time.

And yes... is Malmo predominately a student town?

But Laner, wouldn't you agree that during the summer Malmö will be somewhat drained of students?

To be honest I was going to Malmo a lot to avoid the student scene in Lund. I was targeting the 24-32 yo girls, who are, IMO, the best of Swedish age talent. Great fashion, experience, money etc.

But yeah, Malmo University is pretty big so it might drain some talent, but I think that Lilla Torg would be immune to this.

And yes... is Malmo predominately a student town?

No, I did not get that feeling at all.

So, I'm in Malmo tonight (Monday) and maybe tomorrow night. Probably not ideal since it sounds like Sweden only parties on weekends. Nevertheles, any recommendations on nightspots for flagging on these two nights would be much appreciated!

cheers

Quote: (06-04-2012 04:13 AM)nash23 Wrote:  

So, I'm in Malmo tonight (Monday) and maybe tomorrow night. Probably not ideal since it sounds like Sweden only parties on weekends.

Defintitely not the case during spring/summer, though you have to realize Malmö is a tier 2 city and will thus have its nightlife concentrated to a few or a single area during the week.

Quote: (06-04-2012 09:05 AM)Vicious Wrote:  

Quote: (06-04-2012 04:13 AM)nash23 Wrote:  

So, I'm in Malmo tonight (Monday) and maybe tomorrow night. Probably not ideal since it sounds like Sweden only parties on weekends.

Defintitely not the case during spring/summer, though you have to realize Malmö is a tier 2 city and will thus have its nightlife concentrated to a few or a single area during the week.

Thanks for the reply Vicious, so in terms of focusing on one spot - do you think I should head to Lilla Torg or Möllevångstorget?

Depends on what you are looking for. Lilla Torg is a more professional crowd which is good for after work beers on the patios.

Möllevångstorget is more of the alternative crowd and more laid back. Good food ethnic food around there too.

Quote: (06-04-2012 11:04 AM)Laner Wrote:  

Depends on what you are looking for. Lilla Torg is a more professional crowd which is good for after work beers on the patios.

Möllevångstorget is more of the alternative crowd and more laid back. Good food ethnic food around there too.

thanks, checked out molle - it was dead tonight. ended up in e-tage near lilla torg. it had some people but was pretty dead too...and the quality of girls was not great. but i heard that wed is a public holiday so tomorrow/tues should go off (even though quite a few people might be away for holidays). so will hang around and check it out. any club recommendations for tomorrow/tues night? cheers

How much is a good amount for say two weeks in Stockholm vs. Malmo.

Quote: (06-04-2012 10:40 PM)Black Quixote Wrote:  

Is this a riddle? It's hard.

Keep us updated Nash...
Laner if you could give us an update on Stockholm that would be awesome. I could not find a data sheet so and solid recommendations for bars clubs would be great.

I am Stockholm right now. I will try and punch something up as I found the information to be lacking as well.

Tonight (Tuesday June 6th) was off the hook. These girls......

Quote: (06-05-2012 04:49 AM)Richie Wrote:  

Quote: (06-04-2012 10:40 PM)Black Quixote Wrote:  

Is this a riddle? It's hard.

Keep us updated Nash...
Laner if you could give us an update on Stockholm that would be awesome. I could not find a data sheet so and solid recommendations for bars clubs would be great.

As expected, it was a huge night last night. Everywhere was packed. Ended up going to Club F and then etage, both around Lilla Torg/Strotget area.

Club F had the one main dancefloor, one long bar on the side, sitting area on other end and the toilets/coat room were downstairs. Music was pretty deafening though. It was pretty easy to approach at the bar, opened a spanish girl there - she was with a group of girls. We made out but I didn't close her as her friends dragged her to another club and I decided to stay. Also approached the hottest girl in the club outside the toilets, she was friendly enough but didn't speak english very well, we had a drink and the her friend dragged her away as she was bit bored - a wingman would have helped immensely.

Next stop etage, again hung out by the bar next to dancefloor, and different groups of girls turned up. Alot of mixed girls all hot [Image: smile.gif] Half swede mixed with somali, bollivia, etc. All pretty friendly but I didn't get the vibe they were DTF. hooked up with a 20y/o swede on the dancefloor, we had a drink, a smoke then made out. Couldn't close her though...tried to bring her back to the hotel to chill, but her sister was there too, and the trains run 24 hours, so logistics weren't on my side. Plus neither of them were drunk - sober as a monk.

earlier in the day, I ended up having a long chat with a really cute receptionist at my hotel - half swede half filipino. very sweet girl, intelligent too. ended up FB closing her, hopefully she'll swing by Singapore on her next trip to the Philippines - so I'll have homecourt advantage [Image: smile.gif]

Overall, most of the girls were friendly enough, but there wasn't that DTF vibe and definitely none of that famous Swedish binge drinking mentality that I've heard so much about. Maybe I was in too posh an area? I might check out some tier 2 clubs bit further away from Lilla Torg - Wed is suppose to be a big night. Hopefully my last night in Europe will turn out to be fruitful [Image: smile.gif]