rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Gaming in front of co-workers

I went out for a company lunch at this Indian restaurant. (All of my co-workers are Indian except for one other kid, and he's the only other guy close to me in age.)

One of the waitresses at this place was one of the hottest chicks I have ever seen. About 5"0, brunette, large rack, and a butt. I had this overwhelming urge to go up to her and ask to get her number (like something out of this old Sean Messenger video I remember watching once), but I just couldn't figure out a way to get over the logistics.

This was a buffet-style Indian restaurant so the girls would only come over to re-fill water. All of the Indian dudes were speaking in their native tongues. These guys don't know how to wear clothes, so I was the best dressed dude in the group of 15 or so, but I couldn't figure out how to go up to her in a way that made sense.

I didn't drive either so I couldn't have stayed behind. I kind of want to go back next Friday just to see if I can close.

You fucked up. Never never never never never never never wait for another chance. Ninety-nine times out of a hundred, they disappear off the face of the Earth. You will never see her again.

Fuck those co-workers. Go balls out and do something they--and 90 percent of men--don't have the courage to do.

Tuthmosis Twitter | IRT Twitter

ANYTHING situational is a perfect opener - the more banal the better for simple chit chat:

"Has it been busy here today?"

"Does this restaurant take reservations?"

"What dish would you recommend?"

I'm wondering if there's anything I can do to help put me in state to just get me to approach. It's not that I don't approach...I'm just not doing it as consistently as I know I should be.

I let the excuse of not being able to get within 2 feet as part of her job related function reason me out of interrupting what I'm sure was a very boring routine at the restaurant for her.

Quote: (04-08-2012 12:31 AM)HiFlo Wrote:  

ANYTHING situational is a perfect opener - the more banal the better for simple chit chat:

"Has it been busy here today?"

"Does this restaurant take reservations?"

"What dish would you recommend?"

I agree with this, its great advice because it breaks that initial ice in a way that is completely innocent but has massive potential you could go any direction from there with no resistance.

Don't give them what they expect, and you'll get from them what you never expected.