rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Californication

Californication

Anyone watch this show? I don't watch much TV, but it's pretty good show and the main character (David Duchovny) has pretty great game: in the last episode he built attraction with 3 women and banged 1.

He's an expert at pushing women's buttons (pull & push game) and in general great alpha behavior.

Also great example of game on a long term relationship.

Californication

Quote: (10-15-2009 06:09 PM)elguapo Wrote:  

Anyone watch this show? I don't watch much TV, but it's pretty good show and the main character (David Duchovny) has pretty great game: in the last episode he built attraction with 3 women and banged 1.

He's an expert at pushing women's buttons (pull & push game) and in general great alpha behavior.

Seen it.

A girl brought over the DVD's to my crib one night.

I thought it was pretty good (for what I saw, I then started swooping the girl).

Guy has pretty good Game. Older cat Game.

-MPM
The Guide to Getting More out of Life
http://www.thegmanifesto.com

Californication

Anyone still following this?

When Charlie got slapped by the chick in the last episode it really pissed me off.. why would he just take that?

Californication

This show has become so appauling I question why I watch it every week. Luckily, the episodes are only half an hour; not long enough for me to make that a resolution before I go on to do something else.

Californication

It's getting worse. But Hank is still one of the few MEN I can see on television these days... He's getting softer though.

Californication

Quote: (03-11-2013 02:21 PM)freshcream Wrote:  

It's getting worse. But Hank is still one of the few MEN I can see on television these days... He's getting softer though.

After the 3rd season. The show is just mild entertainment, its like the plot doesn't matter anymore. It's just a show with funny parts and lines.

Californication

Quote: (03-11-2013 02:29 PM)FretDancer Wrote:  

After the 3rd season. The show is just mild entertainment, its like the plot doesn't matter anymore. It's just a show with funny parts and lines.

This. It used to have a much better story. This season is just a copy of the last 2 seasons. Still watch it though.

Californication

Duchovny isn't actually all the charismatic. He's handsome and has cool vibe though. I've found that when I watch that show before I go out, it reminds me of what's it like to just be cool.

Californication

Yah the dialogue is way too "witty" lately - the story lines exist to push a more liberal agenda and allow the writers to show off their "wit"

Also no way his hideous daughter could have come from that attractive couple. She is the worst character on TV - hate her fat face and her sulky demeanor

Californication

Quote: (03-11-2013 06:23 PM)MikeinMKE Wrote:  

Yah the dialogue is way too "witty" lately - the story lines exist to push a more liberal agenda and allow the writers to show off their "wit"

Also no way his hideous daughter could have come from that attractive couple. She is the worst character on TV - hate her fat face and her sulky demeanor
Yeah. Becca is ugly.

I think he should just move on and quit being a pussy when it comes to Karen.

Californication

Obviously I'm a little bit biased (check avatar) but I see Hank Moody's character as an exemplary alpha male. Intelligent, talented, a loyal friend, bangs tons of girls, and throughout the whole thing marches to the beat of his own drum. He also has a tormented side brought about by his life experiences which I think everyone can relate to. The show itself is highly entertaining, watchable, and hilarious. However ultimately Charlie Runkle his agent is what makes the show, some seriously golden moments.

Californication

This show has completely gone to shit.
Season One was excellent, if you really enjoy it then it's OK up to Season Four, but 5 and 6 are not worth bothering with.

Dr Johnson rumbles with the RawGod. And lives to regret it.

Californication

They seem intent on just making it as outrageous as possible now. Honestly, it's hard to take the plot/premise of this show and get too many quality seasons out of it. It's still entertaining, but the quality has definitely slipped. There aren't too many characters like Hank Moody however, so I'm thankful for that. I don't see him as being a pussy regarding Karen though - that's the mother of his kid, and the reason they aren't together is because of him, not her. He loves her, but knows he can't stop banging other chicks. Some guys on this forum have talked about this dilemma also. And there's nothing wrong with a man loving his kid - even an annoying kid...HA HA!

I think they should definitely kill this series though. Usually with cable series they'll end it a little early instead of letting it get to the point where it becomes weak. They're at that point now.

"The best kind of pride is that which compels a man to do his best when no one is watching."

Californication

And what's up with that chick in the last few episodes? With the whole fem power stuff... I wonder what all that will end up with.

Californication

I still watch but it has kind of become a self caricature at this point. First few seasons are really good.

Californication

I don't have Showtime and don't download shit of the internet so I haven't seen the lastest season, but when Charlie is getting sucked off by a tranny in the last season while talking about Malcolm Gladwell's "Outliers" I laughed so hard I almost pissed my pants. Other than that I agree the show has gone down hill, but have never thought it was that great and always just good for a few laughs. Also, maybe I'm a hater, but I always thought the show was completely unbelievable, at least as far as David Duchovony's character goes, but I know a lot of guys would disagree with that.

Californication

first thing I thought of

Californication

Quote: (10-15-2009 08:15 PM)thegmanifesto Wrote:  

Seen it.

A girl brought over the DVD's to my crib one night.

I thought it was pretty good (for what I saw, I then started swooping the girl).

Guy has pretty good Game. Older cat Game.

-MPM
The Guide to Getting More out of Life
http://www.thegmanifesto.com

Damn this is an old thread.

I haven't even thought about that show once, let alone watched it since then.

Hell, I can't even remember what girl "brought over the DVD's to my crib one night".

Californication

Quote: (03-11-2013 07:44 PM)freshcream Wrote:  

And what's up with that chick in the last few episodes? With the whole fem power stuff... I wonder what all that will end up with.
David Duchovny is no fan of feminists, and this is some satire to show just how fucked up they can be.

But overall I don't think the show has much life left. It changed when he got rid of the old 911 that was beat to shit.

Californication

It probably should be put to bed... but I like seeing California and the sun. And pretty women. There's just so few good shows on TV these days, that even though this isn't what it used to be, I'm still watching.

What else am I to get my laughs from? Big Bang Theory, How I met your Mother, 30 Rock, Community, Girls, Happy Endings, New Girl or Two and a half Men? I can't remember laughing from these shows.

Is there even anything else on TV?

Give me MEN living it up in a cool city, with booze and girls. Damn I miss Entourage(not the last season).

Californication

Californication is one of the only shows right now that let you see different types of "alphas". Each season brings with it a new cool and funny male character who loves the pussy.

Season 1: (never seen it)
Season 2 : Lou ashby, hank moody
Season 3: Richard Bailey, hank moody
Season 4: Rick Springfield, hank moody
Season 5: Richard Bailey, Samurai, Becca's boyfriend, hank moody
Season 6:

boredom is evil

Californication

It jumped the shark and has stopped being fun and meaningful.
It doesn't make me think or laugh any more.

“No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable.”
-Socrates

Californication

Finishing up season 6, which is a big pile of shit. The writers are fucking idiots and making it hard to watch. Wtf is with Rob Lowe's character and this Russell Brand knockoff faggot? Terrible characters.

I also hate Becca. Can't stand her. I hope she gets hit by a bus, possibly in real life.

Californication

First season was really good, but I thought it started going off the rails in Season 3. Haven't watched any episodes after that. I do go back and watch Season 1 occasionally. It's a good show to watch if you have a girl over, Season 1 that is.

'Logic Over Emotion Since 2013'

Californication

The only good thing about season 6 was Faith, solid girl.