rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Cutting off poisonous friends and family members

Anyone of you had to let go of a friend or family member because of your lifestyle? I have a few people I am in the process of cutting off contact but they aren't getting the message.

Delete them from facebook =p

Feel free to PM me for wine advice or other stuff
ROK Article: 5 Reasons To Have Wine On A Date
RVF Wine Thread

Yes; I've had to. It was difficult at the time, but it was well worth it. I think the biggest thing if someone is "poisionous" or not is whether person respects you and supports what you are doing. If not- that person will only drag you down in what you try to do.

For me it was hard to cut certain people off- but boy am I glad I did.

What is your lifestyle like? What are they doing or saying?

Cutting people off might sound harsh, but it's not too bad. I've done this with most of my old friends and now I pretty much just run solo. You can still be friendly with these people, just don't spend a lot of time with them, or head their advice.

Because of THIS lifestyle? Not sure what you mean.

Ask yourself if you had wished that you cut them off two years ago.

If the answer is yes, then go ahead and do it; sometimes a relationship or friendship has run its course. "That which is falling should also be pushed."

Yes, been there done that.. no regrets

Well it's not really because of a 'lifestyle' per se, but these people are just dragging me down in every way and I don't feel like hanging out with them no more.

Quote: (04-05-2012 10:20 PM)Cookie Wrote:  

Cutting people off might sound harsh, but it's not too bad. I've done this with most of my old friends and now I pretty much just run solo. You can still be friendly with these people, just don't spend a lot of time with them, or head their advice.

Yea I can still be friendly to them but hanging out, no thanks.

It's tough. In NJ it's all about social circles. If you start cutting people out you'll hurt yourself and cut off your connections to poon.
You're better off learning how to deal with them properly. Part of that is minimizing the amount of time you spend around them. Part
of it is learning to control your empathy ...don't let them get in your head.

Team Nachos

I rarely "cut" someone off outright. I demote them. I spend less time with them and don't go out with them in certain scenarios. It really depends on what the OP means by "poisonous" and "lifestyle."

Tuthmosis Twitter | IRT Twitter

Quote: (04-06-2012 09:32 AM)Tuthmosis Wrote:  

I rarely "cut" someone off outright. I demote them. I spend less time with them and don't go out with them in certain scenarios. It really depends on what the OP means by "poisonous" and "lifestyle."

I agree. I find it difficult to cut off people when I'm at university. They might be in a social circle of mine, or they might prove to be useful later...

I've cut off a few people, usually they stay the same person and I grow so I just stop hanging out with them. I've had a few cases with "toxic" people where they stress you out and make you mad every time you see them. The best example of this would be a former fuck buddy, she was always complaining about everything and had perfected the pattented crazy bitch cycle. I said enough is enough and let her go. I'll occasionally get a text when shes drunk or something. If I reply it takes a week of silence before she stops texting. I should get a restraining order or soemthing.

I moved away to a new town. I usually keep a tight group but back then I worked two jobs so I didn't have time for them. They were mostly my cousin's boys anyway. When I moved to brownsville, my roomates there were strictly roommates. We chilled at the crib but rarely went out together. So I was almost always dolo when I went out. Never regretted it. When I get back to the states, I will start out with a clean slate. Social networking is key, but beyond that it will be just my brother and one of my boys. Unless you can do something for me, I'll keep it friendly but nothing beyond that.

The cycle of disrespect can start with just an appetizer.

Roosh's most recent blog post is relevant to the subject of this thread. Peep it:

Drama, Vodka, Sex, and Blood

Quote: (02-16-2014 01:05 PM)jariel Wrote:  
Since chicks have decided they have the right to throw their pussies around like Joe Montana, I have the right to be Jerry Rice.