rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Do Plain Janes Have A Chance?

http://screen.yahoo.com/barbie-vs-basic-...88622.html

Description?

Tuthmosis Twitter | IRT Twitter

I keep trying to embed the video and for whatever reason it won't work.

This is an interview with some average looking women who are basically told it's better to be Plain Jane than Barbie.

Would you rather be Enrique Iglesias or John Reilly from a looks perspective? I'd certainly rather look like Enrique. When I read stuff geared towards females I just assume the opposite of what is written is the truth.

I firmly believe that the majority of "plain janes" would be anything but if they put some fucking effort into their appearance.

Case in point;

[Image: m216925608.jpg]

[Image: christina-hendricks--.jpg]

That's Christina Hendricks in each of those photos.

I've seen this a lot in my area where very very few women dress up for anything other than a wedding. Broads I wouldn't consider touching suddenly are very doable when they put on some makeup, get their hair done, and throw on a dress with heels.

70% of American women are fat (and half of those are obese). So a plain jane who keeps herself in shape is automatically in the top 30%. As Hotwheels notes, if she puts some effort into her appearance, she gets another boost. So plain janes stand more than a chance . . . unless their expectations are unreasonable and the 'chance' they are talking about is locking down some super alpha.

Quote: (04-05-2012 07:55 AM)assman Wrote:  

unless their expectations are unreasonable and the 'chance' they are talking about is locking down some super alpha.

Of course they are... on both counts..

Quote: (04-05-2012 02:10 AM)Hotwheels Wrote:  

I firmly believe that the majority of "plain janes" would be anything but if they put some fucking effort into their appearance.

Case in point;

[Image: m216925608.jpg]

[Image: christina-hendricks--.jpg]

That's Christina Hendricks in each of those photos.

I've seen this a lot in my area where very very few women dress up for anything other than a wedding. Broads I wouldn't consider touching suddenly are very doable when they put on some makeup, get their hair done, and throw on a dress with heels.

What percentage of American women actually undergo this drastic transformation at any point? Like 1%?

Plain Janes indeed have a chance, it's just their unrealistic criteria that get in their way. The sexual market is so skewed towards women that I have known several awful-looking, obese women who found good and hard-working husbands, simply on the account of "not being a bitch".

Not being a bitch can compensate for a lot of plainness. Not in attracting an Alpha, of course, but in finding a good caring man, definitely.

"Imagine" by HCE | Hitler reacts to Battle of Montreal | An alternative use for squid that has never crossed your mind before

Replying to Roosh;

Not enough, that's for sure.

Thing is it's not really that hard for them to do it. They just won't for some reason.

I had a GF once that would spend an hour and a half getting ready each morning, most of it on her hair, then proceed to put on a tshirt and flip flops. I was like WTF, but she didn't like to be "uncomfortable".

She had some esteem issues and I think part of it was she didn't like to draw attention to herself, which dressing nicely would have done.

a plain jane on an online site will have hundreds of betas chasing her within a day.

Just watch the video. The host (who is unattractive as all hell but I'm sure thinks she's the shit) calls the plain janes beautiful, when they are nothing of the sort. One doesn't want to shave her armpits or legs (the ugliest of the three)! There are two "men" who offer their opinion, but one of them has got to be gay, and one of them says that "confidence" is attractive. There's your beta tell right there, when a male characteristic is proclaimed as attractive in a woman, you are dealing with a beta (alternatively, he's just playing to the audience and saying the correct thing when in private he is nothing of the sort).

I am constantly amazed now about how utterly unattractive women are able to find and marry reasonably attractive men. I always think, dude, you put your dick in THAT? But, better him than me!

The video is very misleading. First they show Hooters girls as the "Barbies". Most of the attraction of Hooters girls are the tight tops and booty shorts. I'd say 75% of them are busted in the face (not in the video, for obvious reasons).

Then we get to our "plain Janes". Going from closest to furthest in the video we have: bangable, old, and fat. Ms. Bangable seems to have some sense of style (needs to get rid of the denim jacket) and is easily the most attractive of the three. The one in the middle looks like she spent her early years focusing on career. She could probably get a good man, but her personality is probably abrasive. Then we get to the fatass that admits she wishes she didn't have to shave her legs or armpits, need I say more?

Unsurprisingly, they never touched on the fact that truly hot women (9/10s) get less attention then their less attractive counterparts because they seem unattainable.

10/14/15: The day I learned that convicted terrorists are treated with more human dignity than veterans.

Barbies
[Image: 10wqmg5.jpg]

Plain Janes
[Image: wgxqx4.jpg]

It appears the talent at Hooters has declined quite a lot since the last time I darkened it's door...

Supermodel casting photos for Louis Vuitton's Fall 2010 runway show compared to how they look when:

1) Someone else does their hair and makeup.
2) Wearing someone else's clothes and shoes.
3) With both a professional photographer and lighting assistants taking the picture.

The six factors they have in their favor:
1) Symmetric faces. Eyes same height and size. No sloping mouth or nose hanging to one side or another.
2) They've controlled their weight.
3) They all have long hair.
4) Western dentistry. White, regular teeth.
5) Reasonably smooth skin without acne scar pitting.
6) Eyebrows shaped and facial hair removed.

So do plain janes have a chance? Yes.

4 of the factors are just body maintenance. You walk into an office and they do it for you. (dentist, dermatologist, beauty salon, hair salon)
1 of the above factors takes self control and self denial. (weight)
1 of the factors is genetic. (symmetric face) But not even these models have it that much. You'll notice the photographers posing the models to put the larger eye further away from the camera or in shadow, and tilting the face to level out eye placement and slanted mouths.

[Image: HcBYY.jpg]

"Alpha children wear grey. They work much harder than we do, because they're so frightfully clever. I'm awfully glad I'm a Beta, because I don't work so hard. And then we are much better than the Gammas and Deltas. Gammas are stupid. They all wear green, and Delta children wear khaki. Oh no, I don't want to play with Delta children. And Epsilons are still worse. They're too stupid to be able to read or write. Besides they wear black, which is such a beastly color. I'm so glad I'm a Beta."
--Aldous Huxley, Brave New World

Quote: (04-06-2012 10:56 AM)Blackhawk Wrote:  

Supermodel casting photos for Louis Vuitton's Fall 2010 runway show compared to how they look when:
And they say game is deceptive.

are those pictures real? crazy

Those photos are good examples why the "ego test" isn't too important. Just teach your regular girl how to use good makeup and everything falls into place.

Contributor at Return of Kings.  I got banned from twatter, which is run by little bitches and weaklings. You can follow me on Gab.

Be sure to check out the easiest mining program around, FreedomXMR.

WOW @ the Supermodels.

I think that they almost tried to make them look bad. Like, just woke up, horrible lighting, take 10 shots, keep the worst one.

I think the following link is more "fair", as many still look hot without makeup (as you'd expect):

http://funsterz.com/2012/02/16/supermode...10-photos/

They most certainly have a chance. i know plenty of women who arent good looking at all, but are in LTRs or married wih guys who have good jobs and are rank higher on the looks scale. A girl can go a long way in the usa if she:

-isn't obese
-isn't a bitch
-has reasonable expectations

I was reminded of this thread when watching Mad Men.... you have January Jones who looked absolutely amazing seasons 1-4. She has put on considerable weight (she is pregnant) however I think she also put on extra weight for the role (health problems).

Ignore the fact that she's pregnant, I'm not ripping on that fact, but just trying to illustrate a point. Just looking at the extra 30-40 pounds, its AMAZING how that weight can completely transform the way somebody looks.

To tie this in with the thread, to girls who don't strive to get down to a really fit weight, they might surprise themselves with how attractive they look. A "plain jane" might just be 20-30lbs overweight and could completely transform herself. If you're not willing to put in the effort, why do you deserve a high-status high quality man that has fit people to pick from?

This goes both ways too... anybody looks better at a healthy body fat range, guys included. It completely transforms your face.

Quote: (04-09-2012 12:16 AM)_DC_ Wrote:  

Just looking at the extra 30-40 pounds, its AMAZING how that weight can completely transform the way somebody looks.
QFT

Hot
[Image: January-Jones-244x300.jpg]

[Image: 13f1c1505d7b74ebd199d5b227a45ea7.jpg]

Not
[Image: aafndjskafdsa1.jpg]

[Image: 4f7a024163216.jpg]

LOL... I just read that it was actually prosthetics and makeup. She was donning a fat suit. Shoot... now I need to find a better real example!

[Image: kirstie_alley.jpg]

[Image: kirstie-alley.jpg]