rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Binaural Beats

Binaural Beats

Has anyone used binaural beats?

I found an interesting website that sells them. Some of the tracks have names like "Marijuana" or "Adrenaline" and each track is meant to affect your brain differently.

Quote:Quote:

The use of auditory tones in an attempt to alter consciousness in ways that creates a simulated mood or experience, such as to mimic recreational drugs. The technique involves playing two different tones simultaneously to produce a perceived tone inside the head, in order to alter brainwaves.

Thoughts?

"Control of your words and emotions is the greatest predictor of success." - MaleDefined

Binaural Beats

Quote: (04-03-2012 07:45 AM)NuMbEr7 Wrote:  

Has anyone used binaural beats?

I found an interesting website that sells them. Some of the tracks have names like "Marijuana" or "Adrenaline" and each track is meant to affect your brain differently.

The use of auditory tones in an attempt to alter consciousness in ways that creates a simulated mood or experience, such as to mimic recreational drugs. The technique involves playing two different tones simultaneously to produce a perceived tone inside the head, in order to alter brainwaves.

Thoughts?

Sounds interesting. I remember reading about someone who developed some contraption to achieve similar results. Used sound and some sort of glasses with flashing lights. Supposed to "do your head in". Was developed in the 60's or 70's (of course).

I would guess the more senses you stimulate (sound and sight in this case) the more likely you'd have a positive result, though I think the flashing lights are dangerous for epileptics.

To be honest most lounge music is inspired by "higher states of consciousness" such as drug induced states. Think Thievery Corporation's "Lebanese Blonde" as a typical example.

Binaural Beats

A friend tried to introduce me to binaural beats a few weeks ago. Tones including marijuana, LSD, etc. I found them to be headache-inducing.

Quote: (02-16-2014 01:05 PM)jariel Wrote:  
Since chicks have decided they have the right to throw their pussies around like Joe Montana, I have the right to be Jerry Rice.

Binaural Beats

For some reason, i read in the title of this thread "Binatural Breasts"

Binaural Beats

@Bad Hussar apparently binaural beats have been used to treat addictions too

A friend tried to introduce me to binaural beats a few weeks ago. Tones including marijuana, LSD, etc. I found them to be headache-inducing.
Any other effects?

Quote: (04-03-2012 10:22 AM)Andreas Wrote:  

For some reason, i read in the title of this thread "Binatural Breasts"

[Image: lol.gif] hinting something eh?

"Control of your words and emotions is the greatest predictor of success." - MaleDefined

Binaural Beats

I take it you're referring to that "idoser" site?

I did "Gates of Hades" track with some friends. That shit was unpleasant but not as intense as the description said.

Just take real drugs in small amounts. (but never break the law because that's bad)

21 y/o brit.

Binaural Beats

Just try out the drug if you want to experience it. One time won't kill you.

Binaural Beats

Quote: (04-03-2012 03:06 PM)NuMbEr7 Wrote:  

Any other effects?

None that I specifically recall. Among other items I had ingested alcohol that evening.

Quote: (02-16-2014 01:05 PM)jariel Wrote:  
Since chicks have decided they have the right to throw their pussies around like Joe Montana, I have the right to be Jerry Rice.

Binaural Beats

I've tried 'em. And just like all sorts of other stuff... nothing. Had basically no effect on me. Disappointing. Fun idea, though.

Binaural Beats

I looked into this stuff a while ago, I thought the name of the product "idoser" was kind of stupid, but I looked it up pubmed shows a few articles where stress/anxiety was reduced with the binaural beats. I tried it out. Listened to a few of the "beginner" ones, kind of went into that pre-sleep dreamy state and felt good I guess. The one thing I noticed though was that as soon as I let go of being conscious and just let my mind wander/relax my eyes began to move akin to REM sleep, I felt kind of numb, but I don't know if this was a placebo thing.

I also tried another one and had straight up convulsions. My abdominal muscles contracted in a way I couldn't replicate afterwards and my back arched up pretty violently. It wasn't a seizure, but still whack. I stopped listening to these things after that.

Binaural Beats

Quote: (04-03-2012 09:43 PM)dulst Wrote:  

I did "Gates of Hades" track with some friends. That shit was unpleasant but not as intense as the description said.

Just take real drugs in small amounts. (but never break the law because that's bad)

Yea man, some of the people on youtube put up such fake vids on youtube like randomly screaming while listening to it[Image: dodgy.gif]

I think the strongest drug that I would try is ecstasy don't want to fuck around with coke and meth

Binaural Beats

What I wanna try is one of the tracks that are meant to make you have lucid dreams

Binaural Beats

Quote: (04-04-2012 09:43 AM)NuMbEr7 Wrote:  

Quote: (04-03-2012 09:43 PM)dulst Wrote:  

Yea man, some of the people on youtube put up such fake vids on youtube like randomly screaming while listening to it[Image: dodgy.gif]

I think the strongest drug that I would try is ecstasy don't want to fuck around with coke and meth

Ecstasy/MDMA is awesome but use it sparingly. I have no interest in coke and meth.

To me, a drug is only worth trying if the effects outweigh the consequences. This leads me to not wanting to try Meth or something that simulates it - especially as most people say the binnaural beats are nothing like the real thing.

This gave birth to my drug trying bucket list:
- Weed
- MDMA
- Truffles
- Shrooms
- LSD
- Cognitive enhancers

I don't think other drugs are really gonna be worth the risk.

21 y/o brit.