rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

We aren't TOTALLY without victories!

I have seen local examples that show we are speaking up and not only having our voices heard; but also, influencing policy.

Both examples come from my school:

1. The school gym was going to implement a "no men allowed" hour in the weight room, but decided against it after a public outcry and a fierce debate.

2. The school also changed the "women's studies" program to "gender studies" (okay so it's just a cosmetic change, but it's something).

Not much, but it's something.

Quote: (04-03-2012 06:48 AM)Andy_B Wrote:  

1. The school gym was going to implement a "no men allowed" hour in the weight room, but decided against it after a public outcry and a fierce debate.

Seems petty to object to this. I know some women would likley be as petty if the situations were reveresed. But so what.

Personally I really don't care if there are womens only gyms and other organisations. Actually I would encourage it. Also, if I were in the sort of situation were it was possible, I would definitley join one of the classic London "Gentlemans Clubs", where only men are allowed to join. And, no, it doesn't mean that the woman are "angry lesbian feminists" or the men are gay if they join such organisations. It's just that men and women need time apart now and then.

Quote: (04-03-2012 07:01 AM)Bad Hussar Wrote:  

Seems petty to object to this. I know some women would likley be as petty if the situations were reveresed. But so what.

I couldn't disagree with you more. I think this is very dangerous slippery slope that supports the notion that normal male sexuality is dangerous and needs to be cordoned off and controlled. While I disagree that it's a major victory (since it was proposed in the first place), it was definitely a few points in the right direction.

Tuthmosis Twitter | IRT Twitter

Quote: (04-03-2012 09:34 AM)Tuthmosis Wrote:  

Quote: (04-03-2012 07:01 AM)Bad Hussar Wrote:  

I couldn't disagree with you more. I think this is very dangerous slippery slope that supports the notion that normal male sexuality is dangerous and needs to be cordoned off and controlled. While I disagree that it's a major victory (since it was proposed in the first place), it was definitely a few points in the right direction.

I suppose it depends on the reason the women wanted the female only hour. To be honest I don't think the main motivation in these cases is to protect themselves from men hitting on them (They wish!). Most probably want it because they feel self concious, fat etc. If it gets them into the gym I see some upside.

But I get the point about equality running both ways, so women can't complain the request was turned down. It's just that I don't subscribe to that kind of "equality" in the first place. So women having their own gyms doesn't bother me in the least.

In the PC Capital of the World Toronto my school has female only swim time where Men can't use the pool. They even go as far as to pur heavy tarps over the pool windows so you can't see inside lmao.

As far as the gym goes the only reason I would be cool with it was for religious reasons. I realized here in Toronto with a lot of Muslim women they must find it difficult to workout. One girl who does use the school gym has to obviously still remained covered and my guess its a bitch going on a treadmill like that. That's the only reason I would be cool with it.. For any other reasons the women should shut it or go to a female gym.

Quote: (04-03-2012 11:16 AM)kosko Wrote:  

In the PC Capital of the World Toronto my school has female only swim time where Men can't use the pool. They even go as far as to pur heavy tarps over the pool windows so you can't see inside lmao.

As far as the gym goes the only reason I would be cool with it was for religious reasons. I realized here in Toronto with a lot of Muslim women they must find it difficult to workout. One girl who does use the school gym has to obviously still remained covered and my guess its a bitch going on a treadmill like that. That's the only reason I would be cool with it.. For any other reasons the women should shut it or go to a female gym.

We shouldn't change our societies to be politically correct to muslim women. It is their choice to wear the burka and they shall be treated equally - that means no special restrictions for other members of society to access a public gym for their religious beliefs. If they don't like it, there are plenty of muslim countries for them to go to and if the market is large enough private gyms for muslim females will spring up.

I like this thread and the weight room outcry is a victory. If women want to be equal, no special access privileges to the weight room either.

[Image: whip.gif]