rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Tom Leykis returns to radio today

http://badgerhut.wordpress.com/2012/04/0...dio-today/

I bet a lot of us here listened to him at one point or another. Leykis 101 is Game Management.

NICE!!
Would not have known if it weren't for this thread. I used to live in an area that had Tom in the afternoon rush hour slot. Was upset when the station he was had "restructured" and let go of all the talk radio. I'm glad he's on the internet now so it's no-holds-barred. I wonder if he'll use profanity as he used to punish people by hanging up on them on his show because of FCC regulations. It'll be weird hearing him say "fuck".

Returned and promtly crashed the servers lol

I never got into listening to him, though I do think he's hilarious. I heard him once give a brilliantly devious tip: If you're going to dinner with a girl, eat before and then order a salad. If she's got her head on straight, she won't order anything bigger (read: more $$$) than that.

A few years back I occasionally listened to him for a laugh or two, then I got kind of bored. I did read through his site though, and obviously he was on point with a lot of what he preached. And since he was married and divorced a few times, he'd been through the wars and had tons of experience, giving him lots of credibility. I'll tune back in at some point to see if he's got any new material.

"The best kind of pride is that which compels a man to do his best when no one is watching."

Gotta pay respects to the original. Apparently he wasn't to big on the east coast. He got ran out of town by Opie and Anthony in NYC. But apparently he was huge in Cali and Arizona.

Leykis is the truth.

He was never on broadcast where I live, I found out about him via passing mention by Maddox.

Listened to a lot of his stuff via leykisonline.com and YouTube. He's hilarious and quite insightful.

Quote: (02-16-2014 01:05 PM)jariel Wrote:  
Since chicks have decided they have the right to throw their pussies around like Joe Montana, I have the right to be Jerry Rice.

Just started listening to the first new show. Is it just me, or does Tom sound a lot huskier than he used to?

Random aside, I highly recommend folks here check out the Oliver Stone film "Talk Radio" It's really good.

Since chicks have decided they have the right to throw their pussies around like Joe Montana, I have the right to be Jerry Rice.

His voice has been like that since I've listened to him but I started at around 2006 only a couple of years before clear channels restructuring[/code].

Quote: (04-02-2012 05:46 PM)basilransom Wrote:  

I never got into listening to him, though I do think he's hilarious. I heard him once give a brilliantly devious tip: If you're going to dinner with a girl, eat before and then order a salad. If she's got her head on straight, she won't order anything bigger (read: more $$$) than that.

I liked that tip. He also had a similar one about calling a girl in the afternoon and asking her what time she usually eats dinner. When she's says "around __ pm". You say great and schedule the date for an hour or two after she eats dinner and tell her to meet you at a bar somewhere.

"I'm not afraid of dying, I'm afraid of not trying. Everyday hit every wave, like I'm Hawaiian"

I wish I had found this man before college. He's really doing us all a service.

Quote: (04-05-2012 01:51 PM)ronjon548 Wrote:  

I wish I had found this man before college. He's really doing us all a service.

Sadly, and stupidly, tons of his listeners will never 'get' the message.

I can recall many a broadcast during the Clear Channel era where a guy would call up and talk about how he'd been listening to Leykis, but "made a mistake" and got married, knocked up a chick, etc.

Clip from an older show. Skip to 29:55 to hear Tom destroy a chick who claims she's intelligent. I think her hamster died of overexertion by the end.

http://www.leykisonline.com/recordings/2...Haters.mp3

Quote: (04-02-2012 05:46 PM)basilransom Wrote:  

Depending on the girl, this also sounds like a possible way to get the girl to think you are a twink.

I think a better option is not being so broke that you worry about buying someone dinner once in a while.