rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Quick data sheet on COSTA RICA, GUATEMALA & PANAMA

Not much info about Central America in this forum. Heres some quick facts just to get it started. Central America is great.

PANAMA

Bocas del Toro: smal island in the north. Ruled by huge black locals with dread locks. You wont have a chance (except if you look like a scary local). Loads of beautifull european chicks looking to "rent a rasta". The island itself is beautiful and you can easily find a piece of sand with no one else in sight. Not expensive country, cheap flights from Panama city.

COSTA RICA

Puerto Viejo de Tamarindo: laid back vibe, beautifull beaches, good nithlife - excelent chances of hooking up. Both locals and tourists. Theres only one nightclub (even tought I went there every night i cant remember the name). The music always sucked, but the night is wild.

Tamarindo: thats the tourist hub. Loads of people (booking accomodation in advance is mandatory). Theres at least 4 or 5 clubs. They are all packed everynight. Probably the best place in Costa Rica to pick up girls. The beach itself kind of sucks, but with the wild nightlife you wont wake up early enough for beach action.
Good number of local girls (good looking and easy going) and tons of tourists.

GUATEMALA

Ive been to almost every country in Central America (havent been to El Salvador), and Guatemala is my favorite. Guatemalan chicks are beautiful, hot, sexy and really cool.

Semuc Champey: one of the most impressive places on earth, not good for game though.

Antigua: seems to be the place for nightlife. Lots of people, excelent night, the city is really cool, and theres a lot of activities during the day. Had a blast there.

San Pedro (Lake Atitlan area): more laid back, fewer tourists. Not good for game, but beautiful and calm, thats the place to heal the hangover.

Centtral America is fun, the other countries are also good, both for game and to see different stuff. Cheap, easy transportation, good food. I highly recomend

Quote: (03-30-2012 04:46 PM)edubote Wrote:  

GUATEMALA

Ive been to almost every country in Central America (havent been to El Salvador), and Guatemala is my favorite. Guatemalan chicks are beautiful, hot, sexy and really cool.

Semuc Champey: one of the most impressive places on earth, not good for game though.

Antigua: seems to be the place for nightlife. Lots of people, excelent night, the city is really cool, and theres a lot of activities during the day. Had a blast there.

San Pedro (Lake Atitlan area): more laid back, fewer tourists. Not good for game, but beautiful and calm, thats the place to heal the hangover.
Are you from Central America? Not to hate dude, but I've been to Guatemala and thought the women, on average, were pretty ugly. Kind of a mix of Native American and Japanese features, in the worst imaginable way. Ugh.

Judging by the 'would you hit it' thread, I'm way less picky than the average RVF member, but I come damn close to giving that entire country a "2/10 Would Not Bang".

What saves it is Antigua - tons of hot American chicks. Barely a hippo in sight, as I recall. Great for picking up if you know Spanish, b/c they are there to learn the language. If you don't know the language, you can sign up for a class and meet chicks that way. Good girl:guy ratio because not many foreign guys spend a lot of time there b/c we're off doing more adventurous shit. But the girls stay there for weeks at a time. I suppose if you go to high end areas in Guatemala City, you'll find more conventionally attractive chicks, because the more European blooded people are the upper class there, but GC isn't the safest place at night for a foreigner.

Bottom line: Guys fluent in Spanish, pack a suitcase full of condoms, go straight to Antigua and skip the rest of the country, unless you want to see the scenery, which admittedly is kinda nice.

@Roosh - you know Spanish! Go there. Write Bang Antigua, hook me up with a copy.

Not much info about Central America in this forum. Heres some quick facts just to get it started. Central America is great.

PANAMA

Bocas del Toro: smal island in the north. Ruled by huge black locals with dread locks. You wont have a chance (except if you look like a scary local). Loads of beautifull european chicks looking to "rent a rasta". The island itself is beautiful and you can easily find a piece of sand with no one else in sight. Not expensive country, cheap flights from Panama city.

Centtral America is fun, the other countries are also good, both for game and to see different stuff. Cheap, easy transportation, good food. I highly recomend

I was in Bocas way back in 04', I didn't find that locals to be scary at all, laidback and friendly is how I would describe them. I had a great time there and was able to hookup with a local triguena girl. Not sure what the islands like now though, I only remember seeing a handful of cute swiss girls there, is it super touristy now?

"I'm not afraid of dying, I'm afraid of not trying. Everyday hit every wave, like I'm Hawaiian"

About Bocas del Toro, are the local black people there English speaking?

Apparently a lot of central American countries have pockets of English speaking communities on their Caribbean coasts, the people being descendants of indentured servants, or quasi-slaves from the English speaking Caribbean (Jamaica, Barbados, etc) brought there in the late 19th, early 20th centuries to work.

Costa Rica: Puerto Viejo, Puerto Limon
Nicaragua: Bluefields, Corn Islands
Panama: Bocas del Toro
Honduras: Bay islands (Roatan, Utila, etc)

I`ve heard all those places are really cool, like mini-Jamaicas almost, laid back places with great beaches, diving, etc.

If anyone has more info on these places, some data would be much appreciated!

No, Im not from central america.

i made friends with some beautiful guatemalan girls both in Guatemala City and Panajachel, I had a good impression. But I do agree that there are, in deed, some ugly peple there.

About the local in Bocas: more than once me and my friends got harassed while walking at night. But, again, different people different impressions. Its worthed going.

Bay Islands, Honduras: Great place for diving, maybe not so good for gaming. But there are plenty of tourists there (younger crowd in Utila).

Quote: (03-30-2012 08:08 PM)scotian Wrote:  

About Bocas del Toro, are the local black people there English speaking?

Costa Rica: Puerto Viejo, Puerto Limon
Nicaragua: Bluefields, Corn Islands
Panama: Bocas del Toro
Honduras: Bay islands (Roatan, Utila, etc)

Yes most of these places along the caribbean coast of central america are english speaking. More accurately they speak a type of caribbean patois similar to jamaica. I've never been to jamaica but after hitting this region I feel I don't need to. Most of the locals I encountered were fluent in english and proficient in spanish, I actually preferred to speak spanish in some instances due to their heavy slang and accented english which can be somewhat confusing.

"I'm not afraid of dying, I'm afraid of not trying. Everyday hit every wave, like I'm Hawaiian"

GUATEMALA

I was there for about a week a few years ago. Can you post pictures of what you consider "beautiful, hot, sexy " Guat girls? Cuz those are 3 adjectives that I wouldn't use to describe Guatemalan girls. especially after coming from Panama and Costa Rica. imo, Only Belize ranks worse in terms of looks in Central America.

Quote: (03-30-2012 05:41 PM)assman Wrote:  

GUATEMALA

Are you from Central America? Not to hate dude, but I've been to Guatemala and thought the women, on average, were pretty ugly. Kind of a mix of Native American and Japanese features, in the worst imaginable way. Ugh.

Judging by the 'would you hit it' thread, I'm way less picky than the average RVF member, but I come damn close to giving that entire country a "2/10 Would Not Bang".

What saves it is Antigua - tons of hot American chicks. Barely a hippo in sight, as I recall. Great for picking up if you know Spanish, b/c they are there to learn the language. If you don't know the language, you can sign up for a class and meet chicks that way. Good girl:guy ratio because not many foreign guys spend a lot of time there b/c we're off doing more adventurous shit. But the girls stay there for weeks at a time. I suppose if you go to high end areas in Guatemala City, you'll find more conventionally attractive chicks, because the more European blooded people are the upper class there, but GC isn't the safest place at night for a foreigner.

Bottom line: Guys fluent in Spanish, pack a suitcase full of condoms, go straight to Antigua and skip the rest of the country, unless you want to see the scenery, which admittedly is kinda nice.

@Roosh - you know Spanish! Go there. Write Bang Antigua, hook me up with a copy.

This is exactly consistent with my experience. I was in Guatemala last year and the locals were pretty busted. The only hot tail I saw were the foreign language girls, usually American.

I also would second the advice about Antigua as compared to GC. I tried to make GC work, I thought it would be a kind of exotic, off the beaten path stop, but it was really just shady, I felt unsafe, and there were very few worthwhile targets. I strongly recommend landing in GC and then immediately taking the first cab out to Antigua.

Also: the ruins up in Tikal are pretty impressive, but it's a haul to get up there. I also visited Lago Atitlan, which was pretty but not that great. In retrospect I would have rather just stayed in Antigua.

Rasta dudes your competition in Bocas? Yeah, I'm gonna have to disagree with that assertion as well. Or "not having a chance." It's pretty much straight geared for running standard tourist/backpacker game.

I'd be more wary of packs of drunk Australians.