rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Madagascar

Madagascar

After watching this video, I sorta think a lot of guys are going to be making the long trip to Madagascar [Image: smile.gif]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8QTSBZQplKA

Madagascar

I heard a lot of French pedophiles go to Madagascar.

Girls don't look very black to me, more asian.

Madagascar

Quote: (03-29-2012 07:41 AM)Deb Auchery Wrote:  

The genetics are a combination of East African and Austronesian, hence the Blasian look.

I can't have sex with your personality, and I can't put my penis in your college degree, and I can't shove my fist in your childhood dreams, so why are you sharing all this information with me?

Madagascar

Quote: (03-29-2012 07:52 AM)Soma Wrote:  

Quote: (03-29-2012 07:41 AM)Deb Auchery Wrote:  

The genetics are a combination of East African and Austronesian, hence the Blasian look.

Looking at the history of Madagascar, that makes sense

Madagascar

I went to junior high with a kid from Madagascar, and he looked Aborigine. I'd also like to visit the Seychelles.

"The best kind of pride is that which compels a man to do his best when no one is watching."

Madagascar

I've been interested in going there for a few years now, only thing putting me off is the very expensive flight.

The government over there has cracked down a lot on sex tourism, because so many (mostly French) pedos where going there, mostly to the resort area called "Nosy Be".

Its an interesting place with a unique culture and history (also former French colony), hopefully someday a forum member will bust out a Mada data sheet!

Madagascar

Quote: (03-29-2012 01:02 PM)scotian Wrote:  

I've been interested in going there for a few years now, only thing putting me off is the very expensive flight.

The government over there has cracked down a lot on sex tourism, because so many (mostly French) pedos where going there, mostly to the resort area called "Nosy Be".

Its an interesting place with a unique culture and history (also former French colony), hopefully someday a forum member will bust out a Mada data sheet!

I was wondering about that. I was thinking about visiting South Africa, and then doing a side trip to Madagascar. I was thinking that maybe there would be cheap flights from SA. Or maybe even a boat.

"The best kind of pride is that which compels a man to do his best when no one is watching."

Madagascar

I used to have a curiosity about the place because of its geography, but I doubt I'll ever go unless an opportunity springs up if I find myself in that region or something. I want my next few trips to be in areas with several countries I can attack nearby from a home base.

Madagascar

I have a mate who went there 2 years back,he's big into nature and he travelled around and loved it. He said that you need decent French though as English is non existent especially outside of Tana.

Before people book flights however,remember that that video was filmed at a promotions event and therefore the chicks will be the best the country has to offer. It's no indication of what regular girls on the street will be like.

Madagascar

Any of you guy been down there? I've seen some pics and videos and it looks fantastic.

Been thinking about an off the beaten path trip. Fortunately I'm relatively close so airfares start from around 650 USD for me (still ridiculously steep given how close I am). Would apreciate any intel first-hand or otherwise.

Madagascar

Talk about bumping up an old thread

Madagascar

Quote: (11-23-2018 11:39 AM)MANic Wrote:  

Any of you guy been down there? I've seen some pics and videos and it looks fantastic.

Been thinking about an off the beaten path trip. Fortunately I'm relatively close so airfares start from around 650 USD for me (still ridiculously steep given how close I am). Would apreciate any intel first-hand or otherwise.

Where are you that is relatively close?
South Africa? Tanzania?

I think you should go and bring back a datasheet.

"I'm not afraid of dying, I'm afraid of not trying. Everyday hit every wave, like I'm Hawaiian"

Madagascar

I've never even seen girls that look like that, pretty wild. Is this whole blasian look just Madagascar or other south-eastern African countries as well?

Madagascar

Some « malgaches » (people from Madagascar) live in France. They are usually very quiet and easy going people so french people usually have sympathy for them.

The chicks you see in the videos are from Madagascar but the average chick is a few points below the ones you see in the video.

I think probably the prettiest women in Africa are found in Cabo Verde ( an island near Senegal), it’s also a good spot for surf.

Madagascar

Quote: (11-24-2018 05:36 AM)azulsombra Wrote:  

Quote: (11-23-2018 11:39 AM)MANic Wrote:  

Where are you that is relatively close?
South Africa? Tanzania?

I think you should go and bring back a datasheet.

Yep, I'm from South Africa. Another user on the forum has apparently been a few years back- just waiting for him to provide some feedback. From what I hear French is essential though (so I may have to delay the trip and hit the books).

Madagascar

I`ve always wanted to go there after watching Keith Floyd`s brilliant series Floyd on Africa. Seems like a beautiful and rather "unspoiled" country.

We will stomp to the top with the wind in our teeth.

George L. Mallory

Madagascar

I visited Madagascar a few years ago for two weeks. Before the trip I spent half a year studying French and reached a beginner level. It helped me a lot.

The general vibe is that it's a really poor, undeveloped country. Expect a place much worse than India. People are nice, in fact, so nice that it's tiring for a cold and introverted Eastern European like me.

Safety

Madagascar is considered a relatively safe place to travel. Relatively. My tourist guide was surprised that I was not robbed after I showed him pictures of where I walked in the capital. Fellow passengers on taxi-brousse (google for the pictures) told me stories about areas of the country which are controlled by armed bandits, who successfully resist the government's army. I don't know how much of this is true. What I think is that if you're in a accident, or get appendicitis in some remote village far from the capital, you'll be in trouble.

I was stopped twice by police who wanted to see my passport. I guess they might want bribes from tourists who don't carry documents with them. I will never know, because I had my passport with me, smiled and everything was very nice and quick. The surprising thing is how the hell were they able to spot a white guy in a taxi at 6am in the morning.

One more weird story. I took an overnight bus from Antsirabe to Antananarivo. I was squeezed for the whole night with 20 other people in a vehicle which is probably designed for 10 passengers. When we arrived at 4am everybody, including me, remained on the bus and slept two more hours. I think the people were afraid of walking in the night.

General travel info

Pass on the Lonely Planet guide and buy the guide book by Bradt. It's the best. Bring a hard copy - even in large cities there are long power outages. The center of the island is surprisingly cold. Pack a warm hoodie at least. I found that a light rain jacket can be worn over cotton hoodie, which makes is much warmer, adds protection from the rain, and is light. Speaking of light. I traveled with a single 8kg backpack. I highly recommend travelling light. Do yourself a favor and bring a good flashlight.

I'm not sure what's a good base for travel and where the party districts are. I decide to travel around and didn't stay much in Antananarivo. Other cities are rather small.

Food

Food actually belongs to safety part. I managed to get a food poisoning twice in two weeks. First after dining at a nice tourist restaurant in Morondava. I got so sick that I don't remember much from one day. Second time in a different city I shitted my pants. I never got sick from a dirty roadside restaurant where the taxi-brousse takes the passengers. My general advice for eating in developing countries is: eat where the locals do. A dirty shack full of people has freshly prepared food. A nice hotel restaurant has food that is too expensive, so it stays there for hours, that's a recipe for disaster. That being said, I do recommend the restaurant near Glacier in Antananarivo.

People

The girls from the video at the beginning of the thread come from the central highlands and probably belong to Merina ethnic group. People at the coast of Mozambique channel near Morondava look like Africans, they are Sakalavas. There are more ethnic groups on the island. They all speak the same language, believe in ancestors and Jesus Christ, and are obsessed with cattle, which they call Zebu. Don't expect inter-ethnic violence, but somebody described to me the relations between Sakalava and Merina as using the French word racisme.

Speaking of customs and religion. I attended Famadihana, which is a tradition when a body is removed from the grave, wrapped in new silk, an put back to rest. There is always a huge and expensive party thrown by the family.

I don't know much about ONS, but I guess they are possible. Malagasy women are free to sleep around. It's always been like that on Madagascar.

In Europe we have a clear distinction between prostitutes and girlfriends. It seems those things are more fluid in Madagascar. A girl may want to sleep with you, but will expect money in the morning. P4p is big there with French guys. There is some mention on the thread of the government fighting sex tourism. I think what's meant is sex with children. I saw lots of posters about it and they were quite specific about paying for sex with minors under age of 18. Over 18 seems legal and accepted. (I know the forum is not about p4p, but it should be discussed in case of this country, because you may end up sleeping with a prostitute without realizing it).

I met a really beautiful and smart lady there, but had no luck. She stayed at my place for a few nights, but all I got were kisses. She definitely did not need or want money. In fact, she paid for me in a restaurant on the first date to emphasize this. We spoke in a mix of French and English. She knew some English, because her job was in tourism and because she was an ambitious and hard working woman. As for the fact why she did not sleep with me, it's because I am beta and she sensed it. She also had a boyfriend, with whom she had been for a long time (I know from Facebook) and, I guess, decided that I'm not worth cheating on him.

As for the men they all seemed friendly. I think it was genuine, but in such a poor country you expect that people want money from you, so I was kind of weary of being too friendly. I don't think you having a Malagasy girlfriend would be a problem. My guide asked me about my experience with Malagasy girls and the tone of his voice was like as if he asked me if I drank THB (the most popular beer on the island).

When my guide was taking me to Famadihana he mentioned that it's a great opportunity for him to get a girlfriend in another village. I knew he was married and asked what about his wife, to which he replied "one woman is not enough."

Weird Stuff

I bought a beer from a vendor during Famadihana. She, an older lady, asked if I want it opened. I said yes. She opened it with her teeth.

Near Morondava I saw a group of boys and young men. One of them had a big snake on a leash, which looked like it was dying. I think they don't disapprove animal cruelty there.