rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Man Saws Off Foot To Keep Receiving Unemployment

Quote:Quote:

It sounds like the plot of a boring "Saw" film, but it's apparently all-too-real.

An unemployed Austrian man cut off his own foot with a mitre saw so he could continue receiving jobless benefits.

Hans Url, a 56-year-old from Mitterlabill, then took the foot and cooked it in the oven so doctors could not reattach it.

"The planning was meticulous," Franz Fasching, a police spokesman, told the Daily Mail. "[Url] waited until his wife and his adult son had left the house and he was alone. He then switched it on and sliced off his left foot above the ankle--throwing it in the fire so it would not be possible to reattach it before he called emergency services."

He "then made his way to the garage where he called emergency services and waited for them to arrive."

Url was airlifted to a hospital in Graz, where he was put in an artificial coma so doctors could stabilize him.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow/man...22700.html

[Image: saw-foot.jpg]

Quote:Quote:

The kicker: according to the paper, being footless does not necessarily qualify Url for unemployment compensation.

He should have cut off his head instead and received the Darwin award.

That's commitment

I guess he really hated working.

Beyond All Seas

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe.
To be your own man is a hard business. If you try it, you'll be lonely often, and sometimes
frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself." - Kipling

Quote: (03-28-2012 06:42 PM)UgSlayer Wrote:  

That's commitment

I thought men were supposed to be afraid of that.

10/14/15: The day I learned that convicted terrorists are treated with more human dignity than veterans.

Quote: (03-28-2012 06:43 PM)teh_skeeze Wrote:  

That's commitment

I guess he had cold feet.

Quote: (03-28-2012 06:51 PM)cibo Wrote:  

Quote: (03-28-2012 06:43 PM)teh_skeeze Wrote:  

That's commitment

I guess he had cold feet.

Brilliant good sir!

10/14/15: The day I learned that convicted terrorists are treated with more human dignity than veterans.

Well, if he still loses the unemployment, that stump will earn him sympathy points panhandling at the local offramp.

And people say Americans are stupid, idiotic, and violent!

Hello.