rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

JetBlue pilot flips out?

JetBlue pilot flips out?

A JetBlue flight from New York to Las Vegas was forced to land in Texas today after passengers had to subdue the plane's pilot, who shouted about bombs and al-Qaeda after suffering what was described as a "medical situation," the Amarillo Globe-News reports.

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/...3JjbngqM00

JetBlue pilot flips out?

I can imagine that was pretty frightening. Dumbass chose to fuck with the wrong group of passengers for sure:

Quote:Quote:

The flight was "packed with burly men" heading to the 2012 International Security Conference in Las Vegas, the New York Daily News says.

At least he was stupid enough to leave the locked cockpit before acting out. I can't imagine how frightening it would have been for the dumbass to come on over the intercom screaming that sort of shit.

Just glad to hear that the flight landed safely.

Morons don't seem to understand, that you don't fuck with Americans on airplanes anymore. Remember the shoe guy? The underwear dude from Amsterdam? Now this dumbass? All three got their asses handed to them.

Quote: (02-16-2014 01:05 PM)jariel Wrote:  
Since chicks have decided they have the right to throw their pussies around like Joe Montana, I have the right to be Jerry Rice.

JetBlue pilot flips out?

Craziness. If you go to cnn.com they have a closeup video (from passenger's phone) of the pilot losing his shit and being ambushed by passengers.

This country has a huge mental illness problem that grows year by year. Just another reason to escape this sinking ship soon.

JetBlue pilot flips out?

Wow. Obviously it's only one case, but a commercial pilot is pretty much the last person in the world youl'd expect to have a mental breakdown like this. The couple of airline pilots Ive met are usually the calmest people in the room.

JetBlue pilot flips out?

There is a stereotype about pilots that they drink a lot.

I wonder why that is?

JetBlue pilot flips out?

Quote: (03-27-2012 11:16 PM)El Rey Wrote:  

Craziness. If you go to cnn.com they have a closeup video (from passenger's phone) of the pilot losing his shit and being ambushed by passengers.

This country has a huge mental illness problem that grows year by year. Just another reason to escape this sinking ship soon.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/03/27/travel/jet...index.html

JetBlue pilot flips out?

Quote: (03-28-2012 05:33 AM)Bad Hussar Wrote:  

Wow. Obviously it's only one case, but a commercial pilot is pretty much the last person in the world youl'd expect to have a mental breakdown like this. The couple of airline pilots Ive met are usually the calmest people in the room.

One of the challenges for commercial pilots is that if they have a mental illness (or physical illness, for that matter) that requires a medication or treatment not approved by the FAA many of them refuse to seek treatment out of fear of losing their 1st class medical certificate that is required to fly.

JetBlue pilot flips out?

Passenger attacks crew on NC-to-Florida flight

..CHARLOTTE, N.C. (AP) — A passenger aboard a US Airways flight from Charlotte, N.C., to Fort Myers, Fla., was arrested after attacking crew members before being wrestled to the floor.

The incident happened Tuesday afternoon, just hours after passengers aboard a JetBlue flight from New York to Las Vegas wrestled down the plane's agitated pilot.

Lee County Port Authority police spokeswoman Victoria Moreland said a passenger was arrested but declined to give details until an arrest report was released later Wednesday.

US Airways spokesman Bill McGlashen said Wednesday he didn't know how early in the flight the passenger became unruly, why she reacted, how she was restrained, or whether any flight attendants were injured.

"All I know is that during the flight the passenger became disruptive to the point where the crew took the precautionary measure of restraining her in the cabin," McGlashen said. The flight arrived slightly early into Fort Myers, he said.

The female passenger aboard US Airways flight 1697 kicked, scratched and spit on crew members, according to Raleigh station WCNC (http://bit.ly/HbS2XI), which said one of its reporters spoke to arriving crew members in the terminal.

The woman complained of being scared of flying shortly before she became violent, flight attendants said. The woman left her seat and knocked one flight attendant to the ground, the TV station reported. One female flight attendant had bruises and bandages up her arms in addition to scratch marks.

A Lee County sheriff's deputy on board the flight helped tackle the woman, WCNC reported. The woman was screaming and crying while she was checked by medics in the terminal before being taken away.

JetBlue pilot flips out?

I think the pilot was just suffering from dehydration and exhaustion.

JetBlue pilot flips out?

Quote: (03-28-2012 12:18 PM)babelfish669 Wrote:  

I think the pilot was just suffering from dehydration and exhaustion.

Yes. The greater problem, especially for pilots that fly for smaller airlines, is sometimes not being able to get the required rest between flights. Larger airlines have standby crews in just about every city, and if a pilot can't fly for whatever reason, there's someone that can step right in. For airlines like JetBlue, that isn't the case. They're relying on a crew that's coming in on one flight to hop on another plane and take that one out. A few years back when there was really bad weather nationwide, and passengers were stranded for days it was because crews they were relying on to get to certain cities were grounded in other cities. They don't have personnel standing by in other cities that they can call. It's also a pressure job, and can probably be lonely. You can't go out and blow of steam by drinking, etc., so I'm amazed that more of them don't have occasional issues.

"The best kind of pride is that which compels a man to do his best when no one is watching."