rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Sunglasses on when daygaming: Yeah or Neah?

In daygaming I'm trying to determine whether to wear my sunglasses when opening (it's bright and I look better not squinting) , leave them off, or take them off during the opening as a prop.

I'm noticing sunglasses by women are a strong bitch shield.

The theory so far I have is "mirror the target" --if she's wearing sunglasses, so am I. If she's not, I'm not.

Then again, there's the "masked stranger" element that gets some psycho chicks grinding.

Any other people like to chime in here with their experience?

Is wearing sunglasses good, bad, or too minor of an element to make a difference?

"Alpha children wear grey. They work much harder than we do, because they're so frightfully clever. I'm awfully glad I'm a Beta, because I don't work so hard. And then we are much better than the Gammas and Deltas. Gammas are stupid. They all wear green, and Delta children wear khaki. Oh no, I don't want to play with Delta children. And Epsilons are still worse. They're too stupid to be able to read or write. Besides they wear black, which is such a beastly color. I'm so glad I'm a Beta."
--Aldous Huxley, Brave New World

Probably minor, but at some point in the interaction, I'll take them off so she can see my eyes. Think I read somewhere that this psychologically shows you're comfortable revealing yourself or some such bs, but really I just do it because it feels natural. And I don't want to come off as one of those d-bag "cool guys" that always hides behind sunglasses.

Quote: (03-20-2012 12:53 PM)Blackhawk Wrote:  

In daygaming I'm trying to determine whether to wear my sunglasses when opening (it's bright and I look better not squinting) , leave them off, or take them off during the opening as a prop.

I'm noticing sunglasses by women are a strong bitch shield.

The theory so far I have is "mirror the target" --if she's wearing sunglasses, so am I. If she's not, I'm not.

Then again, there's the "masked stranger" element that gets some psycho chicks grinding.

Any other people like to chime in here with their experience?

Is wearing sunglasses good, bad, or too minor of an element to make a difference?

Well I wear sunglasses because a) They're badass (I rock Aviators) and b) They protect your eyes (I don't want crow's-feet at 30 because of all the squinting I'm doing), but I don't think that sunglasses on girls are a total bitch shield; if anything, I've found that they're thinking the same thing I am (though those giant sunglasses girls have been wearing for the last five years are wack, and they do hide enough of a girl's face that she may look good with them on, but significantly less good when she takes them off...they have a 'masking' effect to them).

If I start an interaction with sunglasses, I will take them off after less than a minute has passed; tiny IoI/rapport gambit and I have really big green eyes that girls are always complimenting me on.

experiment with both.. and take mental notes on which one girls responded to more.

yeah...

Sunglasses by design make you look kool. Especially if you get the aviator ones.

Just another fashion piece. Question? Do girls look kool in sunglasses? Yes.

Therefore it will work for you!

The problem is that many use them purely as a prop to look cool, instead of only for the practical reason of keeping glare out of your eyes. If you're daygaming in the sun, that is a better alternative to squinting. At the same time, I do believe it's good for someone to see your eyes. I'm more annoyed by people that keep the glasses on indoors - there's NO excuse not to remove them then.

"The best kind of pride is that which compels a man to do his best when no one is watching."

I'm going to say no, when I open it doesn't really matter what I say it's all in the eyes, I wouldn't want that hidden.
If you make her look away first, it's not going to have the same impact if she can't see your eyes.
After that, it doesn't matter, pop them back on. That may be even better if she's wondering how you're looking at her.

The reason poker players wear them is so you can't read their emotions but they can read yours. I would say drop an opener and then take yours off so you can project your emotions or positive vibe at them. Obviously you can't get any visual feedback from them but you can adjust your game based on their vocal tone and body language.

Team Nachos

Random fact from a book on body language, both men and women look better with sunglasses resting on the top of your head. Acts to excentuate your pupils which is physically attractive. So technically the best answer is yes, but don't have them covering your eyes. Eye contact is huge for girls so with glasses on probably harder to make direct eye contact

In sales you are taught to never wear sunglasses as you appear less threatening and more open without them. If the customer can't see your eyes they will be less likely to trust you.

It works similar with picking up broads, however mystery is not always a bad thing so I don't always take them off. Depends on how things are going.

You can also see if they mirror your actions by removing yours. If she does the same you're on the right track.

Good thread. I'm going to start wearing them 24/7 since summer is coming up. I made a Sunglasses thread in the Lifestyle section if anyone is interested in new locs.

Fashion Advice: Does anybody know what type of sunglasses the guy in the OBEY shirt is wearing in this video (See video at 5:59)? Does anybody know of any sunglasses that look similar that they would recommend?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dFhwr6AFxsE

I'd say no.

Not just because of my magnificent blue eyes, but because it's a huge attraction for girls to be able to look at your eyes, and judge your safety and sincerity.

Body language 101

I dont wear sunglasses, seems a bit pretencious. I have seen people wear sunglasses in doors. I have also seen people who dont need specs wear them just to seem smarter.

Don't debate me.

I wear sunglasses as jewellery or accessories, to attract attention. It's all in the brand, in clubs or in the street. Then, if you want to get serious with the girl, you let her try them on and see if she likes.

I wear sunglasses if it's sunny. My eyes are sensitive to bright light. If it's not sunny I don't wear sunglasses. If i'm talking to a girl I just met I'll remove my sunglasses if we go somewhere where it's not sunny. This is the type of thing that eventually you don't want to be thinking about. In the end, just do what you want to do.

A girl is wearing sun glasses. Would you guys open her when you are not wearing one?

Lets say you open, after a minute or 2, would you take it as a sign to move on if she still hasn't taken off her glasses?

Quote: (02-25-2018 10:34 PM)Hazaer Wrote:  

A girl is wearing sun glasses. Would you guys open her when you are not wearing one?

Lets say you open, after a minute or 2, would you take it as a sign to move on if she still hasn't taken off her glasses?

Tell her to take them off so you can see that pretty face of hers.

Quote:Quote:

Nah. Bright light during the day is healthy for your eyes anyway.

How can you even ask this question?! Strong, dominant eye contact is a foundation of game. Without it you can just as well stay home and rub one out. You MUST not wear sunglasses!

My Adventures in Game updates on the go: twits by Max Detrick

Unbowed. Unbent. Unbroken.

I don’t ever give up. I mean, I’d have to be dead or completely incapacitated.
-- Elon Musk

Eye contact is a must.

I'd do it for fun, but if I actually cared about moving the interaction forward I'd take them off at some point in the interaction.

I actually think it might be better to put them on DURING the interaction (not on the open) in a routine. It'll be a DHV then.

Surgically precise game is best game.

-Surgeon

The British Army's thought on the matter:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBVAzfpjzGc

It's never mattered for me.

Your look and your confidence are what always matters. Sometimes your sunglasses can add to your look.

One thing I sometimes do if we're both wearing sunglasses is to see if she'll take hers off as a compliance test.

Read my Latest at Return of Kings: 11 Lessons in Leadership from Julius Caesar
My Blog | Twitter