rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Toastmasters to Improve Game

If your unfamiliar with Toastmasters, it's a "club" that helps improve your communication skills with people. Ive been going for about 3 years and feel that it's drastically improved my game and just general social ability. I feel like I can walk into any room, assess it, and act accordingly. Has anyone else taken anything similar to not only improve game but themselves?

I got a job at a call center and I bother people on the phone all day. I've never talked so much in my life I can already see my game improving from all the talking and having to think on your feet.

Someone recommended it to me on here because I get nervous speaking in front of crowds. Is it free?

Quote: (03-19-2012 08:10 PM)DirkDiggler Wrote:  

If your unfamiliar with Toastmasters, it's a "club" that helps improve your communication skills with people. Ive been going for about 3 years and feel that it's drastically improved my game and just general social ability. I feel like I can walk into any room, assess it, and act accordingly. Has anyone else taken anything similar to not only improve game but themselves?

drastically... whats your count per month?

Quote: (03-19-2012 08:22 PM)houston Wrote:  

Someone recommended it to me on here because I get nervous speaking in front of crowds. Is it free?

I haven't done it but I read about it and you need to pay a small fee every month to get into the more elaborate talks but there's like a newbie part in the beginning that everyone can do I think for cheaper.

[attachment=5423]

[Image: icon_lol.gif]

Quote: (03-19-2012 08:10 PM)DirkDiggler Wrote:  

I've taken toastmaster for 2 years, in the past...I went from being afraid of speaking publically...to seeing it as routine...

Toastmaster help me control voice projection, speed, eye contact and body language. Its quite a pressure cooker....

My suggestion to you, after going to toastmaster for 3 months, I suggest taking acting classes at your local community college or university....Take acting 1, 2, 3, will push your communication skill.

at the end of the day, who are the most charismatic people in the world? Actors and Actress....

J

I'd strongly suggest this, although I do Debating at an interschool level instead of ToastMasters. I started in middle school when I was 12, six years later and I'm probably the best public speaker out of the 150+ students in my year. After a while, you start to feel like a motherfucking boss when speaking to crowds.

I save the money and just talk to random people as I go about my day.

Quote: (03-19-2012 08:15 PM)Riker Wrote:  

I got a job at a call center and I bother people on the phone all day. I've never talked so much in my life I can already see my game improving from all the talking and having to think on your feet.

Another job that will help guys is selling cars. If you don't sell you don't make shit, so it forces you to not only talk to people but guide them to where you want them to go. I learned about the yes ladder selling cars long before PUA's were talking about it.

Some of the unemployed guys should give it a roll.

I took toastmasters out of curiosity some years ago as my friend was gung ho about it then. I already speak publicly for my job and have gotten really comfortable with talking to anyone from my travels and having been pushed out of my comfort zone many times in those experiences.

Toastmaster's is really good for people who may stutter when speaking or use "um, but, you know, etc...." when they speak. It takes a lot of practice but you eventually get comfortable speaking in front of an audience of strangers and commanding the discussion.

As for game, I recommend constantly approaching and also using those building rapport questions basilransom had posted in one thread. If you ask a few of those questions and intersperse them with flirtation and sexual interest, you are practically golden with that chick.

Quote: (03-20-2012 12:39 AM)Hencredible Casanova Wrote:  

As for game, I recommend constantly approaching and also using those building rapport questions basilransom had posted in one thread. If you ask a few of those questions and intersperse them with flirtation and sexual interest, you are practically golden with that chick.

http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-11069.html For anybody whose interested.

I really liked the idea of taking acting classes mentioned above. I never even thought about that but it's a brilliant idea.

And of course reading some stuff about sales should be great too, or even taking a sales job.

So toastmasters to learn the the power of oratory, acting to learn the power of charisma, and sales to learn the power of persuasion. Sounds like a winning trifecta to me.

Some of the best players I've met are non-famous actors. Take acting classes and Toastmasters. It'll help improve your life across the board. Done both. Not to mention that actresses are the easiest lays in my opinion, and your acting class will be full of them.

Try this: "Let's work a scene together, because I think you're a really good actress and this scene I picked will highlight your talent." Easy easy easy bang. Insecurities like crazy and always trying to fuck their way ahead in Hollywood.

Like someone else said "Toastmasters" is good for gaming reason only if you are a beginner, it gets over the fear of public speaking, corrects your posture, common mistakes etc.....

I myself have no fear whatsoever of talking to any one, joined toastmasters for both reasons 1. Improve and correct my speech
2. Gaming ( Unfortunately girls at my class all belong to would you hit it thread )

Cost is minimal , If I remember right under a $100 for 12 months but it's a pain in the ass to be there every week.....

I will definitely give it a shot if I am a beginner in Game.....

"You can not fake good kids" - Mike Pence

Quote: (03-20-2012 02:40 AM)speakeasy Wrote:  

I really liked the idea of taking acting classes mentioned above. I never even thought about that but it's a brilliant idea.

And of course reading some stuff about sales should be great too, or even taking a sales job.

So toastmasters to learn the the power of oratory, acting to learn the power of charisma, and sales to learn the power of persuasion. Sounds like a winning trifecta to me.

Theres also improv classes, if you want to learn how to be funnier, in the context of jokes and sarcasm.

Theres a time and place for making jokes, being charismatic, being a good listener and being seductive.

Complete game, ready for all situation. True player.

If you want to learn dominance take mma, mma guy are the most dominate and masculine men. Why? because they fight full contact, and they don't make excuse for there failure. If you get your ass kick in class, that is very humbling. The truth.

Quote: (03-20-2012 07:29 PM)jerome Wrote:  

Theres also improv classes, if you want to learn how to be funnier, in the context of jokes and sarcasm.

Theres a time and place for making jokes, being charismatic, being a good listener and being seductive.

If you want to learn dominance take mma, mma guy are the most dominate and masculine men. Why? because they fight full contact, and they don't make excuse for there failure. If you get your ass kick in class, that is very humbling. The truth.

Yea, but using an arm bar to secure a lizard for the lay is still illegal in most countries in the Western hemisphere.

OUR NEW BLOG!

http://repstylez.com

My NEW TRAVEL E-BOOK - DOMINICAN REPUBLIC - A RED CARPET AFFAIR

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00K53LVR8

Love 'em or leave 'em but we can't live without lizardsssss..

An Ode To Lizards

Quote: (03-20-2012 02:40 AM)speakeasy Wrote:  

Yeah but you can just wear a tapout shirt and everyone will know your the bestest MMA fighter out there, right?

God'll prolly have me on some real strict shit
No sleeping all day, no getting my dick licked

The Original Emotional Alpha

Quote: (03-20-2012 07:37 PM)Moma Wrote:  

Yea, but using an arm bar to secure a lizard for the lay is still illegal in most countries in the Western hemisphere.

Lol, actually Jerome has a good point. I took up fighting for a few years and it is humbling to get your ass handed to you when it happens. It does make you face your fears when it's your turn to full contact spar with the baddest motherfucker in the class. Plus it keeps you in great shape and boosts your overall confidence. Good addition, Jerome.

You are right that we all need a humbling experience. I wouldn't mind taking up boxing or some shyt as long as I don't sustain any prolonged damage. However, for me, the best thing is to vacation or live in a tough third world country for a bit. That humbles a dude like a mofo. In terms of the boxing, I often think when I went to these classes back in the day and the trainer was this 5'8 Latin guy who could knock any guy in there cold, it made me realise that life isn't all about the biggest guy.

And getting too big headed prevents us from accomplishing great things. I am just worried about sustaining some prolonged damage from getting my gut stunned or being knocked the fcuk out.

Is that beta?

OUR NEW BLOG!

http://repstylez.com

My NEW TRAVEL E-BOOK - DOMINICAN REPUBLIC - A RED CARPET AFFAIR

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00K53LVR8

Love 'em or leave 'em but we can't live without lizardsssss..

An Ode To Lizards

Which Toastmasters group did everyone pick in their city? There's a whole bunch here...

Quote: (03-20-2012 08:35 PM)Moma Wrote:  

I am just worried about sustaining some prolonged damage from getting my gut stunned or being knocked the fcuk out.

Is that beta?

Yes, and it is one of the most common excuses I hear from people about not training. Unless you turn pro you have nothing to worry about. If you are serious about trying boxing or something similar then jump right in man. The chances of you getting KOd in training are fairly slim for a recreational boxer. If you train for an amateur or pro fight it is more likely, but even then you have very little to worry about unless you make a career out of it. If you go to a legit gym, your trainers won't throw you in there with people who are just going to up and whoop the shit out of you all day long, so don't worry about that. Although you will take some decent beatings from time to time, it is nothing to be scared about. It really isn't that bad, and it is over quickly lol.

Bumping this since it hasn't been live in two years. Anyone with Toastmaster's updates? Do you need to go to regular meetings or can you just drop in? I want to do this to work on speaking skills for work and game. Looking forward to hear what members have to say.

you attend one and if you like that particular group and they like you you join. then you have to do a regular thing to actually improve.