rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Group interviews

Group interviews

Some guys on here helped me out and now I'm set up to go to a group interview. He told me to get there early so we could talk one on one so I'm going to do that for sure. I should be ok in the one on one portion but I have never been apart of a group interview before. If you guys don't mind helping me out again, do you have any any tips or advice on how to do my best in a group interview?

Group interviews

Group interviews

-all at once or 1 person back to back to back to back to back?

-be consistent with your stories
-be friendly and engaging with all
-make eye contact with everyone
-drink water because this shit is long...i've done some from 2hrs to 5hrs...
-don't fall for the good cop/bad cop routine....guaranteed one guy is -designated to be the asshole...stay calm and treat everyone the same even the a-hole...it's a test to see if your a angry psycho mofo.
-good luck...don't stress it...think of it as a conversation to get to know you and you getting to know them...

Group interviews

Ha they do good cop bad cop?

Thanks man hopefully I'll get it. Seems like the guy wants me to get the job.

Group interviews

My recruiter took me out to lunch after landing my current job. I was asking him about his industry, hours he puts in, etc. Really nice guy. He told me whenever their interview a person for a recruiting job they ask during the group questioning. What kind of car do you think each one of us drivers? Just to see how the person reacts to a high pressure question.

Group interviews

Quote: (03-19-2012 05:27 PM)kickboxer Wrote:  

Some guys on here helped me out and now I'm set up to go to a group interview. He told me to get there early so we could talk one on one so I'm going to do that for sure. I should be ok in the one on one portion but I have never been apart of a group interview before. If you guys don't mind helping me out again, do you have any any tips or advice on how to do my best in a group interview?

Summarised from the book '59 seconds', by Professor Richard Wiseman:

Research suggests that in a group interview, sit in the middle of the group or the middle of the table. People seem to subconsciously believe that the important person is in the middle - the 'centre-stage effect.' Candidates asked to sit dummy interviews were more likely to be hired when sitting in the middle of the group.

Group interviews

Not specific to group interviews, but don't be thrown by the "of the wall" type questions. The ones that seem to have no relation to the job, company, or really much of anything at all. HR people love them because they feel it gives them a deeper insight into the candidate and they get to undertsand HOW they think. I have my reservations, but since their are no wrong answers just have fun with them.

Group interviews

Be loud

Group interviews

Quote: (03-21-2012 09:01 AM)Thomas the Rhymer Wrote:  

Summarised from the book '59 seconds', by Professor Richard Wiseman:

Research suggests that in a group interview, sit in the middle of the group or the middle of the table. People seem to subconsciously believe that the important person is in the middle - the 'centre-stage effect.' Candidates asked to sit dummy interviews were more likely to be hired when sitting in the middle of the group.

Yup, also, make sure your chair is jacked up high and not saggin' all low and broken. This will improve your "discussion" posture, as well as the way you are perceived. Let the others fidget around in the broken chairs.