rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

"Emotional Scarring"

"Emotional Scarring"

Hey guys,

I've been thinking about the consequences of failing often. I'm wondering if there are techniques you can use to separate yourself from a bad reaction. I'm no neuroscientist but I feel like some emotional wounding never fully heals like some of my friends with divorced parents have told me.

"Emotional Scarring"

Pretty sure you're spot on with some scarring not healing.

I think the only way to change neural pathways though is progressive conditioning (for good stuff) and desensitisation (to bad stuff.)

"Emotional Scarring"

Life can be a self-fulfilling prophecy - one way to ensure that you don't fully recover from whatever is happening, is that you believe you won't.

"Emotional Scarring"

Theres some NLP stuff geared towards this.

Check this out: http://www.personal-development.com/chuc...r-past.htm

God'll prolly have me on some real strict shit
No sleeping all day, no getting my dick licked

The Original Emotional Alpha

"Emotional Scarring"

NLP isn't really that great.

I'm pretty highly trained in it. As in, certificationwise. It doesn't fix a problem permanently in one go.

"Emotional Scarring"

Quote: (03-15-2012 04:16 PM)Kitsune Wrote:  

desensitization

I corrected the spelling, but yeah that's the key word. If failing bothers you, you just don't have enough life experience yet regardless of your age.

"Emotional Scarring"

I would start by reinterpreting failure. See it as a lesson learned rather than a problem with yourself.

I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed.
- Michael Jordan

"Emotional Scarring"

Drop some E. Worked for me. Melts the negative emotions away. It's an awakening experience.
Psychopharmacology is where it's at. [Image: wink.gif]

Team Nachos

"Emotional Scarring"

Quote: (03-15-2012 04:59 PM)babelfish669 Wrote:  

Quote: (03-15-2012 04:16 PM)Kitsune Wrote:  

desensitization

I corrected the spelling, but yeah that's the key word. If failing bothers you, you just don't have enough life experience yet regardless of your age.

You're named after a translator. you should know spelling with an 's' instead of 'z' is non-American standard English. [Image: huh.gif]

"Emotional Scarring"

I believe its coming to terms with it. To accept it for what it is....that they will happen. If your used to them at times, you don't place importance in it anymore.

"Emotional Scarring"

Time heals all wounds. While the scar will always remain, use them as a reminder. Success is great and all, but sometimes I prefer to fail. It gives me an opportunity to learn and grow.

Success is just getting up one more time than you have fallen.

10/14/15: The day I learned that convicted terrorists are treated with more human dignity than veterans.