rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

UK MP to Resign Due to Relationship with 17 Year Old Girl

http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2012/...-step-down

He wasn't married at the time (divorced), and the age of consent is the U.K is 16. Plus the girl in question didn't make any complaints about it. So he had consensual, legal, un-adulterous sex with a campaign volunteer who was a year older than the age of consent in his country, and now he's gotten politically destroyed because of it. This is why I despise moralist crusaders.

Agreed on the dislike of moralists (who are, for the record, mainly older women with the occasional white knight sprinkled in). The Puritan/Calvinist legacy is still alive in many parts of the Anglosphere (most strongly the USA, but also the UK as you can see), and the world is not a better place for it.
Its really their hypocrisy that gets to me. You set the age of consent at 16, indicating that at this time a person is capable of reasonably and rationally consenting to sex.

You cannot then turn around and claim moral outrage when said person engages in sex with someone much older than they are. Either this person is capable of making a decision of their own free will (which we and the law are thus bound to respect), or they aren't. You don't get to have your cake and eat it too. She made a choice that the law says she is fully capable of making and he did nothing illegal or wrong in getting involved with her.

Of course, this is a moot point to the old women who (thanks to their accounting for 85% of our spending and essentially driving our consumer-dependent economies) dominate public opinion in the USA and the UK. They'll skewer him just because he's an older man with a much younger woman. The media will play to this along with other politicians because these women do most of the watching, buying and voting these days-their word counts more than anyone else's. Simple as that.

As bad as this is, though, he'd be dealing with much worse here in the USA. There, he merely loses his seat. Here, Nancy Grace and the rest of the talking heads throughout our media would be leading a crusade to throw him in prison, and there's a good chance they'd win given our laws.

Also, she isn't that hot, really. Beats a woman his age, sure, but still:
[Image: article-2108580-11FC279B000005DC-239_634x436.jpg]
[Image: article-2108580-11FBA160000005DC-633_306x423.jpg]

Know your enemy and know yourself, find naught in fear for 100 battles. Know yourself but not your enemy, find level of loss and victory. Know thy enemy but not yourself, wallow in defeat every time.

Ouch, that bitch is hideous. Doesn't even pass my boner test. Perhaps this guy was hell bent on getting a 17 year old just to prove a point, no matter how ugly she looked.

Game is a necessary evil

She looks like a lesbian in the first picture. Then again, imagine what his wife must look like considering how old she'd be and the chances of her being overweight. The grass is always greener...

The hypocrisy inherent in these types of situations perpetrated by older women is a textbook example of the power of "the hamster" to override rational and logical thought in these women.

I'd hit. She's not that pretty in the conventional sense (not ugly either, even though she could use longer hair and less weight) but she looks lush and fertile. Like she would be squealing nicely on a good dick.

"Imagine" by HCE | Hitler reacts to Battle of Montreal | An alternative use for squid that has never crossed your mind before

Looks like there were a lot of other issues at play here. People clearly wanted him out before this happened. Also note how he initially denied it and then changed his stance. That's how politicians get nailed for things that might not have caused a huge scandal if they had just admitted it and given it a positive spin. He's also facing assault charges for an unrelated incident.

He must have powerful enemies who are trying to get him out by any means possible. Between this and his expense claims his support has been completely undermined.

I find the moral crusaders reprehensible but under different circumstances and with better handling he could probably have weathered the storm.

"A flower can not remain in bloom for years, but a garden can be cultivated to bloom throughout seasons and years." - xsplat

The dude didn't resign cuz of the 17 year old girl, but because of the bar brawl he got into. Read the article guys.

Contributor at Return of Kings.  I got banned from twatter, which is run by little bitches and weaklings. You can follow me on Gab.

Be sure to check out the easiest mining program around, FreedomXMR.

I think the UK, and also especially the US, should bring out a constitutional amendment that requires the President/Prime Minister, and maybe congressmen/MP's as well, to take a vow of celibacy. Just like the Pope. It's almost the only way to make all these prissy little moralists happy.

Canada may have lots of things wrong, but at least they had a Prime Minister who said that the state has no place in the bedrooms of the people (paraphrasing).

Quote: (03-05-2012 12:14 PM)Samseau Wrote:  

The dude didn't resign cuz of the 17 year old girl, but because of the bar brawl he got into. Read the article guys.

Correction: he was already facing assault charges and was called on to resign, but only did so after the sex scandal came out. He was hanging on until this became public.

He looks creepy as hell lol. I hate that word, but he looks weird. She looks like she can suck the hell out of a dick though.

Dude was suspended from his party and was being kicked out anyway after he got drunk and attacked someone in the MP's bar, he was always gone but technically they had to wait for his trial to properly get rid of him. Banging the 17 year old is largely irrelevant. nobody really gives a fcuk in the UK about him and this story has very little play here.