rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Carnaval de Barranquilla

Carnaval de Barranquilla

I went to this year's Carnaval in Barranquilla which took place from from February 18th until the 21st, here's the low down on my experience there:

I wasn't too sure if I was going to go or not, so it was a bit of a last minute decision to go there and as usual, I didn't have any concrete plans or logistics set up. I PM'd Hencredible Casanova to ask about the city since he's been there before, after he recommended it to me (thanks again HC) I booked my flight and arrived there two days before and checked into a decent hotel (King George Suites on Calle 94 51B-88) 80K/night.

I was there alone but met up that night with two other RooshV forum members, rasta87 and 20nation, best thing I could have done because us three guys ended up partying together the entire time, hopefully they'll chime in on this data sheet too.

LOGISTICS: Getting to BAQ was no problem, I flew Avianca from Cali and it cost 250K ($140USD), the taxi from the airport (in the far south) to my hotel (far north) was 25K. One thing about taxis in BAQ, they don't use meters like they do in Bogota and from our experience, they WILL try to rip a foreigner off.

Hotels, if you don't prebook, try to get there a couple of days early to find one, they do fill up and prices go way up. I had to leave my hotel in the north after two days because they were full, luckily I found one in the city centre, Hotel Marseille (Calle 44 Carrera 43), it was basic (no WI-Fi but had AC and hot water) and cheap at 30K/night, except for Saturday and Sunday when in cost me $110K. This wasn't an ideal area to stay (shitty part of town, run down and a bit dodgy at night), I looked at another one in the north (a block from Buenavista mall), it seemed nice so I went in to ask the, a single room cost 1.7 million pesos ($950 USD) per night!

The Carnaval: I've never been to a big carnaval party like this where most of the city is shut down for 5 days straight and everyone is partying and in a festive spirit, so I have nothing to compare it to. All I can say is that BAQ was live the whole time, there were plenty of party options.

There were big events and concerts in the stadium on calle 76, including fiesta de Cerveza, Marc Anthony concert, crowning of the Carnaval Queen etc. We didn't end up going in because the lines were so long, the one time we did try to get tickets, it was a gong show, people were all pushing and shoving and the cops were busting pick pockets all over the place, we waited for about a half an hour before deciding to say screw it, we'll party somewhere else. If you want to see a show in the stadium, I'd recommend getting there early, but once you're inside, you can't leave and some of the tickets are for sitting only.

Outside of the big events inside the stadium, there were plenty of other party options. We went to parades 3 days in a row, they were spectacular, the floats were amazing and of course, plenty of hot women in the parades from all over Colombia. Basically we'd post up in a spot along the parade route and drink copious amounts of beer and aguardiente and spray ourselves and random people with the canisters of foam the were selling. We'd do this from around noon til about 4 or 5pm then go back to the hotel to wash up and rest a bit before heading out in the night.

We didn't hit up any of the big night clubs (we almost went into one but the cover was 50K, a bit much), I don't even know if BAQ has any big clubs, but we found this cool area of bars and small food shops on calle 84 in the north. The club we partied at is called "Barcelona Shots", it has tables inside and out and a small dance floor, it was packed the two nights we went there, there's also 4 other bars beside it, one is called "The Hang Over", the other one only sold Aguila beer (the bar was painted all yellow and blue, just like the beer) that place had karaoke and was packed too.

Another awesome venue we hit up was this Club Colombia outdoor beer tent, when we arrived, we were surprised to find that the cover charge was 12K (for a beer tent?) but then we found out that the price included a bucket of 6 beers each! There was a band playing and probably about 300-400 people there, it was right across the street from the stadium.

Then there were lots of random street parties, we ended up meeting up with some local girls (more on them later) who took us around to a bunch of different events, live music and just people hanging out in the streets. I don't remember the exact locations but basically during Carnaval, you can't walk 2 blocks in any direction without bumping into some sort of party, big or small. There's also tonnes of people walking around with coolers selling Aguilas for 2k and lots of street meat being sold too. We also saw a few of the chiva party buses rolling around BAQ too, all packed with crazy partiers, one of them sprayed me in the face with foam while hanging out the window, into the open window of my taxi!

So basically for 4 days straight, that's how it went, sleep til about 9 or 10am, get up and grab some breakfast, hang out for a bit then hit up some carnaval event and drink our faces off all afternoon, chill a bit in the early evening then go out and continue the heavy boozing at various, somewhat random places around the stadium and in the north.

There were quite a few foreign tourists at some of the places we partied at (Club Colombia beer tent) then at others, it seemed like we were the only foreigners there. There were lots of party options and I"m sure if we planned things better, we could have gone to even bigger and better parties, but overall I think our Roosh team did well and we all had a fun time.

We hung out with local girls every night who showed us around, one I pipelined off the internet before I arrived, one I approached at Barcelona Shots (who came out the next night with her cute 19 year old sister) and one who hit on Rasta87 at a clothing store she worked at (I ended up hooking up with her friend who came out to the parade with us).

More about BAQ and the girls:

This is one thing that Rasta87 and I definitely DON"T agree on, I personally think BAQ is an ugly, hot, flat, run-down industrial dump with a couple of decent neighbourhoods, I wouldn't want to live there and I'd only go there for the carnaval. I also think that the Costenas I saw there were the least attractive that I've seen so far in all of my travels in Colombia, not very diverse in their looks (morena colour), not very pretty in the face and the asses have nothing on what I saw in Cali. Sure they are nice and definitely approachable, but I find almost all girls in Colombia to be nice and approachable. Also, with my mediocre Spanish skills (they've actually come along quite a bit in the past two months), I had a very HARD time understanding the local, they speak fast and with a difficult accent, Rasta87, with his impeccable Spanish skills (seriously, people mistake him for native Spanish speaker sometimes) had no problems with the local lingo.

Different strokes for different folks I guess, because Rasta87 LOVES BAQ!!! He's in Bogota now and so am I, we hung out all day yesterday and were walking around Chapinero and hanging out in Candelaria, I'd see a fly Rola girl and say "come on man, look at that chick, you can't say she ain't hot bud" and of course his reply "fuck that mate, she's got that ugly Bogota nose man, I can't stand that, I'll take a dark little Costena over one of those anyday". This guy loves BAQ so much, once he's done his business in Bogota (only reason he's here I think, he doesn't like Bogota, I love it!), I'm pretty sure he's going back to BAQ!

Anyway, thats about it guys, Carnaval 2012 was a blast, met some cool guys from the forum (that's 4 guys now so far, all awesome) and did some serious partying. I'm not too sure how well it stacks up against others like Rio, or if I'd travel from far away just to go to it, but for sure if you're close to BAQ next year during Carnaval time, come check it out!

QUIEN LO VIVE ES QUIEN LO GOZA!!!!

Carnaval de Barranquilla

"He who lives it, enjoys it!"

Great data sheet player! Glad you enjoyed Carnival!

Have you been to Medellin yet?

Carnaval de Barranquilla

haha good to know you had a good time.

Thanks for throwing a datasheet of this event.

Carnaval de Barranquilla

Thanks for the report
+1

Carnival is def on my to-do list

Re: taxi's, you need to speak to someone local to get the set rates, similar to Cartagena

I think most of centro to centro is 6000 flat from what I remember (which covered Prado area to the north by Buena Vista for me)

When drivers tried to jerk me, I'd say "no soy Gringo, habla Creole?" and I'd front like I was from Santa Marta or somewhere else, and still a Colombiano

Seemed to help throw them off and helped maintain local rates, with a scenario that would explain my bad Spanish

Carnaval de Barranquilla

How many unique bangs did you get Scotian? I always wanted to know if carnival in BAQ would be worth the trip because your numbers would easily double. Is this a myth or plausible?

Remember, only count UNIQUE/DISTINCT bangs, not repeat bangs.

Mixx

Carnaval de Barranquilla

Quote: (03-02-2012 02:47 PM)MiXX Wrote:  

How many unique bangs did you get Scotian? I always wanted to know if carnival in BAQ would be worth the trip because your numbers would easily double. Is this a myth or plausible?

Mixx

Well, I'm sure that a guy like you Mixx would do well at the carnaval (you seem to do well wherever you go), but I didn't do all that great, just one bang and it didn't even happen during carnaval! I hooked up with a chick I met through one of Rasta87's girls, I even had her IN MY BED back at the hotel, but she wasn't putting out, I wasn't gonna beg for that pussy so I sent her on her way, didn't contact her again.

I don't know if its a Costena thing, due to carnaval or what but I've had much better luck with the ladies in both Bogota and especially Cali. Added to the fact that I don't find Costenas all that attractive, I wasn't gaming too hard. I even "passed the pussy forward" with this one girl whose number I got, she was cute but too skinny for me and had braces. Rasta87 was really into her, but damn she played some fucked up games with him too. One evening he took a taxi all the way to her hood in the south, had supper with the family and met the whole neighbourhood (if that's not a green light for getting laid, I don't know what is) but she still didn't put out!

After carnaval I spent 3 days in Santa Marta then another 2 in BAQ (to get my flight back to Bogota) and when I got there, one of the chicks we partied with called me to hang out, we went to movie and afterwards she came over and we shagged, we did again the next night too. She was also one of the worst lays I've had in recent memory, no BJ and wouldn't let me do doggy, damn! Again, she wasn't my type at all, skinny with braces.

So, bottom line from my experiences (Gringo, limited Spanish, still new to Colombian culture and dealing with the women), Carnaval was a really good party, I had a great time, but as far as the women go, not my type looks wise and they played too many head games, I'll take a Rola or Calena over them any day!

Carnaval de Barranquilla

Quote: (03-02-2012 04:15 PM)scotian Wrote:  

Quote: (03-02-2012 02:47 PM)MiXX Wrote:  

Mixx

Well, I'm sure that a guy like you Mixx would do well at the carnaval (you seem to do well wherever you go), but I didn't do all that great, just one bang and it didn't even happen during carnaval! I hooked up with a chick I met through one of Rasta87's girls, I even had her IN MY BED back at the hotel, but she wasn't putting out, I wasn't gonna beg for that pussy so I sent her on her way, didn't contact her again.

I don't know if its a Costena thing, due to carnaval or what but I've had much better luck with the ladies in both Bogota and especially Cali. Added to the fact that I don't find Costenas all that attractive, I wasn't gaming too hard. I even "passed the pussy forward" with this one girl whose number I got, she was cute but too skinny for me and had braces. Rasta87 was really into her, but damn she played some fucked up games with him too. One evening he took a taxi all the way to her hood in the south, had supper with the family and met the whole neighbourhood (if that's not a green light for getting laid, I don't know what is) but she still didn't put out!

After carnaval I spent 3 days in Santa Marta then another 2 in BAQ (to get my flight back to Bogota) and when I got there, one of the chicks we partied with called me to hang out, we went to movie and afterwards she came over and we shagged, we did again the next night too. She was also one of the worst lays I've had in recent memory, no BJ and wouldn't let me do doggy, damn! Again, she wasn't my type at all, skinny with braces.

So, bottom line from my experiences (Gringo, limited Spanish, still new to Colombian culture and dealing with the women), Carnaval was a really good party, I had a great time, but as far as the women go, not my type looks wise and they played too many head games, I'll take a Rola or Calena over them any day!

Yeah. I basically told Scotian that since he's in Colombia while Bquilla is having its carnival, he should go for the good time.

Outside of that, I told him it was an industrial working city that doesn't really attract tourists. I also told him his Spanish needs to be pretty decent since most locals only speak Spanish and don't come across foreigners too much.

With respect to carnivals, I don't necessarily think it's easier to get laid during those type of events. I can definitely say that with respect to Brazil. I got a few "makeouts" in Salvador during carnival, but no bangs with locals (just gringas). I was pretty disappointed. I also didn't find the women in Bahia attractive really, generally speaking, which is similar to what Scotian is saying about Costenas in Colombia.

I know some guys here swear by women in the north of Brazil, but I prefer central and southern Brazilian women (with a few exceptions). Brazilians of all looks live all over, so you can't say you won't find a good looking girl in the north, but I'm speaking in general about the average girl.

During Carnaval, I did find a Mineira and Paulista on two different ocassions and put the full court press on them. I was very aggressive, but it still didn't end up in me getting the bang.

I think Carnaval is a big tease in Brazil and possibly in many places you go. I haven't been to them all so I can't say for sure.

I'd say go visit places during normal times if you want to get laid. Go to Carnaval for the experience (drinking and partying in the streets).

Carnaval de Barranquilla

I even "passed the pussy forward" with this one girl whose number I got, she was cute but too skinny for me and had braces. Rasta87 was really into her, but damn she played some fucked up games with him too. One evening he took a taxi all the way to her hood in the south, had supper with the family and met the whole neighbourhood (if that's not a green light for getting laid, I don't know what is) but she still didn't put out!

......and you need to wonder why she did not put out?

It's obvious Rasta87 (who must be a lurker 'cuz I've never heard of him on this forum), is putting the pussy on the pedestal. I would never put that much effort in Colombia to bang a girl - NEVER!! That's way beneath me and wreaks of desperation, and it sounds like the girls smelled it on him.

Quote:scotian Wrote:

You feel like 70% of men in Colombia feel. BAQ was never known for beautiful women, just easy, DTF average looking girls with only a handful above a 7 in looks.

Out of the 10+ years I have traveled to Colombia, I've only been to BAQ 2x! - that should tell you something.

Mixx

Carnaval de Barranquilla

Quote: (03-02-2012 04:51 PM)MiXX Wrote:  

I even "passed the pussy forward" with this one girl whose number I got, she was cute but too skinny for me and had braces. Rasta87 was really into her, but damn she played some fucked up games with him too. One evening he took a taxi all the way to her hood in the south, had supper with the family and met the whole neighbourhood (if that's not a green light for getting laid, I don't know what is) but she still didn't put out!

It's obvious Rasta87 (who must be a lurker 'cuz I've never heard of him on this forum), is putting the pussy on the pedestal. I would never put that much effort in Colombia to bang a girl - NEVER!! That's way beneath me and wreaks of desperation, and it sounds like the girls smelled it on him.

You feel like 70% of men in Colombia feel. BAQ was never known for beautiful women, just easy, DTF average looking girls with only a handful above a 7 in looks.

Out of the 10+ years I have traveled to Colombia, I've only been to BAQ 2x! - that should tell you something.

Mixx

Mixx, Rasta87 recently dropped a solid data sheet on Cartagena you can find here (you even commented on it LOL):

http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-10363....=cartagena

He's been in Colombia for over a year now, hopefully he'll drop some more knowledge about his travels and where he's been because he definitely has a lot to add, I'm glad I met up with him because he served as my personal telephone translator while in BAQ (thats still one thing I'm struggling with in spanish, talking on the phone) and I'm looking forward to chilling with him some more here in Bogota.

Although we didn't score with lots of chicks in BAQ (our 3 man Roosh team all got one each) and we all got fucked around by at least one girl each, it was still a blast.

I've almost had the OPPOSITE experience of what a lot of people on here say, that the Rolas, Calenas and Paisas (I haven't been to Medellin, yet) are the hardest to pull and aren't all that impressed by a gringo and that the Costenas are the easiest and most DTF. I've done way better in Bogota and Cali than I did on the coast, not too sure why?

Carnaval de Barranquilla

Quote: (03-02-2012 05:33 PM)scotian Wrote:  

Quote: (03-02-2012 04:51 PM)MiXX Wrote:  

Mixx

Mixx, Rasta87 recently dropped a solid data sheet on Cartagena you can find here (you even commented on it LOL):

http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-10363....=cartagena

He's been in Colombia for over a year now, hopefully he'll drop some more knowledge about his travels and where he's been because he definitely has a lot to add, I'm glad I met up with him because he served as my personal telephone translator while in BAQ (thats still one thing I'm struggling with in spanish, talking on the phone) and I'm looking forward to chilling with him some more here in Bogota.

Although we didn't score with lots of chicks in BAQ (our 3 man Roosh team all got one each) and we all got fucked around by at least one girl each, it was still a blast.

I've almost had the OPPOSITE experience of what a lot of people on here say, that the Rolas, Calenas and Paisas (I haven't been to Medellin, yet) are the hardest to pull and aren't all that impressed by a gringo and that the Costenas are the easiest and most DTF. I've done way better in Bogota and Cali than I did on the coast, not too sure why?

I'm going to agree with Rasta on this one. The girls in Quilla are beautiful. It's a big city so if you're in certain parts your only going to see older people. But if you hang out close to Universities you're going to see a lot of beautiful women. Girls in quilla are a bit darker, but I didn't come to colombia to bang chicks that look the same as the ones in the states. I think a big difference between the girls in barranquilla and the girls in medellin and cali is that in quilla it's really rare to find a girl who isn't 100% natural. I know a lot of guys are into fake boobs, fake asses, fake noses and stuff. But for me thats a turn off.

I've been here in barranquilla for a month but I had been staying with a family. Impossible to bring girls back, yeah bad idea. But my first bang was during carnaval. I didn't even have a place to bring her back to. It was my 3rd date with this chick. I was actually with Rasta and Scotion. But the date before I had pushed for sex and mentioned a hotel and she basically said no way. But during carnaval while we were partying she whispered she wanted to get a motel. I replied "But i thought you're not that kind of girl." Then she basically said " What the hell it's carnaval." One hour in a love motel later and I got my Colombian flag. So I do think girls are a little bit crazier during carnaval. Also during carnaval its really common to get opened by girls, Rasta and I had a few experiences like that. The local girls really just let loose during carnaval. They do shit they wouldn't usually do. People don't sleep much and blow a lot of money. I fuckin loved it.

Since then I've been doing a lot better with bangs, probably because I got my own apartment. No man should ever stay with a family while in Colombia no matter how cheap it is.

I know guys have heard that girls here are easy. And its partly true. The girls I've been with here are horny as hell. All you have to do is get to a point in physical escalation(making out and dry humping with good logistics)and all you have to do is sit back and watch her do the work. Kino is cake here, women are so touchy. Barranquilla is even known for having its own type of dancing, everything is done basically body to body, hugging style.

As far as I go I'm 23, 6'1, decent looking, with a dark complexion. People mistake me for a Paisa until I open my mouth.
I've heard that some girls in Colombia dont like being seen with gringos in public because people will think they are prepagos, but I think it's the opposite here. I don't think prostitution is very big here, compared to the 2 big cities on each side (santa marta and cartagena). So girls like being seen with a gringo. Especially after carnaval because its so rare find a gringo here.

So for me I wouldn't want to be anywhere else on the planet right now. I'm really lovin it here.

Carnaval de Barranquilla

20nation has found his fishbowl. It may not be for all of us, but find YOUR fishbowl is what it's all about!

Enjoy BAQ 20nation. I'd rather be there than dealing with stuck up bitches on SoBe!!

Mixx

Carnaval de Barranquilla

agree with lots on this thread. been to baranquia twice also. but never for carnivale. find it ugly and boring but i really need to go during carnivale time. i just think if iw as going to trael to another country for a party/carnivale there are far better options..brazil etc. the women arent that beautiful but they are much more down to earth and easier than girls in medellin.

Carnaval de Barranquilla

Quote: (03-02-2012 11:06 PM)garygroundwork Wrote:  

agree with lots on this thread. been to baranquia twice also.

Bust out a Data Sheet.

Carnaval de Barranquilla

Quote: (03-02-2012 11:24 PM)thegmanifesto Wrote:  

Quote: (03-02-2012 11:06 PM)garygroundwork Wrote:  

agree with lots on this thread. been to baranquia twice also.

Bust out a Data Sheet.

it's all been said on other posts.

frog legs is a good club. lots of nice girls. u need to be able to dance.

there is another good club called 7.

best way of getting chicks is centro commercials during the day and internet game.

the main beaches are shit.

however there is one small one that not many people know about..it's called kilamenjaro (sp). has a real cool vibe. good dance music blaring out. dudes selling cold beers and fruit. good place to take a girl. just ask a taxi driver to take u. its about 15 minutes out.

like i said baranquia is good for a week but hell even that gets too long. However carnivale would be the time to go, possibly the only time i would return. There are far better options IMO.

Carnaval de Barranquilla

Quote: (03-02-2012 02:22 PM)scotian Wrote:  

More about BAQ and the girls:
I also think that the Costenas I saw there were the least attractive that I've seen so far in all of my travels in Colombia, not very diverse in their looks (morena colour), not very pretty in the face and the asses have nothing on what I saw in Cali. Sure they are nice and definitely approachable, but I find almost all girls in Colombia to be nice and approachable.

Hi Scotian,

I'm just curious here. When you say Morena colour what do you mean? The reason I ask is because a cuban definition of that word is vastly different to Ticos definition. Hispanics had 300 different colour classifications ( morena clara, morena oscara, etc) Also I am looking for a particular look. Could you provide some visual representation? Are we talking Salma Hayek looks or more Halle Berry looks?

Thanks

Carnaval de Barranquilla

Quote: (03-03-2012 12:41 PM)EddieGordo55 Wrote:  

Could you provide some visual representation? Are we talking Salma Hayek looks or more Halle Berry looks?

Ha! if those 2 were my options, i'd be on the next plane to BAQ TODAY!!!! [Image: lol.gif]

More like this:

Carnaval de Barranquilla

thanks mixx. I'm looking for something like Sofia Vergara. Ironically she comes from BAQ. She must have been the minority.

Carnaval de Barranquilla

Quote: (03-03-2012 01:02 PM)EddieGordo55 Wrote:  

thanks mixx. I'm looking for something like Sofia Vergara. Ironically she comes from BAQ. She must have been the minority.

Shakira is also from BAQ, but trust me, you won't see many Shakiras walking around BAQ. The few that exist, are locked-down with high-end local Colombian novios that cater to their every whim.

For Sofia Vergara types, go to Cali - however, it won't be that easy. These girls are always in high demand by local narcos or local big fish men. If your Spanish is limited, and you only have a couple of weeks to visit, save your breath and money, 'cuz chances are you'll be fucking girls I posted above only.

Mixx

Carnaval de Barranquilla

Quote: (03-03-2012 01:38 PM)MiXX Wrote:  

Shakira is also from BAQ, but trust me, you won't see many Shakiras walking around BAQ. The few that exist, are locked-down with high-end local Colombian novios that cater to their every whim.

For Sofia Vergara types, go to Cali - however, it won't be that easy. These girls are always in high demand by local narcos or local big fish men. If your Spanish is limited, and you only have a couple of weeks to visit, save your breath and money, 'cuz chances are you'll be fucking girls I posted above only.

Mixx
Nah I got tight spanish since I used to live in Barca for 3 years but I hear it's tough finding a place to live in "Lo Combia". Also I'm a crappy dancer but I guess I could learn. I could probably stay in Colombia 4 or 5 months at a time. Whats driving like over there? IN PR they use the horn as if to communicate Morse code with other drivers....

MiXX isn't it fun to seduce the locked down ones anyway? I mean they expect way way less. MY only problem could be my age. I'm over 50 [Image: sad.gif]

I always get a kick out of stealing young girls from their young boyfriends. The fact that I am having steamy sex with a hot girl and the boyfriend is somewhere, having no idea what his girl is up to. I just find it naughty.

Carnaval de Barranquilla

Quote: (03-03-2012 01:57 PM)EddieGordo55 Wrote:  

Quote: (03-03-2012 01:38 PM)MiXX Wrote:  

Mixx
Nah I got tight spanish since I used to live in Barca for 3 years but I hear it's tough finding a place to live in "Lo Combia". Also I'm a crappy dancer but I guess I could learn. I could probably stay in Colombia 4 or 5 months at a time. Whats driving like over there? IN PR they use the horn as if to communicate Morse code with other drivers....

MiXX isn't it fun to seduce the locked down ones anyway? I mean they expect way way less. MY only problem could be my age. I'm over 50 [Image: sad.gif]

I always get a kick out of stealing young girls from their young boyfriends. The fact that I am having steamy sex with a hot girl and the boyfriend is somewhere, having no idea what his girl is up to. I just find it naughty.

EddieGordo55, stealing gf's from young Colombianos may not be the best idea, unless of course you have a death wish! Some may consider Colombian guys to be "beta" but I don't fuck with them man, its just not worth it IMHO.

I'm not too sure how to classify the Morena look of the Costena girls I saw in BAQ, I haven't traveled in Latin America outside of Colombia and didn't grow up around Latin people, so its not something I'm overly familiar with. I didn't have a problem with the skin colour, its actually quite attractive, I just didn't find the faces to be very attractive. One thing I did notice was that a lot of the girls did have bigger natural tits up there.

20nation, glad to hear you're moved into the new place and doing well with the BAQ girls, keep us posted. I may have been a little harsh with my description of BAQ, there certainly are some nice neaighbourhoods up north around the mall and the unis, I still regret not checking out the talent with you on you campus!

Carnaval de Barranquilla

Good thread. Carnaval is later next year so maybe worth checking out: http://www.carnavaldebarranquilla.org/

Carnaval de Barranquilla

Quote: (09-16-2013 04:05 AM)JayMillz Wrote:  

Good thread. Carnaval is later next year so maybe worth checking out: http://www.carnavaldebarranquilla.org/

I'm considering it, up until a couple of days ago I was on the fence about where to spend my next annual 3-4 month winter trip, either SE Asia or Colombia again. After being in Mexico for the past ten days, I confirmed that I'm way more into Latinas and have never been so motivated to improve my Spanish and dancing skills.

Carnaval de Barranquilla

Quote: (09-16-2013 01:32 PM)scotian Wrote:  

After being in Mexico for the past ten days, I confirmed that I'm way more into Latinas.

What part of Mexico were you in and how did you like it?

Yeah, Barranquilla has been on my list ever since I heard Joe (RIP) sing this song.

Carnaval de Barranquilla

Quote: (09-16-2013 02:08 PM)JayMillz Wrote:  

Quote: (09-16-2013 01:32 PM)scotian Wrote:  

After being in Mexico for the past ten days, I confirmed that I'm way more into Latinas.

What part of Mexico were you in and how did you like it?

Yeah, Barranquilla has been on my list ever since I heard Joe (RIP) sing this song.

I'm in Guadalajara right now for a few more days and I really like it, much more so than Barranquilla, although I think I may like Bogota and Medelling better. I'd say GDL and MDE are quite comparable and I think I'll do up a comparison data sheet between the two after I leave Mexico.

Barranquilla can be a pussy gold mine as 20nation found out after living there for three months last year, he has a great data sheet about his experiences there. I found it to be a bit boring (outside of Carnaval, of course) the night life isn't great and its kind of a dirty, industrial town, it is however, very close to some nice spots like parque Tayrona.