rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

DATA SHEET: Updated San Francisco - After Hours and more...

I can't believe there is an online forum that's international, haven't posted anything in my life so to say I am excited is an understatement. But need to earn some rep points first before I ask questions. Here goes:

Cutting to the chase here is the order of the post:
1. How to break into after hours scene
2. Best one night stand spot
3. Swag/style advice
4. Day Game

After hours:

Someone asked how u get into this scene, well here u go..

1. Easiest way: in a word drugs, specifically xtac. Not saying u have to drop but that's your quickest entrance is to buy a few pills. The cops are paid off for the real shiz out here so people sell xtac out of backpacks in the best spots. If you think the old "insomnia" was the best AH spot you are tripping, anything on "yelp" will get shut down in 2 seconds. So for easy entrance into the scene try to buy a pill or 2 at "the end up". Open past 2am and they make a killing serving bottled water.. Go here 3-5 times and u can ask about "other AH spots". Try to buy from someone in the 30ish age range.

2. Second option is befriending bartenders in the soma/union square area. This is more vague because it's hard to tell whose in the scene. But a good filter is a bar/lounge with $5 cover on a friday/Saturday. Also a g-star raw jacket tends to be a giveaway. Finally if u have mad convincing game, there are 2 Asian restaurants where the cooks are in the scene on broadway. Not throwing them under the bus with names but it's flat out on broadway not a side street.

3. The hardest way... Find a girl in the scene (raves), she's most likely going to be at raver events or at dj events such as Benni bennassi.

Warning: these parties are hit or miss. I have met NBA players and also run into full on crack heads. Definitely a sick experience, recommended for 20 yrolds to try out.

One Night Stand

How has no one said DNA Lounge? Seriously.

Routine: open set before band goes on stage or whatever shitty performance. After 5 mins I use "have u been here before" as a filter, "yes?" = can close out. "No" good luck only waste ur time if she live in SF.

Assuming failed pick up, when band goes on stage go up stairs immediately. Do not open during the concert 30 min performance thing. When up stairs walk to bar on opposite end of performance glance down and the single girls will be frustrated. Now u have 5ish women for sure u can approach. Talk up someone or chill and go bal for round 2. Here it is regular game.

If u didn't fail, go upstairs with said girl, sit on a couch before people crowd up the place, run a few threads and you're gravy.

Talent here is hit or miss, only go saturday.

Marina: Triangle bars, enough said eastside west, matrix, and cougar bar across the street. Much more looks base here, if you're very good looking grab an apartment right there and get a rotation going, won't even need to go to other areas in town. Unless u are against white girls.

North beach: Best bet is oreiley's and Maggie mc Garry's. Need to have good SF vibe. Dress even more down than the mentioned DNA lounge, makes no sense because DNA is more hipster ish. Anyway absolute must to go to oreileys on st pattys day, I believe a homeless man could make out at minimum on that day (only 2 weeks!)

Style:
Cutting to chase:
Marina = dress well, more gq status no polo shirt crap unless u are mega yoked and good looking
DNA/Mission: Semi clean cut, jeans maybe a couple tears in them, long sleeve clean dress shirt. NO JACKETS that will make u another uninteresting hipster, no suits either. Suits only work on NYE type events.
North beach: polo shirt look, serious bar scene here similar to Polk street. Honestly my bar game needs improvement so I may be wrong but got best results with casual look

Day game:
Union square: I don't smoke, but for day game I suddenly do! Find girls alone ask for a light, game on.
Delores Park: I use regular day game here, fake tourist lines, where is the "golden gate" (still can't believe that shit worked I have lived here for 6+ years!).
Dance classes: I call this day game, because if u take lessons you have to game sober that's what I consider day game, no alcohol. Usual line here is "I'm taking xyz class to go to X country" thread into travel talk.

Anyway, fuck me if there are typos doing this from my phone but hope this helps as a first post. Good luck!

Quote:Quote:

But need to earn some rep points first before I ask questions.

Not at all... ask anyway. We're not snobs, just sometimes insular.

Nice breakdown.

Thanks dude, I'll be throwing up some other data sheets when I can get in front of a computer that won't get my ass fired.

You'd wreck shop at DNA based on your look/type since u said u killed it at rock venues in Rio, I'm only intermediate and had a 5 week heater at that place with one nighters (definitely no "10's" in there but there are a slew of 7-8 on good nights and at least a set of 7's on a bad one)

If anyone has any questions on SF, NYC, Mexico I've got decent intel.

Nice post.

Also, go to this page:

https://www.facebook.com/StompyMusic

Like it.

They have huge day parties, about every quarter.

Be cool and you'll get into the private house party scene.

To keep all the info in one place here's a strong weekly routine:

Sunday - Rough day in all cities but in the summer go to "mission rock" every second Sunday. Huge party on the pier, slightly older crowd though so look at least 25+. Party runs all day, seen some great talent here "marina quality" without the bitch shield of thinking she's a 10.

Monday - I would steer clear of clubs an bars. If you must do Temple on certain occasions or go straight to north beach. Bar game must be tight. Instead I would do "dancesf" salsa at the rockit room. Here is 100% the best place to practice game sober. Get your hands off the side of your hips, you're not intimidating anyone by being hard in a salsa club, no hands in pockets, and for god sales stop rubbing your hands together it's San Francisco I know you are not sweaty. This place is always a good spot to pick up, quasi club/bar game.

Tuesday - Taco Tuesday in the Marina at blue light. Bring your A game because the best talent in SF is during the day/weeknights. The one upside is rolling solo on weekdays you won't be asked "so you here alone?" because no one cares that's much more common on weekends.

Wednesday - Starlight room Union square. I have no idea why but there tends to be a Indian girl congregation here, adds the type you want. (why is it that Indian girls are extremely pretty or straight butter faces?). Anyway, this is another dress on the sharper side place.

Thursday - THE BEST NIGHT IN SF.

My date routine - date one "California academy of sciences - night life". Basically a huge museum and aquarium with everything from an albino aligators to jellyfish to a small club like dance area. A man with nothing interesting to say and a FUBU sweater could get a smooth first date in here. The second best part is you can get a 100% no flake by telling the girl meet me at 6 "I'll grab the tix online". If you're unwilling to shell out $12 for a guaranteed good date I have no idea what to say at all. Anyway after it starts shutting down..

3 spots - bounce to vessel, infusion lounge, or matrix. As stated before matrix marina is best excluding Friday and Saturday because you get the commuter crowd. As one of my wing's says "it's like dudes from Mc Donald's throwing on a unfitted collared shirt and trying to game". So vessel is more Russian vibe, Infusion more mixed, Marina is the same as always but only SF people.

The alternative to those 3 is to go out in the haight area/anywhere near USF/SFSU an pull. College night is a monster. When you see girls drinking with a cast on from their recent napa ski trip you sure as hell know you're in the right spot. Still unable to write up a post on a real computer because I wouldnt give up Thursday's for a 10% raise!

Friday/Saturday - billions of places but I think it's best to help everyone by age group here

Broadway (young) - there are a ton of clubs here apt 24, impala etc. more "hood" crowd but tr best place for a young person to get into the game because you'll see girls get very trashed and you can work on your style and see how many girls stumble up to you with the "hey you're kinda cute" line. Suite 181 is similar in SOMA.

Polk Street - mid twenties, bar game. The wreck room was good for about 1 month, then that shiz got all over the Internet and the scene was 12x worse than Washington DC. I walks in there once with a 25:1 ratio and realized the place was fucked forever. Only reason I am putting it here
Is because it's at the end of Polk and you may as well see if it's okay because the floor plan is great for gaming (pool, touchy arcade games etc). Best bet for quality is to go to a place called Bullit and see where the more attractive crowd trickles into, there are a slew of bars here Shanghai Kelly's (not Asian), cozy car etc.

Asian girls (low to mid 20's)- ROE and Temple. I went through this phase for about 6 months but I got tired of their incredibly uninteresting personalities (maybe bad luck who knows). Club game is best at ROE upstairs, floor plans at both these places are tough to sit.

Mission Hipster (20-35 range)- so many places but the best quality for everyone is likely at blondies, skylark and medjools. When I say quality I mean floor plan to hot girl ratios. Medjools is enormous so more attractive women from pure numbers but so large it's tough to isolate in any good area. Skylark is the reverse you just stand at the corner of the bar next to the dj/tv/dance floor it's like the vortex of foot traffic (I don't think I have even used a intro line here because someone always runs into you)

"I pretend I live in SF Clubs" - If you hear someone say they know the best clubs in SF and the words "ruby Skye" and "slide" please ignore every word after this. The only time anyone goes to this is when there are huge events (jersey shore, Benny bennassi, Steve aoki). My god if they are getting "bottle service" here I literally have to hold in my laughter similar to when a girl asks you "so how far do you live from here?" towards the end of a date.

Final takeaway on this, unlike marquee and other sick spots in NYC bottle service in SF is effectively cockblocking yourself. Sounds contradictory to a place like NYC/Vegas/Miami but bottle service to me means "I don't close out more than 1 girl a year". Finally, Friday/Saturday it's 100x better to have a wingman. You'll get interviewed hard because if money is bad (bottle service) we are more "who are you" status (hence the obsession with four square, twitter, social networking, etc). Funny enough it's easier to game at a club solo versus a bar on Fri/Sat.

Good luck out there

Thanks WestCoast for posting this - some true gems!

I have been to SF for 2 weeks and want to provide an update on the locations for anyone coming to the city these days.

Salsa Monday is a golden pickup opportunity. I had my doubts but about 150 people showed up for salsa lessons. Girls were 50% Asian and 50% white. You get the chance to dance with pretty much every one for a minute or 2 and can get a 'feel' before you approach immediately afterwards. You won't be going home disappointed!

I have been 2 Matrix several times (Friday/ Sunday/ Wednesday) around 10.30 PM and no crowd to speak of ever. Must have been less than a dozen people inside. Crowd must have moved on [Image: sad.gif]

Infusion Lounge was very happening but hard to make approaches on a Wednesday - Starlight Room was pretty empty though. I was hoping for some Indian inspired encounters.

Vessel and Rubye Skye were crowded on a Friday. Tons of PUA types at Vessel though and few girls without bf. Rubye Skye gets really crowded and allows for better approaches simply because there are tons of people there but bad ratio as well.

Dolores Park is a perfect daygame opportunity with good weather. Got a ton of numbers and dates from there. Local girls are snobbish though so bring tight game. Not a lot of good-looking white girls - if you are interested in more mixed races it's a good place though.

DNA lounge was empty and just had a couple of dirty looking guys on a Sunday. Could not validate your experience.

Mr.Smith's was a good spot on a Saturday night. Crowded, good vibe, lots of pretty girls. However dancing game only (which isn't my strength).

In all I enjoyed my time in SF - it's not an easy city to game but a beautiful city with a very 'diverse' group of girls. Challenging and inetresting.

DNA is only for Saturdays (young crowd) rest of the time it's weirdos, hippies and ugly people.