rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Are you better off improving yourself/status rather than game?

I was just thinking about this a lot, but wouldn't it be better for a beta who sucks with women to work on himself by improving body language, voice, reading, find interesting hobbies, work out, new clothes, new style, while only reading a few basic game books like Bang or Mystery Method and reading a blog like Roissy's, rather than focus on being the stereotypical dancing monkey PUA who reads a lot of PUA books and listens to the CD's.

I can't help but think that reading Roissy and Roosh to get down the basics and eliminating your anti-game tendencies, then improving yourself and approaching 100 girls is a better route. Either that or improve your status. I think status is more important than looks, wealth, or game. Why is it that a DJ gets much better pussy with 1/10x effort that someone like Mystery does? Why is a drug dealer getting higher quality pussy than some rich dudes? It's all about status, but unfortunately high status is hard to come by.

I would like to hear what you guys did to get good at game?

Quote: (02-29-2012 01:26 PM)Skyhigh Wrote:  

I was just thinking about this a lot, but wouldn't it be better for a beta who sucks with women to work on himself by improving body language, voice, reading, find interesting hobbies, work out, new clothes, new style, while only reading a few basic game books like Bang or Mystery Method and reading a blog like Roissy's, rather than focus on being the stereotypical dancing monkey PUA who reads a lot of PUA books and listens to the CD's.

I can't help but think that reading Roissy and Roosh to get down the basics and eliminating your anti-game tendencies, then improving yourself and approaching 100 girls is a better route. Either that or improve your status. I think status is more important than looks, wealth, or game. Why is it that a DJ gets much better pussy with 1/10x effort that someone like Mystery does? Why is a drug dealer getting higher quality pussy than some rich dudes? It's all about status, but unfortunately high status is hard to come by.

I would like to hear what you guys did to get good at game?

See this is the problem these days the word "Game" has been corrupted by the pua crowd and the internet.

I have talked about his on here before.

game (with a little "g") is what the pua's call game.

When I was coming up Game (with a big "G") is the things you mentioned.

Making money, boxing, being in good shape, surfing, flipping E-tabs, controlling the spot, making moves is all Game.

Hell, you can be a rock climber G dressed in a parka with no dough and have Game.

So yes, work on your "Game".

Game in my book is anything that makes you a better person.

Why can't we start thinking that Game encompasses all that you mentioned. body language, voice, reading, find interesting hobbies, work out, new clothes, new style. Everything there will better you as an individual and give you confidence when dealing with the opposite sex.

Game to me is constantly improving yourself. Projecting your best self to others and getting results.

Why can't you work on both at the same time???

They are both inter-connected.

Work on yourself, your status, and your Game everyday. That's what I do and it all fits together nicely.

Quote: (02-29-2012 01:46 PM)Giovonny Wrote:  

Why can't you work on both at the same time???

They are both inter-connected.

Work on yourself, your status, and your Game everyday. That's what I do and it all fits together nicely.

This. But don't work on that "PUA" bullshit, unless you want to looking like a fuckin clown.

I've come to the same conclusion recently, largely as a result of my observations going out in NYC over the past several months. My experience is that game alone will get you 6s and 7s, but consistently swooping 8s and 9s takes more than just game (with a little "g"). What does it take? Roissy has an interesting list of the traits that women find attractive in men, in descending order of importance:
  1. Psychosocial dominance (game).
  2. High status/fame.
  3. Personality (passion/charisma/humor).
  4. Wealth.
  5. Good looks/height/muscularity.
  6. Cleverness/smarts.
  7. Dependability/reliability.
  8. Sexual prowess.
You can argue with some aspects of the list (for sure, there are girls who rank good looks over wealth), but the number one trait has to be high status, or what's more generally known as preselection (basically, hanging with other high status people). Being high status and preselected will get you farther than anything else on this list.

-----

Are high-quality girls only fucking DJs and guys with private jets? Of course not, but you do need some combination of the above traits to get with them. For instance, there's a guy who writes on this forum and elsewhere (we've never met or even talked, but his writings are a big inspiration for me). Let's use his example and see how he ranks in some of the top traits:
  1. Psychosocial dominance (game). High. He knows how to deal with women.
  2. Preselection. High. He regularly rolls into the highest-end venues with multiple tall attractive model-type women.
  3. Personality (passion/charisma/humor). High. He's clearly passionate about living life.
  4. Wealth. Low. He writes about being broke.
  5. Good looks/height/muscularity. High. I think he's written about having nearly model good looks.
  6. Cleverness/smarts. High. He's a prolific writer and demonstrably very intelligent.
I have no idea what this guy does for a living, but he hits enough of these traits to be screening the women he brings into his life.

-----

So, if you just want to bang 6s and 7s regularly, and maybe the occasional 8, game alone is enough. But you'll start wanting to go beyond that, and that's when I think you're better off improving your other traits.

Why do we care about betas who suck with women?

Are we selling something?
Are we in some sort of business?

WIA