rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Bolivia

Bolivia

Hey I am going to Bolivia for the first time tonight.

I will be arriving in La Paz but will be travelling around the country (no planned route yet).

Recommendations please. Bars? Nightlife? Places to chill? Find cute girls? Interesting stuff to see during the day? Places to eat?

Thanks.

Bolivia

Supposedly there are cute girls in Santa Cruz, where there is more of a Brazilian influence.

I highly recommend the Potosi mind tour, and of course the Salt Flats. I recommend you cook your meals... lots of people get sick in Bolivia.

Bolivia

Quote: (09-22-2009 02:38 PM)Roosh Wrote:  

I recommend you cook your meals... lots of people get sick in Bolivia.

True that, eating in Bolivia is like playing Russian roulette with your stomach.

Bolivia

The new big thing in Bolivia is the coke bars. I wouldn't recommend it, I detest the shit, but everyone is talking about them.

Bolivia

Just got into La Paz last night.

Within 5 mins of checking into my hostel, I was at the bar, with a beer and involved in a game of texas hold'em lol

Anybody ever seen anyone do a tequila suicide before? Like a normal tequila shot except that you snort the line of salt, drink the shot and then have the lime juice squeezed into your eye while somebody holds it open.

Warning : May cause dizziness, nose bleeds, blindness and / or premature retardation.

They were doing them at the bar last night. I declined my shot.

Bolivia

Quote: (09-23-2009 12:37 AM)College Game Wrote:  

The new big thing in Bolivia is the coke bars. I wouldn't recommend it, I detest the shit, but everyone is talking about them.

In Colombia they're called bars.

Bolivia

hahaha tequila suicides. that's a new one. i would bet a prerequisite for enjoying that would be doing plenty of blow first.

Bolivia

Quote: (09-23-2009 12:37 AM)College Game Wrote:  

I can attest to that. If you end up going out with backpackers from a hostel there is a 90% chance they will stop at one of them before the club. In La Paz, we hopped into one of the taxis waiting outside the hostel and the driver automatically took us to one without us even asking. I don't use that stuff so it was a waste for me but it is definitely becoming a big trend in La Paz.

Bolivia

They used to do tours of the famous San Pedro prison here in La Paz. The prison without any guards inside and where prisoners have to rent their cells.

They stopped the tours apparently because tourists used to go there to buy the best quality coke. 90% of the people in prison are there for drug related offences or awaiting trail on drug related offences.

Bolivia

The tours are still possible. I managed to do one when I was there in July. I have the phone # of a Dutch prisoner that I can give you if you wanted to set up a visit with him.

Bolivia

Well you would need to send it to me right now. I was planning on leaving today.

If you could, that would be cool.

Bolivia

Quote: (09-27-2009 12:10 PM)Lumiere Wrote:  

Well you would need to send it to me right now. I was planning on leaving today.

Send me a message. Remember to bring your passport and some cash. Don't tell the guards you are going for a tour. Tell them you are going to visit a friend.

Bolivia

Quote: (09-27-2009 12:52 PM)jmb Wrote:  

Quote: (09-27-2009 12:10 PM)Lumiere Wrote:  

Sure. His name is Sebastian and his # is 2324002. If he doesn't pick up you should still go. Remember to bring your passport and some cash. Don't tell the guards you are going for a tour. Tell them you are going to visit a friend.

Sebastian what?

I can't just tell the guards I am here to see Sebastian surely. Or do you know the number of the cell that he is in?

Bolivia

Give Sebastian a call and ask him the best way to get in.

Bolivia

I got in and I ended up being given a tour by Sebastien.

I didn't know his full name so I used another full name "George Redcloud". It's a totally foreign name to them so they just let me in and I bumped into Sebastien in the courtyard.

It was an amazining experience ! Unique.

I recommened anyone to do it.

Tips :

1. Say you are there to visit a friend. If you say you want a tour they will not let you in. The phrase you need is "Estoy aqui para visita un amigo" and give a full name of a person. They do not check the name against the roster of prisoners. The name that I gave is of a guy who is not even there any more.

2. Go by yourself if possible. If you turn up in what looks like a tour group they won't let you in.

3. You need to leave you passport or photo ID with them at the gate to get it in.

4. No electronics of any kind will be let in. Leave all that stuff in your hostel.

5. Go on Thurs or Sun. It's the general visiting day and is easier to get in. You can try other days if you like but it would be less easy.

Bolivia

Im digging back years..
But Im glad this turned out good.

Id be sketched as hell to call a dude in a south american prison for a fun meet up

I am the cock carousel