rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

On A Girl Talking to You First. (honeypot/chicago)

I feel this is topic worthy of discussion. I'll say the facts first and then give my opinion so I'll dive right into this.

Yesterday I was headed to a friend's house for a little get together. It's about 11:30pm. I'm in Chicago, so I take the El Blue line to Western, where I grab a cab up Armitage because the bus isn't running anymore.

On the train platform on Jackson(downtown) I see a blonde that catches my eye. So I kind of meander over to her as she's looking at the train map and open her with, "You know where you're going?" She has lazy blue bedroom eyes and is a second year Colombia College student. I'm not interested so I kind of let it go.

Then while on the train I sit in front of two black chicks and open them with something they said about Marvin Gaye. They start cracking up and I have to shush them because the first girl is a couple rows ahead with two mediocre looking friends and I didn't want to come across as the player who macking it up with everybody.

So I get off and have the approach aura that you get that makes you more approachable. I'm standing at a corner where there's a red light and I hear a female voice coming from a car but I can't make out what it is.

I look harder and see an SUV with a cute latina looking girl in the passenger seat and a hideous fat chick in the driver's seat.
Finally I can make out the words:
"Are you a painter?"

She's asking me if I'm a painter from the open window of an SUV at a stop light on a Friday night.

Thing is I wear a beret type hat that makes me look like an outdated stereotype of a French artist. The way she was talking to me came across as weird because she didn't try to get my attention first, she just came out with the question.

The second weird thing was the contrast between her cuteness and her driver friend's hideousness. Also that the driver was looking straight ahead as if this whole interaction was a normal thing for them.

I, personally, don't trust a woman's direct approach. I immediately think it's a trap. I told her to fuck off, which i kind of regret, even though she was being weird, and to stop being curious. She called me mean and they drove away most like to troll some other guy who would definitely give them the time of day.

I could have easily said "If you give me a ride, i'll tell you." i thought of that after the fact, as i was feeling bad for tell her to fuck off. but either way i still don't trust it.

I'm not saying there was anything wrong with her, but how do people here feel about women approaching them? any horror stories, or good stories?

why on earth would you tell her to fuck off? A trap? What kind of trap? Do you think she's going to set you up for an assassination or something?

Some of you guys are so fucking guarded it makes my head spin.

^hahahahaha

Quote: (02-26-2012 03:58 AM)violão Wrote:  

why on earth would you tell her to fuck off? A trap? What kind of trap? Do you think she's going to set you up for an assassination or something?

me personally, I just don't like being approached like that, I like doing the approaching, that's all. I know telling her to fuck off, in hindsight, was the wrong thing, but she was being weird.

what would you do? do you have any experience in this situation?

WTF? I understand why someone would react that way, but I don't understand why someone who has no problem opening girls and does it (as you did twice before) would have a problem with it. If anything, you should be aware of the social dynamics (i.e. how rarely girls do it and why it means something for her) and be glad for the opportunity. Your story confuses me.

"Imagine" by HCE | Hitler reacts to Battle of Montreal | An alternative use for squid that has never crossed your mind before

Are you a painter? Maybe she was goofing on your hat.

LOOOOOOOOOOOL that shit made me laugh hard.

Although stories like this are always hard to analyse because i simply wasn't there to see facial expressions and tone of voice and all other sorts of things, i still agree with Violau on this one.

Why the hell give a cute girl an answer like this ? In my experience you never know how things roll and you just might have missed out on lay. The last girl who straight up approached me i banged for three days.

Book - Around the World in 80 Girls - The Epic 3 Year Trip of a Backpacking Casanova

My new book Famles - Fables and Fairytales for Men is out now on Amazon.

"beware of greeks bearing gifts."

Quote: (02-26-2012 06:15 AM)pitt Wrote:  

LOOOOOOOOOOOL that shit made me laugh hard.

he is afraid to get raped..

Quote: (02-26-2012 01:43 AM)hypesession Wrote:  

I look harder and see an SUV with a cute latina looking girl in the passenger seat and a hideous fat chick in the driver's seat.
Finally I can make out the words:
"Are you a painter?"

She's asking me if I'm a painter from the open window of an SUV at a stop light on a Friday night.

So lemme see if I get this straight
- approach 2 sets in public transportation
- get your vibe going
- cute latina chick in an SUV driven by an ugly chick opens you
- you dis her.

Questions
- were you in an unsavory part of Chicago? In which case getting opened by a cute chick in an SUV could be the beginning of a police report. Seen it happen before. It's a good way to get robbed.

Thoughts on chicks who approach
- usually ugly
- expect the conversation to proceed like you opened them. "entertain me..jump through my hoops"
- down to fuck right now/end of the night? sometimes..and sometimes you meet an outgoing chick.

This particular time
- a beret - that's pretty hilarious. I'd keep a note pad and a pen on me, and do on the spot portraits - which of course would be stick figures with smiley faces.

- the disparity btwn her and her friend - that's your inexperience talking. A pretty chick could have a genuine ugly friend, or she's using Ugmo cause Ugmo is the only person in her crew who has a car. And if they were both Latina, chances are they were family.

- should you have tried to get a ride? I dunno. College town, sure. Chicago/NYC/LA/Houston/ATL/Miami/Any big city....be wary.

If you wanted to really holler, get them to pull over.

WIA.

This 'everything is a shit test' mentality can cripple your game as much as the worst hygiene or approach anxiety can; a lot of things are shit tests, but a lot of things aren't. At the same time I wasn't there so I don't know; were you in a seedy part of the city? Were guys throwing up gang signs in the vicinity? Was it a black Escalade on 20's with tinted windows? There's a chance they wanted to play you for a mark, and I have seen it happen, but I don't know here. Gotta pay attention to the environment.

Maybe there's a little bit of white knight in me but a girl, even if she's ugly (and a huge majority of the time the chick who opens is ugly or too old) opens me in a non-threatening way, I won't shut her down at the tip off, I'll humor her for a few minutes. It keeps your ramble game sharp for the day ahead, and if she suggests we hang out sometime, I'll do what girls do when they aren't interested in the guy behind the game; drop a line about a relationship that may or may not be total bullshit.

If a pretty girl opens you (extremely rare, but it does sometimes happen), try to get an instadate after a quick ramble (an instadate doesn't have to be drinks or coffee - it can be walking together down the street for ten minutes), and if that doesn't fly, the number. It's been like a year and a half since anything above a 6 directly opened me, girl I worked with (in an office of 700 people), and as soon as I knew the date my contract was ending I did fuck her.

I dont know about answering that way, but a lot of girls that open you end up being borderline or having a screw loose.
If it was normal behavior, Roosh would be researching a cure of cancer instead of raking in bucks for stuff like Elderly Chat.
It depends on the context though

does anyone have a story, a legit story, where a girl approached them and it went well. or it went badly.

Quote: (02-26-2012 02:38 PM)hypesession Wrote:  

does anyone have a story, a legit story, where a girl approached them and it went well. or it went badly.

Yes i have. Girl approached me in a club. I gamed her, banged her for three days. The end.

Book - Around the World in 80 Girls - The Epic 3 Year Trip of a Backpacking Casanova

My new book Famles - Fables and Fairytales for Men is out now on Amazon.

=DELETE=

I don't see why you told her to fuck off. I would have just had a conversation with her, I mean she's opening you from an SUV, and was asking a question to talk to you.

Girls trapping you may happen in a club or bar, they come talk to you and ask all sorts of shit with zero interest, but in a regular environment most of the time she's interested. Keep in mind that girls are absolutely terrible at approaching. I've talked to girls who said they tried it once got shot down and were so demoralized they never bothered to approach a guy ever again. Her 'are you a painter line?' may have been an honest attempt at having an interaction.

And yes I have a legit story. I went to get a haircut at this place and the girl that works the front I can tell was feeling me. I went there once before and I could just tell.

Anyway I get my haircut and she goes to ring me out. She says "Hey what's your number?" I was kind of thrown off by such directness. So then she back peddles "That's how we keep track of customers" But the way she asked the question made it obvious that it was interested. So I give her my cell and then say

"well if you guys send me any spam text messages I'm going to ignore them, but you can text me later."

she instantly smiled

Later on that day she hit me up.

There was no trap with this girl, she just liked me for some reason. From time to time it happens, not all girls have ulterior motives when they are trying to talk with you.

Quote: (02-26-2012 02:38 PM)hypesession Wrote:  

Yeah I've been opened by girls on occasion. The right way to handle seems to be to be warm and go easy on the teasing at first (after all, she just worked up the courage to do something that isn't that socially common and you don't want to make her feel bad about it), but start with some push-pull pretty quickly to keep up the frame that she has to prove herself to you. I usually try and escalate pretty fast with these girls since it's the easiest way to find out if they're truly DTF or just playing you for attention.

The best story I have of this is a girl in Chile who broke off from her friend and approached me on the dance floor. Within 15 minutes she grabbed my hand, ditched her friend, and pulled me across the street to another club where more dancing and making out ensued. A little while later we got in a cab and went to her place and when we walked in her friend was already there with another guy she had brought back. I was fucked up enough that I didn't care so I ignored her friend and the other dude and went over to the bed with my girl. Before I could smash she stopped me, said "tengo que vomitar," and then grabbed a fucking flower vase and puked in it.

Maybe that's a cautionary tale about girls who approach you, or maybe I just got unlucky. Either way it's one the more memorable and more disgusting nights out that I've had.

thanks for the stories, Ive had similar experiences. i think I'm the only one with the trap mentality.

I'll try and be more open minded.

Does anyone have any bad stories where girls opened them and turned out to be total bitchy ball busting man eaters and that was their intention for the whole night. But they started out slick like they liked you and were being all sexual and obvious. Cos that happened to me one time.

Quote: (02-26-2012 06:10 PM)hypesession Wrote:  

Does anyone have any bad stories where girls opened them and turned out to be total bitchy ball busting man eaters and that was their intention for the whole night. But they started out slick like they liked you and were being all sexual and obvious. Cos that happened to me one time.

Yes, sure. But, generally speaking, girls who have approached me in the past have been much more receptive to whatever game I run on them. Think about it -- you're pre-selecting for girls that are interested enough in speaking to you that they're eschewing the common female edict never to make the first move.

There are girls here and there who will go out with the purpose of reeling in guys and dreamcrushing them, but I find that these types much prefer to blow out approachers reactively. It requires much less effort on their part than putting proactive energy into an interaction.

Don't let something that happened to you one time ruin a layup number/makeout/bang.

Quote: (02-26-2012 06:10 PM)hypesession Wrote:  

I've had the good and the bad. About a year ago a sexy little asian girl straight-up sat down beside me on a park bench in Chicago and asked about the book I was reading. She asked to see it, wrote down her number on the flap, and told me to call her. Then she repeatedly flaked out when I tried to make plans over the next couple weeks. Still trying to figure out what the fuck happened there.

On the other hand, I had a girl holler at me in a bar in Spain which turned into a bang the next night.

If a girl opens me, I'm into it.

Lol at telling her to fuck off haha. You could of got your dick sucked in the backseat, who knows.

OP, you're being a fool that I pity to tell a chick to fuck off because she opened you...she just gave you an opportunity to bang her.

I wish women opened men more often

SMH

The first night I went out solo dolo a cute latina chick approached me in a club and asked me "Why aren't you smiling?". Truth be told the only thing I could manage on my first solo dolo was to stand around with a beer in my hand trying to look confident. Apparently it worked but it still caught me off guard because she she was genuinely interested in me. We talked a bit before she had to leave with friends. Looking back on that I realized the fruit don't get any lower than that.

Quote: (02-27-2012 02:40 AM)Enfant_Terrible Wrote:  

OP, you're being a fool that I pity to tell a chick to fuck off because she opened you...she just gave you an opportunity to bang her.

I wish women opened men more often

SMH

ok im gna have to call a beta whistle on that post.

im not that pussy starved where im looking for any "opportunity to bang." i believe dudes can get ensnared on some lust for easy pussy.