rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Man Has Surgery To Grow Six More Inches

Quote:Quote:

At five foot, six inches, Apotheosis was shorter than the average American male and very unhappy about it.

So he did something other men who feel short might consider unthinkable: he opted for costly, painful surgeries to make himself "grow" a total of six inches.

"I realized that the world looked at me a certain way that I didn't look at myself in that certain way," said the 37-year-old New Yorker, who goes by the pseudonym "Apotheosis" in online forums and asked that "20/20" not use his real name. "I wanted the way I felt about myself and the way the world felt about me to be similar."

Apotheosis is one of a "growing" number of men pursuing limb-lengthening procedures for cosmetic reasons.

Dr. Dror Paley, a renowned osteopathic surgeon at the Paley Institute at St. Mary's Medical Center in West Palm Beach, Fla., performed 650 leg-lengthening surgeries last year.

http://news.yahoo.com/york-man-grows-six...-news.html

Won't your body look all out of proportion if you have these long ass legs with the arm span of a short dude? This is vanity to an extremely unhealthy level.

Quote:Quote:

Surgeons break the leg bone in two and implant a state-of-the-art telescopic rod into the middle of the broken bones which then pulls the bone apart very slowly, about one millimeter a day.

New bone grows around it and tissues like the muscle, the nerves, the arteries, and the skin, regenerate as well.

At about $85,000, the procedure is expensive and the process lengthy. It takes at least three months to complete it and it requires demanding and excruciating physical therapy.

Apotheosis is still in recovery and he does not want to go public even though this is his second surgery. "I am still lengthening right now and there could be further complications and I don't want to talk about it successfully until it's been successful."

[Image: ht_Apotheosis_surgically_grows_2_thg_120223_wg.jpg]

Am I the only one who gets chills from this?

Contributor at Return of Kings.  I got banned from twatter, which is run by little bitches and weaklings. You can follow me on Gab.

Be sure to check out the easiest mining program around, FreedomXMR.

I don't see how it's any different from a woman getting a boob job, except it's more expensive and probably riskier. Dude can probably get a better ROI by learning game or improving his style/money situation, but if this is what he wants I say go for it.

It's interesting that Apotheosis rhymes with Tuthmosis.

A few years back, I heard of a surgery like this for people with legs that are different lengths. That makes sense.

But, I wouldn't do this, because height is more than longer legs and arms. This is monumentally retarded. Do they grow your trunk area? Do they extend your dick and fatten it up too? Do stretch your head? Exactly.

Tuthmosis Twitter | IRT Twitter

I read the title and thought those "inches" were added elsewhere...

Surgery: $85,000.
Pain: Excruciating.
Physical Therapy: Exhausting
Ability to Get Women: Still can't get women.

For everything else, there's game.

I'm more concerned about how the surgery affects your leg muscles... Will he be able run as fast, squat as much, have as powerful legs as before?

Quote: (02-24-2012 05:20 PM)Menace Wrote:  

Surgery: $85,000.
Pain: Excruciating.
Physical Therapy: Exhausting
Ability to Get Women: Still can't get women.

For everything else, there's game.

Exactly. You just know this is driven by some delusional shit that the only reason he's not getting laid is that he's short. As soon as he's done "extending," he'll have to beat the pussy back with a stick. This smells like girl-thirst from a mile away.

Even though we can all agree that height is rarely a negative, Apotheosis is in for a big surprise. That's assuming that everything goes perfect with this procedure which, from the sound of it, is very unlikely.

Tuthmosis Twitter | IRT Twitter

This poor dude.

I'm 6'3" and I know if I was 5'6" things would be different, but its not like being over a certain height means you get pussy, fame, and fortune thrown at you.

Chef In Jeans
A culinary website for men

I'm 5'6 and I wouldn't do that.

I saw a program on TLC or one of those channels years ago about this kind of surgery being done on dwarves. They lengthened both the leg and arm bones to keep their bodies somewhat proportional. Of course, they couldn't get them to a normal height, but they could add a couple of inches or so. I've never heard of a person of normal height doing this to get taller. He must have REALLY been in some kind of despair about himself to subject himself to this. Height confers some advantages, but not to the extent that someone should resort to this.

"The best kind of pride is that which compels a man to do his best when no one is watching."

I'm wondering if us taller guys would see any benefit from wearing shoes that give you a slight lift?
I'm 6ft tall myself. It's not unreasonable to wear boots that lift you up 2 inches or so. It would be very subtle. Like when women wear a push up bra.

He coulda saved himself some coin and bought these Jammies.
http://www.tallmenshoes.com/elevator-shoes-k511615.html

I woulda bought a new pimp car or used Ferarri for that money. Would def get more ass with that.

He coulda spent less on a personal trainer and busted his ass for a year and got all ripped up.

Team Nachos

Sad that someone would pay to do this. Wasn't Bruce Lee like 5'4? Come on homie.

Quote: (02-24-2012 06:55 PM)Parlay44 Wrote:  

I'm wondering if us taller guys would see any benefit from wearing shoes that give you a slight lift?
I'm 6ft tall myself. It's not unreasonable to wear boots that lift you up 2 inches or so. It would be very subtle. Like when women wear a push up bra.

I woulda bought a new pimp car or used Ferarri for that money. Would def get more ass with that.

He coulda spent less on a personal trainer and busted his ass for a year and got all ripped up.

The shoes I wear out have a slight heel on them, it puts me at almost 6'5"

I see no benefits.

I still think height is one of the most overhyped features when it comes to gaming women. Which makes sense because its easy to cling to because, aside from this surgery, there's really nothing you can do about it.

If height matters guys under 5'10" can say "well its because I'm short" and just write off any failure that way. Not hating on the short guys, just saying take it from a tall guy, except for a few tall girls who want the guy to be taller then them, its all mental masturbation.

Chef In Jeans
A culinary website for men

Quote: (02-24-2012 07:50 PM)Chad Daring Wrote:  

Quote: (02-24-2012 06:55 PM)Parlay44 Wrote:  

The shoes I wear out have a slight heel on them, it puts me at almost 6'5"

I see no benefits.

I still think height is one of the most overhyped features when it comes to gaming women. Which makes sense because its easy to cling to because, aside from this surgery, there's really nothing you can do about it.

If height matters guys under 5'10" can say "well its because I'm short" and just write off any failure that way. Not hating on the short guys, just saying take it from a tall guy, except for a few tall girls who want the guy to be taller then them, its all mental masturbation.

I dunno man. Obviously being taller isn't a golden ticket to hot puss or anything like that, but all things being equal (looks, body language, style, game, ect), the girl is going to prefer the taller guy most of the time. I'm not saying that being shorter is an excuse for not getting girls, as almost every girl would prefer a cool short guy to a loser tall guy, but height does factor into the equation a little bit.

But yea if a guy is this desperate to get women that he thinks he has to resort to dangerous surgery, then becoming six inches taller isn't going to make a shit's bit of difference because that mindset is what got him here in the first place. He's going to be even more unhappy if the surgery is completely successful and he looks and moves totally normal because he's going to realize that there is no quick fix for this kind of thing. He's probably going to wonder why girls aren't acting any different towards him and then continue to think there's something else wrong with him that he can't change on his own. Self improvement isn't done overnight. It's a slow, gradual process that takes hard work and discipline.

Can be physically attractive, but if you don't have the game to back it up, there's upwards of 80% of the deal that you won't be able to seal.

I'm 5'7 and I get lots of action. However , I am a decent looking guy and I have some game.It helps that most girls I interact with are about my height or shorter.But I don't know how it would affect my results if I were in a country where most young women are taller.

either way , this is way too extreme , only a midget would be justified to do a procedure like this.

Chicks need to be on rotation like a Netflix queue

I remember reading about this surgery over on reddit. A guy did an "Ask Me Any Thing" (AMA) about it.
He was a 4'11 guy who was going to hit 5'3" with it.

Check it out here. His answers give a lot of insight into the procedure.

I'm 5'10". Not going to say I haven't thought about this (assuming I somehow found gobs of money lying around somewhere), but I doubt it'd be worth the pain. I'd love to be 6'2" and chances are that would make a slight difference with women, but not enough to be worth the effort. I can't see the justification.
Besides, at 5'10" I'm already way above the global average. If I want to feel tall, I'll just go back to Jamaica for a bit (average Jamaican male height = 5'7").

Know your enemy and know yourself, find naught in fear for 100 battles. Know yourself but not your enemy, find level of loss and victory. Know thy enemy but not yourself, wallow in defeat every time.

I just picked up this Tweet from a girl on my Twitter. I've had a girl say something similar to me before.

When you hug a guy, and he's so much taller than you, so you feel safe.

Team Nachos

Quote: (02-24-2012 10:53 PM)Mr.GM Wrote:  

I'm 5'7 and I get lots of action. However , I am a decent looking guy and I have some game.It helps that most girls I interact with are about my height or shorter.But I don't know how it would affect my results if I were in a country where most young women are taller.

either way , this is way too extreme , only a midget would be justified to do a procedure like this.

I think being in Brasil helps your cause out a lot. I did see a fair amount of tall guys in Brasil, but overall I'd imagine the national average male height is quite a bit less than the U.S. Plus, what's most important is the woman's height, and from what I saw, it seemed that most Brasilian women are short.

There are quite a bit of tall women in the U.S., and it seems like being tall is a way bigger issue for American women, than most women in other countries (with the exception of maybe some N./Western Euro countries). Recently I have been witnessing a trend of women, who sweat tall men. At 5 ft. 10 in., I get annoyed when I overhear women say that they want a 6 ft tall man as a "pre-requisite".

Furthermore, I respectfully disagree with Chad Daring, about height not being an issue and it being overhyped. I'm sorry, but if you're 6 ft. 3 in., have a built physique, and are above average in facial looks, you have no excuse for not pulling high quality/volume, IMHO. I have friends that are tall, buff, and handsome, and they get laid no problem, and their game isn't even that tight, (most women approach them). Try gaming being an average looking guy of average height, at that point your game HAS to be tight.

Not to beat a dead horse, but I will quote Mixx from this thread:

http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-9706.h...shoe+lifts

"The 3 inch shoe lifts took me to a height of about 6'2" (1.85m)

FEMALE ATTENTION DEFINITELY INCREASED! Out of the 22 times I wore my lifts, 17 times I was complimented by women on something I was wearing. In other words, they took MORE notice of me than before! ...

Now, out of the 17 girl that complimented me, and THREE flat out told me how they LOVE tall guys over 6ft (without me even asking them), 2 led to sex that same night, and 4 led to sex within 3 week of approaching/encounter.

So, boys...NO PAIN, NO GAIN!

** I don't think anyone who will not surpass the 6' mark with lifts should bother getting them. Girls really seem to take notice when you are over 6ft tall, not less. The pain of wearing them is just not worth the effort if you are still short with lifts on.

I had no idea you guys over 6ft in height had it sooo FUCKING good!! I fucking hate you bastards!!

MIXX"

I gotta try some 3" shoe lifts after reading that last post by OGNorCal. The 2 things that I've changed about myself (not counting improving my verbal game) that have gotten me more attention from women have been growing my hair long and dressing better(nice dress shirt or suiting up). I'm wondering if 6'3" is the magic height.

Team Nachos

Quote: (02-25-2012 12:00 AM)Parlay44 Wrote:  

I gotta try some 3" shoe lifts after reading that last post by OGNorCal. The 2 things that I've changed about myself (not counting improving my verbal game) that have gotten me more attention from women have been growing my hair long and dressing better(nice dress shirt or suiting up). I'm wondering if 6'3" is the magic height.

Judging from what I've heard, 6'1 and 6'3" are the ideal heights, at least as far as the average American woman seems to be concerned. These are the heights I see whenever I witness girls drawing up their "ideal guy" online or just whimsically to one another.

Once you get past 6'6", height actually becomes a disadvantage.

Know your enemy and know yourself, find naught in fear for 100 battles. Know yourself but not your enemy, find level of loss and victory. Know thy enemy but not yourself, wallow in defeat every time.

Quote: (02-24-2012 05:05 PM)Samseau Wrote:  

Surgeons break the leg bone in two and implant a state-of-the-art telescopic rod into the middle of the broken bones which then pulls the bone apart very slowly, about one millimeter a day.
Am I the only one who gets chills from this?

Actually this "state-of-the-art" technique has been known since 1950s. It has been used to correct birth deformities or other leg anomalities.

As someone who has broken a leg and is now recovering from it I can't even imagine why would anyone do it even for free (not to mention for 85K). That's just insane.

And as someone who's 5'4 and been with the more chicks than all my friends combined together, I find it amusing. Height is as important for getting women as having a cool shirt - meaning, it does help a little (like 1% or so), but most guys greatly overstate the amount it helps. Your skill and chance together represent about 90% of your success.

Quote: (02-25-2012 12:00 AM)Parlay44 Wrote:  

I still can't get over the fact that if fucking does commence from your newfound height-confidence, as soon as you take your shoes off in the bedroom, you drop 3 inches. It's like a chick wearing a fake ass or fake chest or something.