rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Middle of nowhere locations for R&R

Can anyone recommend some quaint towns where you can just chill for a month without chasing pussy?

I've been to a couple in Brazil which I wrote about here:

http://www.rooshv.com/colonial-towns-of-...ais-brazil

It'd be nice if apartment lodging was easy to book.

Some friends that were stationed in Germany spoke highly of Edelweiss, Germany for a place to relax and get away from it all.

Are you talking about worldwide or stateside?

Preferably out of the States.

Roosh do you prefer to be somewhere where the lure of pussy is not a factor? Because pussy doesn't actually fly in one's face unless we chase it so technically any of these beach locations that we go to anyway should do the trick, non?

OUR NEW BLOG!

http://repstylez.com

My NEW TRAVEL E-BOOK - DOMINICAN REPUBLIC - A RED CARPET AFFAIR

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00K53LVR8

Love 'em or leave 'em but we can't live without lizardsssss..

An Ode To Lizards

I prefer a place where this is absolutely no pussy options. My main goal would be to get some work done in a quiet setting with no temptations.

I'd consider returning to N. Ireland for a secluded getaway. Pick a town north of Belfast along the coast. You'll be close to Giant's Causeway, Bushmills Distillery, and the Bann River. It's beautiful up there, even in the winter. There's enough to do to keep you entertained, but not enough for a distraction.

This is one of the most relaxing places I have been in Europe. Its a charming town, with a lake for swimming, great white wine and fresh food.

I am sure there are many villages in Europe (I am assuming you prefer a place in Europe) that would fit the requirements. I would also be interested in some what some others on the board have to say.

Roosh the Bahamas has assloads of secluded islands with rentals. You could fish or whatever. This one comes with a Boston Whaler..
http://www.vrbo.com/75620
My dream has come true.

Quote: (02-24-2012 09:06 AM)Roosh Wrote:  

Can anyone recommend some quaint towns where you can just chill for a month without chasing pussy?

I know where you are coming from Roosh. Being a player is stressful.

Depending on your budget, and if you want it to a beach town:

I recommend Islas de la Bahia off the coast of Honduras: English is widely spoken there by everyone!!!

Google out a place called: Roatan, kayos cochinos. The islands are only a 2hr flight from Miami or you can take a cruise there directly.

Other spots on US Soil: Sarasota, and Fort Lauderdale come to mind. Anytime I just want to kick back and relax, I pack my bags and just chill on the crystal clear water beaches of Fort Lauderdale, or the Gold Coast of Florida: Naples, Sarasota, St. Pete, and I now have Islas de la Bahia on my radar as a place to "get away".

* This is a place to relax ALL DAY and NOT chase pussy, so if you must FUCK, BYOG!

Consider going to a monastery for a retreat. Peace and quiet, and no girls.

Far Southern Poland/Northern Slovakia (on the border)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pieniny

Also try far Western Ukrainian Carpathian mountains, similar area and cheaper

Few temptations
Very low population
Locals speak a "mountain dialect" that is difficult to understand

Tourists stick to the preiphery, but if you go deeper into the mountains and rent a cabin in the woods, you'll have peace.

In general, the people and languages in this region are mixed..Slovak, Pole, Ukrainian...and quite independent, traditional, and solitary.

An American Iraqi war veteran was found alone here a few weeks ago, got some frost bite. I guess he'd gone there to recuperate for a bit. Summer is a better season.

Good food (fresh fish, meat, milk and cheese) served in a simple and hearty fashion.
The girls here are often hearty and large. More like work mules than stallions, and not attractive.
Fresh air and beautiful landscapes.

[Image: czarny.jpg]

[Image: golonka_s.gif]

[Image: Dziewczyny_Ratownikow_4514649.jpg]

[Image: exterier-16e0-.jpeg]

[Image: 54314_590x443_crop_rozmiar-niestandardowy.jpg]

I think I'd like to retire here some day.

Goldeneye

It worked for Ian Fleming.

Probably a good place for some "writing mojo" as well.

http://www.goldeneye.com/site/#/hotel/

[Image: hoar01_goldeneye.jpg]

The extreme option: if you want to try a very spartan monastic life for a bit consider Mt Athos in Greece. I've always wanted to go but haven't yet made it. It's a self-governed state under the authority of the Patriarch of the Greek church. There are 20 monasteries and they don't allow women there (since women would distract from the monks' spiritual work) and if memory serves they go as far as not even having female animals there.

Getting in may be a pain in the ass since they only allow in 100 Orthodox and 10 non-Orthodox visitors per day. There aren't really any places to stay but you may be allowed to stay for longer at a monastery or a small house in exchange for donations if you speak to the monks.

Some info from Wikitravel:
http://wikitravel.org/en/Mount_Athos

Wikipedia page:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mount_Athos

It won't be comfortable but it will be memorable and different from anything else you'll experience. And you're absolutely guaranteed zero distractions from women.

"A flower can not remain in bloom for years, but a garden can be cultivated to bloom throughout seasons and years." - xsplat

Mal Pais, Costa Rica. Also has great surfing. Its got enough to keep you occupied like a small coffee shop, and its a great spot to surf, but there aren't a lot of girls there except a few unattractive locals.

DrainTree, interesting about Pieniny, I grew up in Slovakia but never been there. Have been to Tatras many times, very touristic and would be cold as fuck right now.

Roosh, you are in Europe, what about reaching out to your roots and going to Turkey? As a mostly Muslim country girls shouldn't be too much of a temptation. I have never been further than Cappadocia in central Turkey, a beautiful place but full of backpackers, however if you go to the far east of the country, you should find peace. I heard good things about the area around the lake Van - pristine mountains, friendly people, very safe. Low population area and should be very cheap as well, with only the most adventurous tourists venturing this far. This is Kurdish territory, so def check on current political situation; my info from 2000 was that it was super safe, almost zero crime. Should be much warmer than where you are now as well.

Or if you want to go all the way, what about Himalayas - Tibet, Nepal, Kashmir? Seems like places with zero play and staying in a Buddhist monastery or something would give you the peace and seclusion you are looking for.

Quote: (02-24-2012 09:53 AM)Roosh Wrote:  

I prefer a place where this is absolutely no pussy options. My main goal would be to get some work done in a quiet setting with no temptations.

How soon? I ask because I would assume you would prefer a place near where you are and where you plan to go to next once you resume your normal lifestyle.

In other words, geographic preference?

The Azores islands off the coast of Portugal.

I'm aiming for the month of June to unwind, preferably out of the Schengen zone but Europe, Central America, and the Caribbean seems okay.

The Bahamas seems cool but weekly rates are at least $1,000. I'd like to keep rent under 2,000 for the month.

Quote: (02-24-2012 03:22 PM)Roosh Wrote:  

I'm aiming for the month of June to unwind, preferably out of the Schengen zone but Europe, Central America, and the Caribbean seems okay.

The Bahamas seems cool but weekly rates are at least $1,000. I'd like to keep rent under 2,000 for the month.

Cadaquez, Spain.

Where Salvador Dali hung out.

"This place was made for the postcard industry. From an esthetic point of view...there ain't a bad angle in the whole town. It's full of charm and whitewashed Mediterranean beauty. Unlike many a seaside siren, she looks even better in person than she photographs...and she photographs like a high cheek boned Spanish Gypsy.

Cadaques was always a working fishing village but when Spanish and French artists courted her, she became even more attractive. Picasso lived here in the 20's. Dali, who grew up nearby, made it his permanent home, which today is a museum open to the public. Others (Bunuel, Breton, Magritte, Man Ray, Eluard and more) came here to hide out & sample its turquoise and white magic, the fishing boats and relaxed seaside cafes just a few hours drive from Barcelona."

http://www.radicalsabbatical.com/road3.html

Can't beat that place for what you are looking for.

[Image: cadaques.jpg]

[Image: Cadaques-Spain.jpg]

[Image: cadaques1.jpg]

Central America for sure. It's cheap and the local poon is unappealing. All the non-Schengen European countries have attractive chicks. The Caribbean islands are too expensive to get to logistically and outside of the tourist zones, it's not a place you want to be.

In addition to Honduras, as Mixx pointed out, I'd recommend looking into the Carib coast of Central America (Belize, Guatemala, Nicaragua, Costa Rica, and Panama no doubt). There are places there where you can find gringos if you want, but there are also many places WAY OFF the radar. You can really get away out there. The weather is warm, the life is quiet and relaxing, and the beaches are very exotic. Further, "Spanglish" is widely spoken and understood. It's a great place to do some thinking and writing for sure.

The good thing also is the diversity of topography in that region. If you want a mountainous environment instead, you've got those options in those countries as well. You can also opt for a lush jungle type of environment, or straight beach/island route.

Quote: (02-24-2012 03:27 PM)thegmanifesto Wrote:  

Cadaquez, Spain.

Looks nice but Spain is in the Schengen zone.

Quote: (02-24-2012 02:15 PM)SVK Wrote:  

DrainTree, interesting about Pieniny, I grew up in Slovakia but never been there. Have been to Tatras many times, very touristic and would be cold as fuck right now.

Roosh, you are in Europe, what about reaching out to your roots and going to Turkey? As a mostly Muslim country girls shouldn't be too much of a temptation. I have never been further than Cappadocia in central Turkey, a beautiful place but full of backpackers, however if you go to the far east of the country, you should find peace. I heard good things about the area around the lake Van - pristine mountains, friendly people, very safe. Low population area and should be very cheap as well, with only the most adventurous tourists venturing this far. This is Kurdish territory, so def check on current political situation; my info from 2000 was that it was super safe, almost zero crime. Should be much warmer than where you are now as well.

Or if you want to go all the way, what about Himalayas - Tibet, Nepal, Kashmir? Seems like places with zero play and staying in a Buddhist monastery or something would give you the peace and seclusion you are looking for.

Most tourists stick to the major places..the deeper part of the mountains are still quite secluded.

Western Ukrainian Carpathian mountains would be cheaper, even more remote/less touristy, and out of the Shengen zone.

In general..you can't go wrong with mountains when looking for seclusion. Mt athos in greece, himalayas, the Urals in Russia, etc.

Mountain land can't support agriculture, only grazing animals. This means much lower population densities around most large mountains.

Canarian Islands could be an option

Quote: (02-24-2012 04:49 PM)Bill Wrote:  

Canarian Islands could be an option

If you go around this time of year though there are too many tempting women, locals and tourist chicks. Gotta know some basic spanish though

EDIT: Unless you mean everywhere but Las Palmas, then I agree.

Quote: (02-24-2012 03:39 PM)Hencredible Casanova Wrote:  

Quote: (02-24-2012 03:27 PM)thegmanifesto Wrote:  

Cadaquez, Spain.

Looks nice but Spain is in the Schengen zone.

Ha. I had no idea what that ment.

I thought it was some place in Germany or something.

Wait, Was this Beta?™ that I didn't know that?