rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Project Implicit (Reveals Cognitive Biases)

This is an interesting series of tests put together in a project from Harvard University. It supposedly reveals your subconscious biases in many areas and does so fairly accurately (apparently).

Check it out for yourself:

https://implicit.harvard.edu/implicit/de...atest.html

I opened one random test, the "Native American Test", and after trying to get the damn thing to load for 10 minutes, I saw the first question:

"Which statement best describes you?"

"I stronger prefer White Americans to Native Americans"
"I somewhat prefer White Americans to Native Americans"
"I prefer White Americans and Native Americans equally"

Then I stopped reading, and closed the test.

Anything that non-transparent cannot be an accurate representation of one's biases. Can't believe Harvard designed something so shitty. The school is really going downhill I guess.

Contributor at Return of Kings.  I got banned from twatter, which is run by little bitches and weaklings. You can follow me on Gab.

Be sure to check out the easiest mining program around, FreedomXMR.

That wasn't a test question. The purpose of them asking is to compare your DECLARED bias to your ACTUAL bias at the end of the test.

Quote: (02-24-2012 12:42 PM)speakeasy Wrote:  

That wasn't a test question. The purpose of them asking is to compare your DECLARED bias to your ACTUAL bias at the end of the test.

Sorry, I can already tell the test is bad because the initial premise is flawed. Why do they need to know my own perceived bias if they can tell me what I actually believe?

Unless, of course, they need to interpret my own answers to generate their own, in which case they've just admitted their test is worthless.

Shitty test.

Contributor at Return of Kings.  I got banned from twatter, which is run by little bitches and weaklings. You can follow me on Gab.

For one, I'm not convinced how valid these are, if people it says are biased actually are biased.

But even if they are, these tests are bullshit. They're made expressly to advance liberal egalitarian ideology, where everyone is equal to everyone else. They shame you for being cognizant of reality. You associate being an engineer with being a male? How dare you!

It's also an extremely artificial scenario. For instance, almost nothing in this world does not have at least a slight association with one sex or the other. When, as the quiz forces you to do, you start to associate one group with one thing, and then switch it around, it's going to be mentally harder to make the switch.

I took the science and sex test. And they first prime you to associate males with science (if you take the test you'll see what I'm talking about). So even if you came in with absolutely no bias whatsoever, which would mean you're a retard who has no awareness of reality, by taking the test, you'd be primed to have exactly the bias that they want you to have. Then they can say, "Aha, you're a discriminatory bigot! It's men like you who are keeping women out of science!" And this applies for any other favored liberal group.

This is why it's necessary to have smart people around who disagree with you. Otherwise, you come up with stupid shit like this despite your own intelligence.

Quote: (02-24-2012 12:48 PM)Samseau Wrote:  

Quote: (02-24-2012 12:42 PM)speakeasy Wrote:  

Sorry, I can already tell the test is bad because the initial premise is flawed. Why do they need to know my own perceived bias if they can tell me what I actually believe?

Unless, of course, they need to interpret my own answers to generate their own, in which case they've just admitted their test is worthless.

Shitty test.

You actually don't have to answer the questionnaire. You can skip that and go right to the test. That annoyed me too. There was no option for "unbiased" or "free from bias" so I just didn't bother.

I didn't do the ones on race/religion.

Quote: (02-24-2012 12:54 PM)basilransom Wrote:  

This is why it's necessary to have smart people around who disagree with you. Otherwise, you come up with stupid shit like this despite your own intelligence.

And this is why every Ivy League school in the USA sux ballz. It's just one big echo chamber, and nothing innovative is being produced. A place for mediocrity to languish.

Quote: (02-24-2012 12:54 PM)basilransom Wrote:  

For one, I'm not convinced how valid these are, if people it says are biased actually are biased.

But even if they are, these tests are bullshit. They're made expressly to advance liberal egalitarian ideology, where everyone is equal to everyone else. They shame you for being cognizant of reality. You associate being an engineer with being a male? How dare you!

It's also an extremely artificial scenario. For instance, almost nothing in this world does not have at least a slight association with one sex or the other. When, as the quiz forces you to do, you start to associate one group with one thing, and then switch it around, it's going to be mentally harder to make the switch.

I took the science and sex test. And they first prime you to associate males with science (if you take the test you'll see what I'm talking about). So even if you came in with absolutely no bias whatsoever, which would mean you're a retard who has no awareness of reality, by taking the test, you'd be primed to have exactly the bias that they want you to have. Then they can say, "Aha, you're a discriminated bigot! This is why there are so few women in science!" And this applies for any other favored liberal group.

Yeah. I definitely associate scientists with males, though there are an increasing number of females entering the STEM fields.

One thing I really struggle with is thinking of a great female thinker. I can't think of one other than maybe Ayn Rand.

Everyone is biased. Some of us are honest about it.