rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Colombian girls in America Terrified About Getting Fat

You can't make this stuff up. Roosh: Please move to another section if it doesn't count as travel.

TL;DR version: last night a very cute Colombian girl in DC told me that Colombians girls are now terrified that they will become fat when they move to the USA either temporarily or permanently.

Last night (Sat) I was hanging out in downtown at a book store. I notice a very cute girl speaking spanish into a mobile phone though in an accent I was not used to. Later, I see her sitting down at the cafe. I sit down next to her. I use the old person opener "Is that a good book?". The book was about shopping healthy at an American super market.

We start talking about the differences between shopping for food in Colombian supermarkets versus the United States. I make sure to drop that when I was in Egypt there were almost no super markets and you bought from street vendors. I had imagined Colombia was the same way but I was wrong.

She then said that she was terrified about becoming fat when living in America. She was here for a six month exchange program, and was determined not to get overweight. She said people in Colombia (read: girls in Colombia) are now terrified that they will become obese if they even visit the states for an extended period. I talked to her about Paleo diets and told her to check it out.

We talked for quite a bit more about other things. I thought of venue changing but she was already to a party near by. I did so well, she asked me for my number. I made her call me by saying "call me so that I know it's you when you call". She even tested me on directions, and I used some banter and passed with flying colors.

Don't worry - I just bought Bang Colombia.

Colombian women are such retards!!! (which is why I love fucking them, very easy to predict).

Yo can be anywhere and GET FAT (or lose fat) on a temp or Perm basis! It is about what you eat, not WHERE YOU EAT IT!!

Colombians have the worst fucking diets next to Dominicans and Puerto Ricans! They eat Rice, Beans, and go heavy on CARBS, and STARCHES!! the difference is, in Colombia they are FORCED TO WALK EVERYDAY at least 5 miles per day!!!

In America, they will start getting lazy, start driving cars, stop walking, become sedentary and then blame it on American soil, instead of the fucking pizzas, sugary diet drinks and ice cream she is chugging down every week! Not to mention that she no longer has cheap access to health Spas that specialize in electrotherapy FAT treatment, Laser-Fat burning, Lipo-suction like they exist in Colombia. I firmly think this woman you met is younger than 25, because that's how young you have to be to say something that ignorant.

What an idiot! Please fuck her hard, and then tell her she looks fat for me will ya?

Mixx

Quote: (02-19-2012 12:36 PM)MiXX Wrote:  

Colombian women are such retards!!! (which is why I love fucking them, very easy to predict).

Yo can be anywhere and GET FAT (or lose fat) on a temp or Perm basis! It is about what you eat, not WHERE YOU EAT IT!!

Colombians have the worst fucking diets next to Dominicans and Puerto Ricans! They eat Rice, Beans, and go heavy on CARBS, and STARCHES!! the difference is, in Colombia they are FORCED TO WALK EVERYDAY at least 5 miles per day!!!

In America, they will start getting lazy, start driving cars, stop walking, become sedentary and then blame it on American soil, instead of the fucking pizzas, sugary diet drinks and ice cream she is chugging down every week! Not to mention that she no longer has cheap access to health Spas that specialize in electrotherapy FAT treatment, Laser-Fat burning, Lipo-suction like they exist in Colombia. I firmly think this woman you met is younger than 25, because that's how young you have to be to say something that ignorant.

What an idiot! Please fuck her hard, and then tell her she looks fat for me will ya?

Mixx

I'm not trying to pedestalize her (I approached 3 other sets that night), but in her defense she had seen a dietician and realized that the Colombian diet would not work in America. She at least listened about Paleo and took it seriously. Also, she did realize that she needed to work out.

Quote: (02-19-2012 12:50 PM)beta_plus Wrote:  

in her defense she had seen a dietician and realized that the Colombian diet would not work in America.

You mean Rice, Beans, carbs, starches, and sugary soft drinks would not work in N. America? How ironic.

The colombian diet is: A colombian soda pop (called Postobon) They drink this daily like it was water, if a POstobn is not readily available, coca-cola IS NEXT ON THE LIST. They have REGULAR COCA-COLA FOR BREAKFAST INSTEAD OF COFFEE!! A ton of white rice, beans, LOTS OF RED MEAT, BREAD in the morning with Coffee and a ton of whole Milk and REGULAR SUGAR,and Bunuelos in the morning. Bunuelos are Greasy potato balls. Lastly, arepas with margarine and cheese. They love this SHIT like crack addicts!

Let me not even get started on the amount of BEER they chug down with those soft drinks!

I NEVER see anyone in Colombia with a bottle of water in their hands walking the streets - EVER, and I'm going back to 1996! I do see Beer, A sugary soft drink called "Postobon", and a Bunuelo in their hands EVERYWHERE!

Yeah, you're right, that diet would definitely not work in N. America.

Mixx

I dated a colombian girl new to the country. In her circle of friends were 2 other colombians, 1 peruvian, and one girl from costa rica. Each and every one of them packed on the freshman 15 within 6-8 months. So, they have a right to be worried about getting fat in America. They do eat an inordinate amount of potato chips.

Quote: (02-19-2012 01:43 PM)LowerCaseG Wrote:  

they have a right to be worried about getting fat in America. They do eat an inordinate amount of potato chips.

So, you actually saying that being in N. America is the blame, not the ridiculous amount of Potato Chips, Soda, and beer and a LOT less exercise? interesting. [Image: dodgy.gif]

Mixx

Quote:Quote:

So, you actually saying that being in N. America is the blame

Yup. There was a study done (can't find it now) on foreign nationals who moved to the US that showed significant weight gain in America compared with other control groups who didn't move to America.

In other words, person A from Timbuktu will gain more weight by a statistically significant amount if he moved to the US than say France. The stories I hear of European girls telling me how much weight their friends gained once going to America is endless. It's automatic and large. You don't hear that about girls moving to Latin America, Asia, and so on.

Quote: (02-19-2012 03:19 PM)Roosh Wrote:  

Yup. There was a study done (can't find it now) on foreign nationals who moved to the US that showed significant weight gain in America compared with other control groups who didn't move to America.

In other words, person A from Timbuktu will gain more weight by a statistically significant amount if he moved to the US than say France. The stories I hear of European girls telling me how much weight their friends gained once going to America is endless. It's automatic and large. You don't hear that about girls moving to Latin America, Asia, and so on.

Yeah, I know girls from Mexico City and Guadalajara who complain about gaining weight in America.

It's our food here.

Our produce is f*cked up.

I always lose weight when I travel.

Even in Argentina, I was wacking down steaks and eating mad pasta.

Lost weight.

Despite being a seasoned travelling, I hate the TRAVELLING part.

Being an Ectomoprh I burn calories like nobody's business, travelling is suicide for me, I burn so many calories, flying, taking a train, taxis, buses, trams, getting lost. And the worst thing is when you are travelling(overseas) it's hard to find somewhere to eat, and you always end up at McDonalds.

By the time I get to my destination, I feel like shit, look like shit, and need about one week to recover from the ordeal.

Funny, I am the exact opposite. In Colombia I GAIN WEIGHT, then I lose it all when I get back to Miami, not kidding!

My last trip to Colombia in October, I gained 20lbs, I just lost all of it last month, and going for more FAT loss. Go Figure.

I just do not train as intense or eat as healthy when I am in Colombia, only in USA. Keep in mind, I did not eat any oft he crap I mentioned above, I ate a lot of fruits, but ate bread, and rice more - whoop, 20lbs on at a snap of a finger in Colombia, AND THAT'S HAVING SEX ALMOST EVERY NIGHT FOR HOURS!

Mixx

I also gain weight in Colombia. Every breakfast is eggs, hot chocolate (lots of sugar), and arepa de chocolo. I had to get a gym put in my place just to survive. In Colombia, especially in Medellin, they are partying every weekend. How many calories are in 2 bottles of agurdiente red top? The amount of rice and beans that I eat here is insane. My problem is that I love the food, go figure...

Quote: (02-19-2012 01:38 PM)MiXX Wrote:  

Quote: (02-19-2012 12:50 PM)beta_plus Wrote:  

in her defense she had seen a dietician and realized that the Colombian diet would not work in America.

You mean Rice, Beans, carbs, starches, and sugary soft drinks would not work in N. America? How ironic.

The colombian diet is: A colombian soda pop (called Postobon) They drink this daily like it was water, if a POstobn is not readily available, coca-cola IS NEXT ON THE LIST. They have REGULAR COCA-COLA FOR BREAKFAST INSTEAD OF COFFEE!! A ton of white rice, beans, LOTS OF RED MEAT, BREAD in the morning with Coffee and a ton of whole Milk and REGULAR SUGAR,and Bunuelos in the morning. Bunuelos are Greasy potato balls. Lastly, arepas with margarine and cheese. They love this SHIT like crack addicts!

Let me not even get started on the amount of BEER they chug down with those soft drinks!

I NEVER see anyone in Colombia with a bottle of water in their hands walking the streets - EVER, and I'm going back to 1996! I do see Beer, A sugary soft drink called "Postobon", and a Bunuelo in their hands EVERYWHERE!

Yeah, you're right, that diet would definitely not work in N. America.

Mixx

Of course you are right about all of this....but aside from walking a lot more than the average american their food portions are in general a lot smaller...a bottle of postobon wouldn't fill up half of a Big Gulp or a super sized soft drink at McD's.

Quote: (02-19-2012 05:49 PM)Gringuito Wrote:  

I also gain weight in Colombia. Every breakfast is eggs, hot chocolate (lots of sugar), and arepa de chocolo. I had to get a gym put in my place just to survive. In Colombia, especially in Medellin, they are partying every weekend. How many calories are in 2 bottles of agurdiente red top? The amount of rice and beans that I eat here is insane. My problem is that I love the food, go figure...

They sell a sugar-free version of aguadiente...which tastes exactly the same as the original version (like crap) but I'm sure it has a lot less calories.

Quote: (02-19-2012 01:48 PM)MiXX Wrote:  

Quote: (02-19-2012 01:43 PM)LowerCaseG Wrote:  

they have a right to be worried about getting fat in America. They do eat an inordinate amount of potato chips.

So, you actually saying that being in N. America is the blame, not the ridiculous amount of Potato Chips, Soda, and beer and a LOT less exercise? interesting. [Image: dodgy.gif]

Mixx

If I had to boil it down to a sentence I would say its cultural. And the difference in climate (Northeast US) doesnt help.

Quote: (02-19-2012 08:52 PM)WEDO Wrote:  

They sell a sugar-free version of aguadiente...which tastes exactly the same as the original version (like crap)

[Image: lol.gif] Funny!

Mixx

Quote: (02-19-2012 08:52 PM)WEDO Wrote:  

Quote: (02-19-2012 05:49 PM)Gringuito Wrote:  

They sell a sugar-free version of aguadiente...which tastes exactly the same as the original version (like crap) but I'm sure it has a lot less calories.

The reason for that is because the sugar-free version reduces hangovers. Apparently, the sugar is what causes them in aguardiente.

Personally, I like the licorice-flavored Colombian drink. Absolutely necessary in Colombia just like Cachaca is in Brazil.

They say Brazil is becoming more westernized than Colombia at a faster rate. But in the getting chunky rate, it seemed even to me and less so in some regions of Brazil.

I've lost weight in almost a year here, mainly because my kitchen is under equipped and I don't like most of the food here (notable exceptions, the fruit, any chicken especially fried, ajiaco, and hand rolled empanadas). Italian food here is atrocious. Pizza crust and most baked goods is solid bit sauce is like you d get in a can of spaghettios and cheese, especially good cheese is unimpressive. Ingredients are great and cheap though so if you can cook, you're in luck

The biggest reason they'd have a right to complain is the amount of processed food in the states. People very very rarely eat out of a box and there isn't nearly as many awful corporate restaurants here and Colombians don't frequent em too much. I I agine that even the non USA fast old is far lest processed. This isn't everything but it's someing.

White rice is like sticking your tongue out the window and to me, most Colombian food is under seasoned. Don't get me started on arenas without cheese or anything.

People here also seem to consider fruits the same as vegetables. I can count on one hand the amount of times in a year I've seen someone with a decent serving of a green vegetable.

It's not all the fault of US food, but it is somewhat to blame, as well as not pragmatically walking nearly as much, like it was mentioned earlier

Quote: (02-20-2012 10:57 AM)rinestone Wrote:  

I've lost weight in almost a year here

Tell us more about this Rinsetone. What city? How are you living there for 1 year? Work-Visa? Married to a Colombiana?

Do you have a Colombina cedula de extranjeria?

I'm curious how you are managing to live there, and find employment, get housing, etc.

Last, bust out an updated data-sheet on your city for us player! C'mon!

Mixx

Quote: (02-19-2012 03:19 PM)Roosh Wrote:  

My two cents:

I know two brazilian girls (sisters) that moved permanently to the US.

Both were pretty decent when they lived here.

One of them that is living in Ft Lauderdale is fat , she destroyed herself . Got married with an American btw.

The other one lives in NY , aslo married an American and has 2 kids , but she was able to keep a slim, decent body.

Maybe in NY there are more options to eat healthy? Or it all comes down to personal choices?

It seems clear to me that in the US with all the cheap fast food you need much more power of will to stay fit than anywhere else in the world, because junk food is so cheap & easy there.

Chicks need to be on rotation like a Netflix queue

Ha!

Yes the diet is awful here. Can, tell you the difficulty in getting hold of un-sweetened bread!

I actually lost weight travelling through Colombia, but that was more to do with following a paleolithic diet 6 days a week and lots of foot fall moving around.

Given how important nutrition is in physique how the girls stay on top of it is a right mystery.

But the fruit and veg is good. I literally had to stand over a sink with mangos, thety were that juiy!. And it was good to see peppers apples and such that having been injected with pesticides to give the perfect colour. Really did feel the diferernce in wellbeing.

I am no gentleman

Quote: (02-20-2012 11:13 AM)Mr.GM Wrote:  

My two cents:

One of them that is living in Ft Lauderdale is fat , she destroyed herself . Got married with an American btw.

The other one lives in NY , aslo married an American and has 2 kids , but she was able to keep a slim, decent body.

Maybe in NY there are more options to eat healthy? Or it all comes down to personal choices?

It seems clear to me that in the US with all the cheap fast food you need much more power of will to stay fit than anywhere else in the world, because junk food is so cheap & easy there.

I am surprised it's not the other way around. Fort Lauderdale is a BEACH CITY. Everything to do centers around being on the ocean and having a beach body. It is also very hot most of the year, its 28C right now! In NY it's 2C right now! IN the summer, it gets hotter!

I could imagine that NYC girls are fatter than South Florida girls because of all the cold weather most of the year, juts like I was told Chicago is!

Mixx

Quote: (02-20-2012 11:07 AM)MiXX Wrote:  

Quote: (02-20-2012 10:57 AM)rinestone Wrote:  

I've lost weight in almost a year here

Tell us more about this Rinsetone. What city? How are you living there for 1 year? Work-Visa? Married to a Colombiana?

Yes, two 3 month tourist visa and now a work visa.

Do you have a Colombina cedula de extranjeria?

Yeah, I got my cedula shortly after my visa

I'm curious how you are managing to live there, and find employment, get housing, etc.

I got a job teaching which moved into management and now appears to be falling apart altogether. Which really is fine by me. I just wanted a visa- I'm a copywriter in the US so I can live anywhere. Obviously even a reduced American income lined up with Colombian cost of living makes a world of sense. When I tell people in the US what my rent is they want to vomit.

Last, bust out an updated data-sheet on your city for us player! C'mon!

I'm in bogota now but moving to Medellin in a mon and a half.

I can't think of much to say that up i havent already said or hasn't already been said about bogota or Medellin. Best I can probably do is point out some things that seem to bee conventional wisdom but i might disagree with

- 'cold' is a relative term. I'm from the northeast, bogota isn't cold to me. It is rainy though. Medellin actually runs a little hot to me, given that you can't really wear shorts or flip flops

- I don't consider CCupid to be a waste of time at all, especially if you're Spanish isn't yet fluent (I get by okay, but am not fluent. Conversational maybe is the right word?)

- I think e backlash on Medellin has gone a little far. Having locals as friends and a good story to tell (ie, being able to say you have an apartment not just passing through helps). When talking to Colombians, I never try to contradict the (accurate) stereotype of gringos in Medellin. Better to concede the point and then undersell a statement that you however, are not one of those.

- prepagos are everywhere but it doesn't have to be an all or nothing proposition with you either p4p or finding a nice girl. You can spring for a couple of bandeja paisas, have her over, and stick her in a cab when you're done. Not the worst arrangement.

Mixx

Quote: (02-20-2012 11:22 AM)MiXX Wrote:  

Quote: (02-20-2012 11:13 AM)Mr.GM Wrote:  

My two cents:

I am surprised it's not the other way around. Fort Lauderdale is a BEACH CITY. Everything to do centers around being on the ocean and having a beach body. It is also very hot most of the year, its 28C right now! In NY it's 2C right now! IN the summer, it gets hotter!

I could imagine that NYC girls are fatter than South Florida girls because of all the cold weather most of the year, juts like I was told Chicago is!

Mixx

Oh, didn't know that Ft Lauderdale was a beach city. Probably she is a lazy pig then. [Image: banana.gif]

or the NY husband is alpha (demands his wife to be fit) and the Florida guy is a beta provider suburbian-dad type.

Chicks need to be on rotation like a Netflix queue

Rinestone, how long is your work visa? I always get the 2 years visas and I've had to renew 3 times. Did you get a longer one?