rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The American way of eating.

Just read this article on Applebees restaurant in the USA...I've never heard of them but their growth is phenomenal:

"By the time the company went public in 1989, there were one hundred Applebee’s in the country; in 1999, there were 1,000 all over the globe. "

Apparently they're in Brazil and Lebanon,a huge franchise operation.

Anyone visited this establishment? Is it contributing to the fatty epidemic?

The dishes listed sounded pretty good to be honest!

http://www.slate.com/articles/life/food/...bee_s.html

Middle-scale sitdown restaurants like Applebee's, Olive Garden, Chili's, etc. are often just as terrible offenders as fast food like McDonald's. Huge portions, low-quality ingredients, excessive salt and fat, etc.

Cheesecake Factory was ranked as the most unhealthy restaurant out there, last year or the year before. I've never had their food, but I have drank a few pints at their bar - and let me tell you, even the lunch salads look sizable enough to feed three or four people.

Quote: (02-16-2014 01:05 PM)jariel Wrote:  
Since chicks have decided they have the right to throw their pussies around like Joe Montana, I have the right to be Jerry Rice.

Quote: (02-16-2012 02:42 PM)MSW2007 Wrote:  

even the lunch salads look sizable enough to feed three or four people.

It would not be a bad thing if it was pure green, raw spinach, but they do add a ton of things in there that increase those calories by a landslide. Their SMALL Cesar salad with chicken is a WHOPPING 980 Calories!! You may as well go eat a Big mac, fries and a large coke!!!

http://www.cheesecakefactorynutrition.co...chart.php?

however, because it has the MAGIC WORDS "SMALL salad" in it, people think it's ok to eat the whole thing, and order an entree!!

Mixx

Applebees is a shithole American turn-n-burn.

All the food comes in cans, bags, or boxes, made with chemicals in a factory somewhere in probably bumfuck Missouri Any restaurant thats in more then two states is shit.

Chef In Jeans
A culinary website for men

In America, if you eat healthy, it becomes an issue.

Dave Tate has a nice rant about this:

• You ever go out with a bunch of people for dinner when you're dieting? Isn't that a fucked up situation?

Let's say you're at a table with seven people and everyone's ordering their food. You're at the end so you're ordering last. They're getting ribs, chicken strips, spaghetti, and whatever. No one in the group cares what they're ordering. The conversation stays the same. Then it comes to you and your first question is, "How do you prepare your chicken breasts?"

People start looking at you.

Then you order two plain chicken breasts with a side of broccoli with no butter or seasoning. The waiter writes it down and off he goes to the kitchen. Now everyone's looking at you like you're a freak.

They didn't care that your other friend was eating ribs. They didn't say shit when the guy ordered his chicken strips. So how is your meal selection any different? It blows my mind.

If you ordered something that was complete shit, no one would say anything. But because you ordered something to help you achieve a goal, it's a problem. And now for the next ten minutes you're having that stupid fucking conversation.

Quote: (02-16-2012 03:53 PM)MikeCF Wrote:  

In America, if you eat healthy, it becomes an issue.

Dave Tate has a nice rant about this:

• You ever go out with a bunch of people for dinner when you're dieting? Isn't that a fucked up situation?

Let's say you're at a table with seven people and everyone's ordering their food. You're at the end so you're ordering last. They're getting ribs, chicken strips, spaghetti, and whatever. No one in the group cares what they're ordering. The conversation stays the same. Then it comes to you and your first question is, "How do you prepare your chicken breasts?"

People start looking at you.

Then you order two plain chicken breasts with a side of broccoli with no butter or seasoning. The waiter writes it down and off he goes to the kitchen. Now everyone's looking at you like you're a freak.

They didn't care that your other friend was eating ribs. They didn't say shit when the guy ordered his chicken strips. So how is your meal selection any different? It blows my mind.

If you ordered something that was complete shit, no one would say anything. But because you ordered something to help you achieve a goal, it's a problem. And now for the next ten minutes you're having that stupid fucking conversation.

Mike, I always think of that stuff as the Crab mentality. Most people don't want to see you try to improve. Maybe they don't want to be reminded about their own inadequacies.

We see the same thing from family/friends who secretly love the idea of traveling around the world and banging foreign women. They hate on you because they envy you.

Hell, I had to cut off people because of their negativity.

According to most, you have to get married, settle down and have kids. I would rather cut my throat then be boxed in to an endless routine of car pooling, soccer games and banging a women who's waist measurements seem to be changing every year of marriage.

Trying to break outside the norms of society will always lead to jealousy. They couldn't do it so why would they want to see you do it.

Quote: (02-16-2012 04:02 PM)worldwidetraveler Wrote:  

We see the same thing from family/friends who secretly love the idea of traveling around the world and banging foreign women. They hate on you because they envy you.

Hell, I had to cut off people because of their negativity.

Haaaallllellllujah!! Someone that gets the same shit I do!!

Mixx

I tried it last year in New York and haven't appreciate it . To be honest, Most of you have probably see the difference between your food and other country's food when your traveling . The majority of your restaurant have a taste for greesy and everything is fried . Not only that but your fast food are not like other countrys. You have way bigger portion and more calories in your food .

This thread should be called "The Obese Americans Way of Eating".

Not all of us eat that way. Its only the unmotivated, unfocused, junk food addicts who eat this garbage. Junk food is like drug for them. They get addicted. Its a vicious cycle. I admit, thats about 75% of us. But, the other 25% are some of baddest motherfuckers on the planet.

Including most of the top players on this forum.

We know that...

-Health is wealth
-Food is medicine
-Looks count
-"An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure"
-If you take care of yourself you can bang 24 year olds well into your 40's or 50's

And, yes, thats makes us outcasts.

We are not the norm. We are not average.

Success breeds hate.

Quote: (02-16-2012 04:39 PM)Giovonny Wrote:  

Not all of us eat that way. Its only the unmotivated, unfocused, junk food addicts who eat this garbage. Junk food is like drug for them. They get addicted. Its a vicious cycle.

Sorry, player, but our country men and women are fat.
http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/fastats/overwt.htm
Percent of adults age 20 years and over who are obese: 33.9% (2007-2008)
Percent of adults age 20 years and over who are overweight (and not obese): 34.4
% (2007-2008)

That's two-in-three.

Eating healthy is downright unamerican.

-If you take care of yourself you can bang 24 year olds well into your 40's or 50's

But in our countries, i.e. the UK and the USA, do guys of that age range really put these girls away?

Say the money is a given, not Donald Trump and in excellent shape for their age, can a guy continue to pull this off well into his 40s and 50s and pull tail in their 20s on the regular...in the Anglosphere?

And yes I concur with Mike, there's a lot of fatties here in the UK too. Just serves to inflate egos of the pretty ones.

Not all of us eat that way. Its only the unmotivated, unfocused, junk food addicts who eat this garbage. Junk food is like drug for them. They get addicted. Its a vicious cycle. I admit, thats about 75% of us. But, the other 25% are some of baddest motherfuckers on the planet.

Including most of the top players on this forum.

True Dat, I don't fucking eat that way, and nobody in my entire family does either!! Not one person in my family is Obese, not 1!

My brother,25, is fucking rippppeeedd to shreds!! I'm a 33" waist size in jeans/pants.

Mixx

I'm on a GI diet, have been for a year. While I mainly surround myself with tolerant I have lost count of how many times I've heard the line "diet? But you look great you don't need to diet".

It's like simple cause and effect logic stops existing the second it comes to food...

Quote: (02-16-2012 04:46 PM)MikeCF Wrote:  

Sorry, player, but our country men and women are fat.

Your right. I updated my post with this..

I admit, thats about 75% of us. But, the other 25% are some of baddest motherfuckers on the planet.

Quote: (02-16-2012 04:39 PM) Wrote:  

If you take care of yourself you can bang 24 year olds well into your 40's or 50's

Quote: (02-16-2012 04:53 PM)dk902 Wrote:  

But in our countries, i.e. the UK and the USA, do guys of that age range really put these girls away?

I personally know four guys in their 40's who consistently pull hot women in their 20's. Are they good looking? They are definitely above average. Are they in good shape? Yes. Do they have money? They are above average. Do they have Game? They are well above average.

And, I know one 53yo who does pretty well with the late 20's early 30's crowd.

So, I guess what I'm saying is don't be average.

P.S. I know for a fact that my dad banged a 17yo and a 21yo when he was 44.

Quote: (02-16-2012 06:30 PM)Giovonny Wrote:  

Your right. I updated my post with this..

Hah. Nice update.

We are in our own little bubble. We are not America.

Taking care of your body, eating healthy, not watching TV...That makes you outside of the mainstream.

In real life, tell someone you can go out any night of the week, and pull ass, and they'll think you're crazy or lying.

"Women are a mystery."

No.

We are truly a minority.

I dont cut people out who give me shit about eating and being healthy, I keep them even closer, I Rub that shit in. When I see they eating chips and ice cream I sneer and shake my head. I make them leave me because they cant deal with the guilt. No quarter for fatties.

Chef In Jeans
A culinary website for men

"P.S. I know for a fact that my dad banged a 17yo and a 21yo when he was 44."

I hope it wasn't your girlfriend!! [Image: smile.gif]

I eat chips, pizza, ice cream, drink gallons of soda, etc and laugh at those that "can't".

It's great having a high metabolism.

This sums it up:

[Image: attachment.jpg4783]   

NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM.

There is nothing wrong with eating Applebees or other fast food once in a while. The problem is so many people dont understand that shit is a treat. Once in a while isn't going to hurt you, but it shouldn't be common place. Getting your kids a happy meal for one or two meals a month is fine, but stop feeding the poor bastards that shit 4x a week.

My mom cooked me eggs and toast for breakfast ad a kid, sandwichs for lunch, and steakand broccoli for dinner. I'm so glad she did because I have always been in the habit of eating whole foods, and not shit from a box. Not that I ate super healthy as a kid, but it was sooo much better than what many moms feed their children. Nothing pisses me off more than seeing fat parents take their poor fat children to Taco Bell. They should be arrested for that shit.

I believe eating at these restaurants, like RioNomad, says, once a great while won't hurt you. I mean like, maybe once a month. This can be grouped with eating fast food or other taboo restaurants. I personally, try to eat at home as much as possible, as i can prepare healthy meals that are low in calories, high in protein, and fiber. I don't think you can have a perfect diet all the time, that once in a while almost all of cheat a little. But its how you control yourself overall. Portion control, calorie control, balanced diet, and minimal carbs are just a part of my everyday lifestyle. I do believe in the long run i will be healthier, live longer, and look younger. THIS IS WORTH MUCH MORE, than having an unhealthy meal at these places.

Quote: (02-17-2012 12:10 AM)RioNomad Wrote:  

There is nothing wrong with eating Applebees or other fast food once in a while. The problem is so many people dont understand that shit is a treat. Once in a while isn't going to hurt you, but it shouldn't be common place. Getting your kids a happy meal for one or two meals a month is fine, but stop feeding the poor bastards that shit 4x a week.

My mom cooked me eggs and toast for breakfast ad a kid, sandwichs for lunch, and steakand broccoli for dinner. I'm so glad she did because I have always been in the habit of eating whole foods, and not shit from a box. Not that I ate super healthy as a kid, but it was sooo much better than what many moms feed their children. Nothing pisses me off more than seeing fat parents take their poor fat children to Taco Bell. They should be arrested for that shit.

It makes fat people look fatter when their kids are skinny. A skinny kid is proof that genetics aren't at fault, but rather the stupid, fat lazy parent's piss poor decisions. Thus the trips to Taco Bell. So, NOM NOM NOM away.

Quote: (02-17-2012 12:10 AM)RioNomad Wrote:  

Absolutely. I get a craving for fast food every couple weeks for some reason, so I'll hit up Burger King about once a month or so, and every time I do that, I feel like shit for the rest of the day.

I completely agree with you about the parents feeding their kids fast food all the time. Can't fucking stand seeing that shit either. When I need some quick lunch during work, I usually hit up Subway since you can actually see what's going into your sandwich, and you can load that fucker up with veggies. Every time I drive by a McDonalds or something during lunchtime, I just get grossed out when I see how long the drive-thru line is.

I rolled through a Chili's (sort of like Applebee's, I believe) in New Hampshire last year on a road trip with some buddies. We hadn't eaten in ~8 hours and we were starving. What's the reasonable thing to do when you're really hungry at a restaurant? Order an appetizer and a main. Hell, here in Thailand I usually have to get two mains if it's a post-training meal.

Me and my mates each ordered a plate of chicken wings as an app, and various mains. I don't even remember what I ordered because I barely touched it.

I am 6'3, 200lbs. At the time I was like 220-230. I've always been a big eater. And like I said, I hadn't eaten all day and was starving.

I COULD BARELY FINISH A CHILI'S APPETIZER

All around us were people (mostly fat) who we watched put back a full appetizer, that would probably feed a family of four at most people's dinners, and then a main course. Of course, then there's dessert. And 3-5 litres of coke to wash it down.

I had always known on an intellectual level that middle America ate like shit, but I had never experienced it so viscerally. It was like reading about the holocaust Vs. visiting a concentration camp.

Blog: Thumotic
Red Pill links: The Red Pill Review
Follow me on Twitter

Let's do a little math here;

Boneless buffalo chicken wings (what I had) = 1500 Calories

Main courses = 1500-2200 Calories

Desserts = 1000 Calories

3x Coca-Cola = ~800 Calories

So grand total for a 'complete' meal looks to be over five thousand fucking calories.

For sedentary people.

Whatever problems it has, the US health care system is a miracle for keeping these people alive through their thirties.

http://www.chilis.com/EN/LocationSpecifi...eneric.pdf

Blog: Thumotic
Red Pill links: The Red Pill Review
Follow me on Twitter