rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Another Bogota Data Sheet

Theres already a lot of great info about Bogota on the forum, so this sheet wont be too extensive but will inform you guys of some cool places that I went and people I met during my month long stay there.

There seems to be two places that most people stay in while in Bogota; Zona Rosa/Parque 93 and Candelaria, however, I found another cool barrio to stay in (I think member Ajiaco mentioned it before) and that is CHAPINERO.

This is a cool neighbourhood with a good amount of cafes, bars and small clubs, it also has a very large student population and is home to several Spanish language schools. Chapinero is the LGBT neighborhood of Bogota, so that may put some guys off, I thought it added to the eclectic, funky mix that makes the area so cool. Lots of trendy clothing stores, tailors, dance schools, tattoo parlours, etc.

I spent most of my time between carerra 7 and Avenida Caracas (do not venture west of Caracas after dark unless you want to get stabbed by a tranny hooker!) east to west and calles 50 to 72 north to south.

In a previous thread (Flying to Bogota tomorrow, any pointers?), I had asked if anyone knew if Bogota had a metal or skateboard scene, no one got back to me on that one (although the other info was mint) but I am happy to report to my fellow punk rocker metal heads, Bogota is HEAVY METAL HEAVEN!!!!! Many times I saw hot girls walking down the street wearing Slayer or Misfits tees, if you like to wear leather, spikes, long hair, etc, you will not be out of place in this town! Bogota is also home to ROCK AL PARQUE, a 3 day out door, FREE metal concert in July, Im thinking of coming back just to go! Bogota doesnt have a big hip hop scene, I met only one rap fan, more on him later.

I honestly didnt do too much partying in Bogota, my main goal was school and studying Spanish. The BEST place to go out in Chapinero is calle 51 and septima, theres about 6 bars right on this one block, I forget all the names but one is called Guadelaupe, another Suko and Colombia Beer House (I think), anyway, go there on a Friday afternoon at 1700 and you will see a a tonne of Bogota uni students getting pissed drunk, good times!

I went out a couple other nights for a few pints in Zona Rosa area (nothing special, Bogota Beer Company and an Irish Pub, both nice but a bit pricey), same deal in Parque 93, nothing too crazy.

However, I am happy to report that I went to both Andres Carne de Res , the one in Zona Rosa and the one in Chia (again props to G for the recommendation). The one in ZR is 5 levels and the one in Chia is one level but very long, they are both awesome experiences; lots of singing, dancing, eating and drinking. Not a cheap place to go (taxi cost 80K one way to Chia) but I would say its money well spent and an experience I wont soon forget!

I dont think anyone else on here has wrote about Bogota´s red light district, or ¨Zona de tolerencia¨ called Sante Fe, but I checked it out, so heres the deal: this place is fucking rough boys, dont go there alone and if youre rolling in a group, make sure one guy speaks decent Spanish (best to have a local tour guide, more on that later!). Basically its a run down part of town near centro full of strip joints, hookers and other various riff raff and dregs of society. I never saw a person sniffing solvents out of a bag until I went there and that chick was standing beside a teeny bopper prostitute who couldnt have been over 15, I dont really like seeing that kind of shit. We did go into a few strip clubs and they are fukcing wild (well compared to what Im used to back home), the strippers take guys outta the crowd onto the stage and suck them off and fuck them infront of everyone, for free! Also, they have rooms upstairs and you can screw these chicks (some are VERY hot) for 50K, I didnt partake but its definitely available and in your face. Also, seen quite a few people doing bumps in the washrooms, so that gear is definitely available too.

So the only hip hop head I met in Bogota is a super cool brother named Sio who runs the New Era barber shop in Chapinero (calle 55 10-92), he speaks perfect English because he grew up in Jackson Heights NYC and moved to Bogota 3 years ago. The walls of his shop are plastered with pics of hip hop legends and the shop is always blasting Biggie, Wu Tang, Mobb Deep,etc. He took me out to Sante Fe and introduced me to a tailor, showed me around Chapinero and helped me out a lot when I needed help with English Spanish stuff and of course gave me a nice haircut for 8K. If any of you guys are in Bogota and need an English speaking guy to help you out, go to his shop, just tell him your friend from Nova Scotia sent you, he´s expecting you guys!

About the girls, basically everything on this forum and in Bang Colombia about the Rola women is true, I actually had a good time with the ones I met. I relied soley on internet through colombia cupid, not the best talent but I met some nice chicks, got to practice my Spanish a lot and ended up shagging two. You can find English speaking girls here but speaking Spanish WILL definitely make your experience much more enjoyable!

I REALLY like Bogota, its a super cool city with loads of interesting sites to see, things to do and good nightlife, its definitely a cosmopolitan city. However, the weather can be shitty (lots of rain but as a Canadian I liked the more mild temps) and pollution from cars takes getting used to. People say that its dirty (some parts are for sure) but for my first South American city, I thought it was rather clean and I actually like graffiti murals everywhere. The richer parts of the city (ZR, Parque 93, Unicentro) and nicer and cleaner than many cities in NA/Europe that I've been to and the people are very well dressed and seem very well to do.

If you're thinking of going to Colombia, I highly recommend Bogota and all of the touristic sites as well (Montseratte, Botero and Oro museums, Andres, etc).

adios!

Thats the first datasheet about Bogota that i read on here and is making me wanting to fly there, it sounds like my kinda of scene.

Scotian thanks for sharing more info about your travels, you really contribute for this forum.

Just one more question - Do you see many black girls or mullatas in Bogota? Do they have nice or phat asses? (you can compare them with jamaican girls and tell me who are hotter in terms of body)

Scotian, you and Ajiaco are impressive with the intel you share on the forum on Bogota.

I hear a rumor that CHAPINERO is a gay neighborhood from a Rolo buddy of mine, is this true? Making gay friends locally can be a valuable investment as they tend to have extremely hot GF's.

Mixx

Quote: (02-08-2012 11:07 AM)pitt Wrote:  

Thats the first datasheet about Bogota that i read on here and is making me wanting to fly there, it sounds like my kinda of scene.

Scotian thanks for sharing more info about your travels, you really contribute for this forum.

Just one more question - Do you see many black girls or mullatas in Bogota? Do they have nice or phat asses? (you can compare them with jamaican girls and tell me who are hotter in terms of body)

LOL Pitt, you and your inevitable phat booty question! I knew I should have added it, this should be standard for all future data sheets, does the city pass Pitt's phat booty test?

Well, Bogota is home to some might fine booty, especially compared to what I'm used to in Canada, however, as I'm sure most forum members who've been to Colombia will agree, the best booty is found elsewhere such as the city that I'm currently in Cali. Sir Mix-a-Lot would definitely love this place, I've never seen so much as here and its not just the Afro-Colombian women. Also, considering the fact that this is plastic surgery paradise (yes fake ass implants),Pitt, I think you will be in heaven here in Cali, just brush up on the salsa and Spanish dude. Although I really like Jamaican girls, the ones in Colombia are better because of the variety available here.

As far as black or mulatta girls go, you'll see some in Bogota but I'd look elsewhere (Valle de Cuaca; Cali, Buenaventura, etc) if thats what you're looking for! Also, the info that guys like Mixx write about the Bogota women being more plain Jane looking and a bit less approachable is, of course, SPOT ON, so far I find the Cali women to be much more easy going and generally nicer.

Another thing that I forgot to add in my OP, guys it took me awhile, about 3 weeks, to hit my stride here in Colombia. If its your first time in a Latin American country, don't underestimate the culture shock and initial adjustment to the way things are here. Especially if you're Spanish isn't all that great (like mine was), don't expect to be picking up fly women with ease (unless of course your name is Dash Global, but come on, we aren't all superstars like that guy!). In my other Bogota thread, Roosh recommended 2 weeks of intensive Spanish classes, which I did, that help me tremendously, +1 amigo.

Overall, I wouldn't come to Bogota for just a week with the sole intention of gaming the local women, come here to see the city, all the tourist sites, etc. Also, the Spanish in Bogota is very clear and I 100% recommend it as a city to take Spanish classes in, for me it was a great city to begin my 3 month Colombia trip!

Quote: (02-08-2012 11:09 AM)MiXX Wrote:  

Scotian, you and Ajiaco are impressive with the intel you share on the forum on Bogota.

I hear a rumor that CHAPINERO is a gay neighborhood from a Rolo buddy of mine, is this true? Making gay friends locally can be a valuable investment as they tend to have extremely hot GF's.

Mixx

Yes Mixx your buddy is right, Chapinero is full of queers! Its home to one of the biggest (maybe THE biggest?) gay night club in all of South America and there are many other gay hangouts in the area.

You will get eyeballed a bit if you're good looking and well dressed but nothing too aggressive, it didn't bother me at all, I think most of us guys on this forum are comfortable enough with our sexuality that being around gay men is no big deal and like you say, they can be good wing men!

You'll see a similar area (except its way more gay) when you go to Montreal called "Beaudry", in Ville-Marie near Berrie-UQAM metro station. At night you'll see guys walking around in leather ass-less chaps, stuff like that.

Chapinero definitely has a large population, but it's it overwhelming. It reminds me of a smaller scale village in NYC, which has its share of homosexuals as well. Usaquen is also a favorite of mine and there are a tin of places outside of the immediate zona t which are underrated

If you wanna dodge the 80k ride to chia's Andres, take the trans to portal Norte then smaller bus to chia (they leave every five mins), then a quick, cheap cab. Allen, under 10k pesos and not that much longer. There s a great website for transmilenio which really makes it easy to get around, even with banged up English.

http://demo.surumbo.com/index2.php3?doma...rasmilenio

I take it Chia is the preferred location for ARC?

Any merit in saving the scratch/time and hitting the one in Zona Rosa?

Nice post scotian.

I'll pass on a few places. There is a club Candelario in the Candelaria neighborhood that is good on Friday & Saturday night. Also in the Candelaria is a place called Quiebra Canto which is popular on Wednesday night (foreigner night). And yeah...Andres is a blast but you need to go with friends to get the full experience.

One thing that bugs me is that the girls want to know which neighborhood you live right off the bat. I'd equate it to a girl asking what you do in the US. Right now I live in the Candelaria, which is a DLV. It's nothing I can't overcome, but living in the right part of town is part of the game here.

The rolas are definitely not easy. I think that I'm a decent looking and well-dressed guy with decent game and it typically takes me 3 or so dates to bang. I like the girls so it's not a problem, but I can't recommend central and northern Bogota if you wanna fuck fast. You also need to have a good level of spanish, at least intermediate level.

All in all, I enjoy the city. The weather blows and the girls aren't perfect but somehow...it suits me for now.

Quote: (02-08-2012 07:13 PM)PDX Wrote:  

Not sure what 'arc' is but chia andres is better, although zona rosa is real good. Also chia is cheaper then bogota but I don't recall if andres is.

As a note from another post, yes bogota weather is far from perfect but a lot of it is your frame of reference. For those from the Midwest or northeast, it is not cold, just too rainy and that changes month to month.

For me, When it's seventy degrees plus (like Medellin), I want shorts and flip flops but it's not a good idea in non coastal cities or Cali. Just a qualifier that if you're from NYC or similar climate, you will want shorts In a sunny day in bogota (neither common nor recommended) and Medellin will run a little hot with jeans and shorts and flip flops will make u, worst case a target, and best case like a sex tourist.

Quote: (02-09-2012 02:08 AM)rinestone Wrote:  

Quote: (02-08-2012 07:13 PM)PDX Wrote:  

Not sure what 'arc' is but chia andres is better, although zona rosa is real good.

Meant "ACR". But you're on point.

Quote: (02-08-2012 11:48 PM)arafat scarf Wrote:  

Nice post scotian.

I'll pass on a few places. There is a club Candelario in the Candelaria neighborhood that is good on Friday & Saturday night. Also in the Candelaria is a place called Quiebra Canto which is popular on Wednesday night (foreigner night). And yeah...Andres is a blast but you need to go with friends to get the full experience.

One thing that bugs me is that the girls want to know which neighborhood you live right off the bat. I'd equate it to a girl asking what you do in the US. Right now I live in the Candelaria, which is a DLV. It's nothing I can't overcome, but living in the right part of town is part of the game here.

The rolas are definitely not easy. I think that I'm a decent looking and well-dressed guy with decent game and it typically takes me 3 or so dates to bang. I like the girls so it's not a problem, but I can't recommend central and northern Bogota if you wanna fuck fast. You also need to have a good level of spanish, at least intermediate level.

All in all, I enjoy the city. The weather blows and the girls aren't perfect but somehow...it suits me for now.

In your experience, what are the good neighborhoods? I get this question a lot too but I'm in mazuren, which is a good neighborhood, close to cedritos in the north. Calle 150. It also seems like a way for people here to flesh out the gringos here for prostitutes and drugs. If u can says live in a neighborhood, rather then a hostel, hotel, or something temporary it helps.

A forum member PM's me for info about where I stayed in Bogota, but his PM is disabled so I can't send him a reply, hopefully you see this dude:

contact Juan Pablo at (5) 318 261 67 85 he speaks some English but better to talk in Spanish if you can

or email him at [email protected]

website is http://www.amoblado.com

Adios!

How much were your Spanish classes?

Quote: (02-14-2012 11:04 PM)scotian Wrote:  

A forum member PM's me for info about where I stayed in Bogota, but his PM is disabled so I can't send him a reply, hopefully you see this dude:

contact Juan Pablo at (5) 318 261 67 85 he speaks some English but better to talk in Spanish if you can

or email him at [email protected]

website is http://www.amoblado.com

Adios!

Scotian,

Thanks, that was me. I just changed my profile so I can recieve PMs.

Joe

I'm hitting Bogota in about a week and am going to be there for new years. Already have a place lined up for a few nights, but I was wondering if there are any budget hotels for under 50 bucks a night?

I'd be interested in a place that I can get for possibly a week at a reduced rate, either in Zona Rosa, chapinero, or perhaps Candelaria.

Also, @ Scotian, did you find a nice furnished apartment in chapinero, or did you share a place?

Nobody bothers reading old data sheets. Colombia is not the place to party for NYE. They typically spend NYE with family at a finca or in their homes. Trust me, I have been living here in medellin since July. I have asked countless people from colleagues to strippers. NYE is a family thing here.

Yeah, it's the start of a two month trip there, plus it was the only decently priced way to get there was to fly in at that time.

Quote: (12-24-2013 02:55 AM)Tenerife Wrote:  

I'm hitting Bogota in about a week and am going to be there for new years. Already have a place lined up for a few nights, but I was wondering if there are any budget hotels for under 50 bucks a night?

I'd be interested in a place that I can get for possibly a week at a reduced rate, either in Zona Rosa, chapinero, or perhaps Candelaria.

Also, @ Scotian, did you find a nice furnished apartment in chapinero, or did you share a place?

In Bogota I always stay in a furnished bachelor apartment (with kitchenette, wi-fi, plasma TV, hot water, etc) in Chapinero, its a decent place and goes for 100K/night, about $55. They don't have a website but if you Google "Apartamentos Living 55" you'll find it.

Tenerife, you should probably reconsider staying in Bogota for long after you arrive, I got there on January 4th two years ago and it wasn't completely dead, but it was definitely quieter until the 2nd week of January. I would suggest staying there for a night or two then taking a bus to Manizales, there's a feria going on there from the 3rd until the 12th, I will likely go there at the beginning of the feria for a few days, I'm thinking of hitting up the Caribbean coast after that for a week or so.

Tomtud is right, from what I heard NYE is pretty quiet in Colombia, I"m not yet sure what I"ll be doing then but I"m at the Feria de Cali now and will be partying my ass off here for the next 5-6 days. I may catch a bus to the Pacific coast for a few days and hang out on a remote beach for a couple of days before hitting up Manizales.

What are your plans for your two months in Colombia?

Thanks for the info!

I might hit up that feria in Manizales, we will see.

My rough plan for Colombia is to do a sweep of Bogota, Cali, and Medellin for at least a few days each, then pick one to stay for longer. Lots of internet game. I may take a two week spanish course, or just take private spanish lessons. Not sure yet.

I am in Bogota now, leaving tomorrow morning. I will write about my experience but not sure I have any great insight that will materially assist others. I will compare to DR as as I have been to DR three times in the last year and it is my only other Latin travel destination thus far. I consider my spanish solid, solid in the sense that I can converse with a lady who speaks no english. But I have noticed on this last trip I have plateaued a bit, not improving much.

I have a total of 9 nights in bogota, I booked an Airbnb apt for the first 5 nights for 60$/night. Nice apartment, large studio, small 1 bed. It has a kitchen but food here is good and cheap, I don't really think a kitchen is a necessity, and I'm not sure inviting a girl over to cook is an efficient use of game credit, at least here in Bogota. it is in Zona T which is the equivalent of a posh yuppie area of a US city. The girls I met seemed to be impressed with where my apartment was. Food here is good and cheap, with a lot of variety. Street food is excellent.

My first impression upon arriving on a Sunday morning was, "wow, way too civilized for my tastes." A couple of streets were blocked off, people were out rollerblading and walking their dogs, similar to what you might see in the US.

Cultivated about 15 #'s from Colombian cupid and about 5 from Badoo. Badoo was surprisingly useless, with 90% of the women not responding at all to my messages. Also, my computer broke while I was in DR previous to Bogota, so I missed out on a lot of pipelineing opportunity, certainly did not maximize it. Also, at least half the girls I spoke to who listed Bogota as their location were out of town on vacation. Seems like most of the working people returned from vacation Monday the 13th, and the students, Monday the 20th. Keep this in mind when traveling.

Note: most girls either work, go to school, or most likely both. They work monday through saturday. They really do not have a lot of free time. Flakiness is a factor, most girls will be 30-45mins late however they seem more reliable than as described in medellin or certainly than in DR. I would not expect a bogota girl to outright no show for a date.

Weather: I heard a lot of complaints about the weather, Weather has been great about 75-80 during the day dropping at night to about 55. It has barely rained at all.

First day sunday, met a girl from CC, went out to eat, saw a site or two, then back to the crib and bang. Bienvenidos a Colombia. Wound up spending the last 4/5 days with this girl. Easy going, didnt care that I may see other girls, didn't ask me for shit. Reliable and generally on time. prob about a 6.5-7. Short and petite.

Monday met up with a girl I know from home who lives in Bog. She had helped me prepare a bit so i felt obligate to take her out. Ended night early and rolled solo ==> which leads to nightlife, which I found to be exceptionally poor. I am already a bit tired of night game. My area is supposed to have nice uppity clubs and bars, but walking around, everything was empty. The places partially filled had large groups of people at tables, did not seems like it was conducive to approaching.

Tuesday met another CC girl....basically a repeat of #1, although this chick was clearly emotionally unstable and crazy. Was glad to get her out in the morning.

Wednesday met up with a super hot 19 YO negrita. But bad logistics and her tia was calling her every 5 minutes. I concluded it would be too much effort to continue to pursue her. if you like negritas, there are not many here in Bogota.

Street talent is bordering on Poor. I would describe the average girl as frumpy. I notice it's a little better today now that everyone is back in town. I would say it is no better than walking in a downtown area of a US city. If you are a cold approach machine I would recommend pursuing girls who work in clothing shops or at the mall. But not much on the street to turn your head.

There are a lot of universities in town. The students tend to go out for beers from about 5-9, but again, after 930 or so, these places are empty. You can try some cafe's near universities during these hours.

I went with girl #1 to Girardot, which is about 120km from Bogota, a weekend getaway spot for Rolas. It's hot and sultry compared to Bogota's climate. Should be about A 2 hour drive but the traffic is absolutely ridiculous, specifically to get into and out of Bogota. Her uncle gave me his car for the weekend, and we stayed friday night at her grandmother's rustic house with grandma, grandpa, and about 6 other tios tias y primas. She didnt have a problem being intimate with 8 other people in the house??? Hey, I rolled with it. Next day caught a hotel, and went clubbing in Girardot. There is a club called chaos on top of a large hill/small mountain in which bogota's finest tend to frequent on weekends. Was a nice spot, though not full.

I really don't know why this girl is so easy to get along with and agreeable. My assessment is that she is between boyfriends at the moment and loves dick, and she mentioned several times that I behave better than the average gringo. I usually can't spend more than 2 days with someone without getting cranky. Of course I pay for stuff but she never asks me for any regalos or anything like that. That's another difference with DR. These rolas are not the "gimmie gimmie gimmie" types. They tell me the paisas are.

Last night got back to bogota late. We stayed in the equivalent of a love motel/cabanna, whatever you want to call it. However, the room was actually nice and clean, and cheap, comes equipped with a sex bench type contraption. Probably less than 1/2 the price of a similar type room in a legit hotel. Only catch is.....there is no key to your room. You can't really leave and come back. Once you leave, you're out.

Conclusion: Easy to get laid using online resources. If you are looking for exciting nightlife, daygame, and exotic looking women, You should probably look elsewhere. Again, not sure there is anything new here. Will certainly be looking to other spots specifically Cali for the next trip. They do not appear to party as hard here as in DR. Another forum member mentioned that the great thing about DR is it's lawlessness...anything goes. That is not the case here. Happy to answer questions.

A few additional notes:
Girl #1 actually took some initiative to try and set up a threesome without success a couple of times. I didn't even ask, just made a joke about it and she went to it. Girl #2 sounded like she watched too much porno and actually needed to be abused to get off. Point is, more sexually liberated than DR. DR girls are fuck machines but not down for threesomes or super kinky shit from my experience.

Obvious, but girls here are more well rounded and actually have something to talk about in comparison to DR.

I would say DR is better if you are looking to just increase your notch count, Colombia perhaps better if you are looking for more of a GFE. I think being constantly on the hunt would be less rewarding here in Colombia.

Thought you guys might like to know that the UBER car service is in Bogota.
https://www.uber.com/cities/bogota

It is also in Cali.
https://www.uber.com/cities/cali

Looks like it is a bit cheaper to use in Cali.

^^Nice trip report LowercaseG, +1 from me. Can you recommend any big night clubs in the Zona Rosa area of Bogota? I'm leaving Medellin tonight to meet three of my Gringo buddies to party there for a few days, I don't usually go to the big clubs so am unfamiliar with them but I know that those guys will want to hit them up.

Quote: (01-20-2014 11:52 PM)DirectDanger Wrote:  

Thought you guys might like to know that the UBER car service is in Bogota.
https://www.uber.com/cities/bogota

It is also in Cali.
https://www.uber.com/cities/cali

Looks like it is a bit cheaper to use in Cali.

I may have to check this out, hopefully they use bigger cars than the dinky little yellow taxis, thanks for the heads up.

Unfortunately, no I cannot. There are a few clubs around Andino Mall playing loud music....just to the west I believe where there is a rock and roll casino. They looked pretty empty when I was cruising the streets. Only clubs I went to were in Girardot. That whole area seems like a big gringo area. General area is Between carreras 15 and 11, calles 85 and 80. But I wouldn't exactly recommend it. My girl says Andres DC, Hotel V, and Shanghai are the best in zona rosa, and The End, and a disco called Candelario are the also good spots. El Sitio in Parque 93. You can give her a rep point if you get laid.

Another note. I bought an awesome leather jacket for about $90 in an area called el restrepo. Several bogotans advised me it is very dangerous but I didn't notice anything out of the ordinary. There is a large bazaar style market with groceries and live animals, and behind it there is a couple of blocks of leather stores, maybe 15-20 to choose from, they all basically have the same inventory. Their initial asking price was quite reasonable and I was able to negotiate it down another 10-15%. I was advised the same shit in a regular store would be about double the price. You will probably have a hard time finding it. I would recommend taking the transmileno to el restrepo, walk west, and going inside a store to ask where to buy cuero, don't ask someone on the street.