rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

10 k and free time - Any Ideas for courses abroad?
0 k and free time - Any Ideas for courses abroad?
Anyone here knows about interesting courses (besides regular language schools) to do anywhere in the world ? (outside Brazil)

I have around 10k (USD) and I don't have a specific time-limit.
I want to find out the best value for money opportunities out there.

Some background info:

1) It would be great to learn a new skill/job
2) I have EU passport , so I can work freely in Europe.
3) My favorite destinations : United States ,Montreal, France , Spain or Japan.

but its not necessary to be in one of those countries.

Any Ideas ?

Chicks need to be on rotation like a Netflix queue
How about learning nude photography from one of the best in Spain - http://www.hegre-art.com/workshop

Also pickup some Tantra there - http://www.hegre-art.com/tantra

Both pretty awesome lifestyle building skills.

'I blew most of my money on fast cars, booze and women. The rest I squandered' - George Best
Quote: (02-04-2012 06:42 PM)basil Wrote:  

How about learning nude photography from one of the best in Spain -
Also pickup some Tantra there -

OMG, I have just stumbled upon my life purpose,Damn what a life it would be to be a nude photographer.
Learn how to play Flamenco guitar in Spain while taking a Gastronomy and Wine tasting course?
Nude Photography seems great LOL.. I just don't know how can I get money out of it without connections in the business.

Any more ideas about where to learn a new job or skill ?

(Mr.GM and his endless quest for his avatar photo! The BOPE logo seems fitting, let's see who over here will recognize it!)
Look into McGill University (Montreal) courses, if you can. I'm not sure if there are age requirements or whatnot but it's a well regarded university and you'll probably get more skill-education-for-your buck than most American Universities.

Plus, it's located in downtown Montreal so if you get an apartment nearby the logistics for pulling girls should be pretty good, and Montreal has relatively cheap rental rates for one of the nicer cities in North America. The gender ratio at the university is like 60-40 Female to Male so day gaming should probably be easy.
Quote: (02-04-2012 07:40 PM)Explorer2012 Wrote:  

Quote: (02-04-2012 06:42 PM)basil Wrote:  

How about learning nude photography from one of the best in Spain -
Also pickup some Tantra there -

OMG, I have just stumbled upon my life purpose,Damn what a life it would be to be a nude photographer.
No shit. What a great job.
Quote: (02-04-2012 09:10 PM)Mr.GM Wrote:  

Nude Photography seems great LOL.. I just don't know how can I get money out of it without connections in the business.

Any more ideas about where to learn a new job or skill ?

You would be learning from one of the most successful guys in the industry, that is a pretty good connection straight off the bat. Also Mr. GM you didnt mention initially that earning money off it was a priority.
You can sell prints, charge women looking for an ego boost for glamour and nude portraits. Start your own site like Hegre, bit of a saturated market, but its not impossible. Charge aspiring models for head shots.

Come to Australia and learn to work in the mining industry.

Learn to be a bartender in some exotic locations like Kos in Greece and Phuket - http://www.barschool.net/

Learn to run away and join the circus in Melbourne, Australia - http://www.nica.com.au/

Learn to do a bit of cooking in Paris, Madrid, Tokyo or Ottawa - http://www.cordonbleu.edu/

Learn to be a stuntman in America - http://www.stuntschool.com/ or Australia - http://www.stuntacademy.com/

The best value for money however will be staying home and learning the skills free or cheap online/local.

Be a little more specific about what your are looking for, is this a career change, a life skill, something fun. Do you want to get all Eat, Pray, Love?

'I blew most of my money on fast cars, booze and women. The rest I squandered' - George Best
You have 10k saved, you say you want the best value opportunities out there, yet you mentioned some of the most expensive countries in the world.

Why?
How old are you? If you're still in your early 20s go to Aspen and learn to ski or snowboard. You won't regret it. People are always coming in and out from all over the world. Lots of people just come out for 4 months, work, ride, and head back to their countries. Really fun place. And if you want to learn or brush up on your Spanish or Portuguese, aspen is probably one of the best places to practice outside of a portuguese or spanish speaking country. I could speak Portuguese their easily every day.
VALUE for future - Get some training in SAP. Good $$$ given your work experience & location.
FUN - Check out the Surfing thread and go learn that [Image: smile.gif] at one of the places that is affordable and where you can also get some ladies.

The point of modern propaganda isn't only to misinform or push an agenda. It is to exhaust your critical thinking, to annihilate truth.
- Garry Kasparov | ‏@Kasparov63
Quote: (02-05-2012 07:16 AM)xmlenigma Wrote:  

VALUE for future - Get some training in SAP. Good $$$ given your work experience & location.

Wooah... learning SAP beyond end user functions is a pretty tough assignment. SAP mainly makes their money from hiring out developers and consultants using their system because it's so god-damn impossible to develop and adapt.
Quote: (02-05-2012 06:07 AM)Deb Auchery Wrote:  

You have 10k saved, you say you want the best value opportunities out there, yet you mentioned some of the most expensive countries in the world.

Why?

It don't need to be in one of those countries. I just mentioned them as favorites because :

1) I have portuguese citizenship , so that means that I can work and pay course fees as an European , what is an advantage if I choose an EU destination.

2) I live in a developing nation (Brazil) and I know that here the "market" values more if you get education in a developed country than in other developing nation.

But again , I'm open to any interesting opportunities around the world.

You can take a 3-month beginners' course in judo at the Kodokan in Tokyo. The course itself is cheap but the cost of living in Tokyo is extremely high. If you stay for a year, you can get a black belt. The 11-month aikido course at the Honbu Dojo is an option if you want something much more hardcore. I believe that you get a black belt and a teaching certificate after completing the aikido course.
Great Idea about Japan..I'm into martial arts and have practiced Judo and Karate in the past.

Anyway, I've been thinking a lot about photograpy lately , any inputs on this.

Quote: (02-05-2012 07:44 AM)Vicious Wrote:  

Wooah... learning SAP beyond end user functions is a pretty tough assignment. SAP mainly makes their money from hiring out developers and consultants using their system because it's so god-damn impossible to develop and adapt.

Wont be if you get into the Business Functional (non technical) side of it that relates to your CRM/Mktg experience. You can learn it and make big $$. You dont need to learn to code / develop.

The point of modern propaganda isn't only to misinform or push an agenda. It is to exhaust your critical thinking, to annihilate truth.
- Garry Kasparov | ‏@Kasparov63
Quote: (02-05-2012 12:46 PM)xmlenigma Wrote:  

Quote: (02-05-2012 07:44 AM)Vicious Wrote:  

Wont be if you get into the Business Functional (non technical) side of it that relates to your CRM/Mktg experience. You can learn it and make big $$. You dont need to learn to code / develop.

Do you know where I can find SAP courses like this? It isn't very expensive?

Do one of these courses at the LSE ,then return to Sampa and request a huge increase in Salary
Go to the club and have a 10 sit on your lap [Image: smile.gif]

www2.lse.ac.uk/management/executive-programmes/global-mim/home.aspx#overview

http://www.triumemba.org/
Get your scuba instructor certs in Thailand. I believe you can get jobs in lots of exotic locations, even if the pay isn't amazing. Also meet lots of girls on vacation and as their instructor you got some DHV right off the bat.
Do a financial specialization course here:

http://ieb.es/secc.aspx?idsec=22

3,500 euros

Live in Madrid, learn something useful, party, come back to Brazil.
How about studying beer? (microbrewery style)

I think a microbrewery could be a good business in Brazil. All the right conditions are there. It's a template that has already worked well in other countries.
Yup I got a perfectly good idea for you, in fact I might do the same. You can go to Kozminski University in Warsaw,Poland and pursue a Masters degree in finance. Tuition fees are around 3300 Euros and cost of living for 1 year should not be a lot more than 10000 euros.
[/quote]

Come to Australia and learn to work in the mining industry.

Learn to be a bartender in some exotic locations like Kos in Greece and

Learn to run away and join the circus in Melbourne, Australia -

Learn to do a bit of cooking in Paris, Madrid, Tokyo or Ottawa -

Learn to be a stuntman in America -

The best value for money however will be staying home and learning the skills free or cheap online/local.

Be a little more specific about what your are looking for, is this a career change, a life skill, something fun. Do you want to get all Eat, Pray, Love?
[/quote]

Pretty good advice, the only bad one is to learn mining in Australia.
Go to Netanya, Israel and study Krav Maga for a month or two in the summer, when it is packed with hot Israeli chicks.
I did the tour and train course at the IKMF in the winter and it was a great time. Two months training in Israel and you might become a certified Krav Maga instructor and you will learn to kick serious ass.

This is where I went:

kravmaga.co.il/

This is the course I did:

http://www.kravmaga-ikmf.com/showitem.as...F-training