rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Girls that only have male friends?

What do you guys think of girls that don't have many (if any) close girlfriends?

What does it say about them that they don't get along with other girls? Are they better/worse to date or does it not matter? Different game style necessary?

Quote: (09-07-2008 03:58 PM)wintergreen Wrote:  

What do you guys think of girls that don't have many (if any) close girlfriends?

I've run into a number of these at my college, an interesting sort. They're friends with only guys, and other guys-only type girls. I'm thinking specifically of three girls I know like this, though I'm sure I know more. They're all pretty emotionally stable; one is very pretty, petite and feminine, the other two, not so much.

There's also the somewhat androgynous types, who have roughly equal numbers of girl and guy friends. I'm in an open relationship with a girl like this. Upside: fairly emotional stability, downside: not as playful as I'd like, feel like my 'feminine wiles and wit' is stronger than hers. Nerdy girls are often in this category, if they're adroit enough to socialize with guys.

What does it say about them that they don't get along with other girls? Are they better/worse to date or does it not matter? Different game style necessary?

Uh, they're sane. I can't help but think that girls are nuts - notably, liking a guy one second and then never returning his call the next.

They're going to be an easier date, less bullshit and games, but they may also be less feminine and playful. I can't speak to how feminine these girls tend to be, because I don't know enough to generalize. I'm capable of loving only very feminine girls, so I'm at a bit of an impasse.

I always find girls like this to be naive. Most of them believe that these so-called 'guy friends' don't want to get in their pants. I just can't take them seriously because I think they are kidding themselves.

Quote: (09-07-2008 05:16 PM)nwo4life Wrote:  

I always find girls like this to be naive. Most of them believe that these so-called 'guy friends' don't want to get in their pants. I just can't take them seriously because I think they are kidding themselves.

Big Co-Sign.

I think what could set them different from most girls is their ability to reason and not be typically swayed through emotion alone. Don't get me wrong, if the emotions are intense enough they'll react like a typical woman, but unlike most women I don't find them so easily swayed with simple fluctuations in their feelings.

I agree that these types of girls tend to be nerdy, but also perhaps a bit more fun? If you don't mind sharing her attention with other dudes.

I think that typically these kinds of girls will have two types of guys that she hangs out with: The kind she dates, and the kind that will do all the things her boyfriend hates but never get into her pants. Call them alpha and beta males, if you like.

Maybe the alphas are a bit more typically masculine, and the betas are a little effeminate--they will do things like go shopping with the girl, watch chick flicks, bring her food when she's home sick, and try to fuck her when the alpha is out of town.

These girls probably don't enjoy hanging out with other females as much because a) they're competition for other men, b) being surrounded by men who want to bone them is flattering and c) the possibility of sexual tension that having male friends presents is infinitely more exciting than listening to another girl complain about her period.

There are two things I don't like about women like that. Most of them enjoying flaunting the fact they have nothing but male friends as if it's some sort of positive status symbol. The second reason is actually a culmination of several things, but I'm sure you guys can figure that out without me having to mention any of them.

Quote: (09-07-2008 09:45 PM)token Wrote:  

I think that typically these kinds of girls will have two types of guys that she hangs out with: The kind she dates, and the kind that will do all the things her boyfriend hates but never get into her pants. Call them alpha and beta males, if you like.
Let me correct that: the kind she dates, and the kind she's only friends with. Almost all of the girls I've met at college have guys as friends that they adore, but would never deign to sleep with them. [Not all male friends are in this category]

I've hung out a little with my date's friends, and teased her for having loserish guy friends, and she defended them. I playfully described her dating them, and she of course, resoundingly denied that she ever would. And she's a nice person.

Quote: (09-08-2008 10:41 AM)basilransom Wrote:  

Quote: (09-07-2008 09:45 PM)token Wrote:  

Let me correct that: the kind she dates, and the kind she's only friends with. Almost all of the girls I've met at college have guys as friends that they adore, but would never deign to sleep with them. [Not all male friends are in this category]

I've hung out a little with my date's friends, and teased her for having loserish guy friends, and she defended them. I playfully described her dating them, and she of course, resoundingly denied that she ever would. And she's a nice person.

Maybe they're guilty pleasures... Who doesn't love nerds who leer at you and smell your hair?

[Image: idhitit.gif]

INTERESTING

If she is not attracted to these men, then they are, only friends. No matter what these men think of her.

There is a difference between a girl that will only hang around men she is attracted to and a girl that just hangs out men, period.

I find it interesting that you guys say that even guys friends want to bone her. I can't imagine my guy friends thinking that way. It's not that they're naive, it's just that men and women think very differently. IMO

Quote: (09-12-2008 05:38 PM)Chick Wrote:  

INTERESTING

If she is not attracted to these men, then they are, only friends. No matter what these men think of her.

There is a difference between a girl that will only hang around men she is attracted to and a girl that just hangs out men, period.

I find it interesting that you guys say that even guys friends want to bone her. I can't imagine my guy friends thinking that way. It's not that they're naive, it's just that men and women think very differently. IMO

What about the girls who hang out with BOTH the men she's attracted to, and perhaps those she has an almost sisterly affection for? Do those exist? I think so.

It's possible that not all of the guys who befriend girls want to bone them, but there's no denying that some of them definitely do.

Also... have you ever seen "When Harry Met Sally"? I can't imagine that there are people with vaginas who haven't. It's relevant to this topic of discussion.

There can only be that sisterly affection if there is zero attraction. I have that for some of my guy friends, whom I can't even imagine having anything in their pants. If she's attracted to him, AND has sisterly affection, I'm going to be bold and say she's in love with him but is in denial.

All girls hang out with some men that she is attracted to. That doesn't mean she wants to do them or make a relationship out of it. It's natural. A little bit of attraction is normal in a friendship. I can say with confidence that some of my guy friends are Hot, but I'm not interested in them in the least. But when it's sexual attraction, then there is bound for there to be feelings, from the female perspective. I don't know if there is a difference between attraction and sexual attraction for men, but I think there is for most women.

Some girls also need to be friends with a guy before dating him. I personally can't do that. Once you're in the friend zone, there's no getting out.

That's just my opinion.

I haven't seen that movie.

I don't think the penis knows of more than one kind of attraction. [Image: tongue.gif]