rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

How can one stop being a complete A-hole

I've just noticed recently that I'm a huge asshole..It's helped me stop giving a damn about what's nog important yet it has hindered my success with women..I went from being a nice guy with a nice stable to an complete asshole with 2 girls..any other guys going through this?

Are you being an asshole, or are you being a prick?

To me an asshole will say and do things that are mean, but funny. Women like assholes because they're different and entertaining. Pricks are just abrasive and unpleasant and usually quite unhappy people.

If you're the latter you need to improve your life. Figure out whats keeping you down and fix it so that you can become the happier person you need to be. If you're the former work on being funnier. Do the same asshole stuff but do it with a big ole smile on your face, make it fun.

Chef In Jeans
A culinary website for men

My problem is my social life..losing/not having true friends gets to me on occassion not to mention my game was declining due to the fact I was slighty depressed..the thing is I'm a pretty attractive guy women like me..Its like I'm worst enemy...one girl even told me if you grew some balls you would be the man lol

Quote: (02-03-2012 10:08 PM)Schoolboy_D Wrote:  

My problem is my social life..losing/not having true friends gets to me on occassion not to mention my game was declining due to the fact I was slighty depressed..the thing is I'm a pretty attractive guy women like me..Its like I'm worst enemy...one girl even told me if you grew some balls you would be the man lol

I can relate to a lot of that.

"growing balls" is one of the keys to game. Getting over the anxiety that we've been taught to have is what its all about.

If you're losing friends, not just girls, then you might want re-evaluate your behaviour. Like I said, most pricky guys tend to be sad, and usually dont know why. Im' speaking from experience.

Self improvement was my key. Losing weight, getting in the gym, working, become a better man. This stuff makes you happy, this makes you less abrasive and turns an unpleasant prick that people dont like into a funny entertaining asshole everyone wants to know.

Chef In Jeans

Quote: (02-03-2012 07:05 PM)Schoolboy_D Wrote:  

I've just noticed recently that I'm a huge asshole..It's helped me stop giving a damn about what's nog important yet it has hindered my success with women..I went from being a nice guy with a nice stable to an complete asshole with 2 girls..any other guys going through this?

Give us some examples of your "asshole behavior".

Well this girl a couple weeks ago called me crying I went out to the car and to see wassup..and she randomly went off on me saying I wasn't a decent human so I got.out the car and started spitting/pissing on it another one is when people introduce someone to me I don't care about I really don't try to interact with them and I'll avoid the whole conversation, my family says I think too much in social interactions its like I think someone is gonna try and play me so I'm always on edge....as I write this I realize how much of a square I've been lol

Quote: (02-04-2012 11:55 PM)Schoolboy_D Wrote:  

Well this girl a couple weeks ago called me crying I went out to the car and to see wassup..and she randomly went off on me saying I wasn't a decent human so I got.out the car and started spitting/pissing on it another one is when people introduce someone to me I don't care about I really don't try to interact with them and I'll avoid the whole conversation, my family says I think too much in social interactions its like I think someone is gonna try and play me so I'm always on edge....as I write this I realize how much of a square I've been lol

To me that sounds like you've got some underlying issues that are eating at you. For me something simple like sleeping more did worlds of good. Grab a bottle of melatonin and hit he sack 2 hours earlier each night and I bet you'll be less edgy and abrasive.

Chef In Jeans

I appreciate the feedback sir, another thing I seem to be very controlling/demanding according to women but I try not too..but in conclusion I'm going to just keep working out,make sure to do good in school, and just approach as many attractive women as possible, find some good hobbies, travel, and look for ways to start a business..life is too short to be a self absorbed prick lol

Quote: (02-05-2012 12:32 PM)Schoolboy_D Wrote:  

so I got.out the car and started spitting/pissing on it

That is a little excessive.

I think you just need to mellow out.

I used to be on edge when I was younger like you mentioned above. I was chubby as a kid, but after I grew out of it by high school, I still had the fat kid insecurity. Just do whatever you can to see the positives in every situation and you will snap out of it.

I still act like an asshole, but always in a funny way. I joke around with people and everyone knows that I'm kidding. I've had multiple people tell me that I always seem to be in a good mood.

This is an interesting post. I'm not sure if this is what SchoolBoy-D was referring to, but one thing I've learned about being more successful with women is that it makes me, what I would consider, a worse person. Generally, men that are more selfish, less considerate, more arrogant, etc. get more women. Before, I used to be much more considerate, generous, and thoughtful of other people's feelings. And I didn't get laid. Now, I actively try to think up mildly offensive things to say to women (negs) and I always make sure not to be too nice to them, lest I seem needy. In fact, there have been numerous times when a girl has called me an asshole and had sex with me a few hours later.

The way I reconcile this is by telling myself, correctly, it's better to get my nut by being a dick than being a nice, celibate guy. I think Roosh wrote a post along the lines of "you made me this way," meaning women choose the men they sleep with, so if they sleep with assholes, we have to be assholes to get laid. However, it does really bother me that I am being what I consider to be a worse person.

One thing I've tried to do is actively be a better person to my family and (mostly male) friends, and to women I don't want to fuck. I'm more generous with my time and emotional support. While the women I sleep with, I treat like cum receptacles. I would be interested in hearing if anyone feels this way, and what they do to deal with it.

From my experience I've seemed to messed up and lost women because I went from the nice guy before any sexual interaction to treating them like complete trash after sex...more than likely it is because I switched up and my true character came out

But Nom I totally know where your coming from when you speak of being a better person for those you care for and being an asshole to those your laying

Wow I remember why im an asshole.never again will I look out for another man in his weak relationship times...I'm about to approach this girl after I talk to my professor and this super virgin square goes approaches knowing what I was about to do when this is the same guy begging me for advice on his girl talk about the irony

Quote: (02-06-2012 10:23 PM)Nom_De_Guerre Wrote:  

one thing I've learned about being more successful with women is that it makes me, what I would consider, a worse person.

I am emerging from the fallout of a LTR, and all I can say is that this captures it perfectly. The qualities that I used to appreciate in myself were my capacity for empathy, generosity, consideration of others and general sensitivity (the qualities that women SAY that they like, right?). My experiences have taught me to REGRET those attributes.

However I try to spin it, there's really no way to get around it: the new version of me is "worse" on an ethical level. However, I like how you have managed to partition it such that your dude friends and casual women friends still can appreciate the decent side of you. In the end, I can't argue with the results. This lifestyle is damaging to the way you look at humanity, but that's a relatively small price to pay to end celibacy.