rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The best dressed 25 guys in the world @ Lunch

http://www.thesartorialist.com/photos/th...-for-25-4/

http://vimeo.com/35926876

I could recommend all sorts of forums, blogs, websites, stores et cetera, but this is the pinnacle of the renaissance in men's wear.

Scott Schuman basically started the recent trend of taking pics of people and posting them online, and it opened up a new take on style and fashion for everyone. Most of the guys at the lunch have tons of iconic photos.

That was really cool, I was a bit let down it was in black and white though, its arty yes, but considering style is the theme I would've liked to have seen the colors the guys were wearing.

Chef In Jeans
A culinary website for men

Is that Kanye West? [Image: lol.gif]

Great clip. It was like a style bomb. Their current look was the product of a lot of experimentation and thought. Maybe that's how a RVF meetup will look in 20 years!

Here's a bit of it in color: http://www.thesartorialist.com/photos/th...ch-for-25/

Quote:Quote:

I was a bit let down it was in black and white though

The great thing about mens fashion is that colour has little to do with fashion and more on what looks good with your skin and hair (even eyes).

The guys in the video, they know the rules and better yet, know how to break them.

I hear you though, a few of those guys are known for interesting colour combinations and it would have been interesting to see that.

Here's a snippet in color:

The two guys in double-breasted suits are killing it. You can see them at 0:27 in the original clip talking to each other. Those two looked like the most virile and manly of the bunch. That baby blue windowpane pattern is stunning. The bearded black guy looked like an interesting fellow too.

I don't really get the boheme look. Often, it seems more like something that's deemed fashionable by the right people than something that's actually beautiful, sort of like modern architecture.

Quote: (01-31-2012 09:41 PM)basilransom Wrote:  

I don't really get the boheme look. Often, it seems more like something that's deemed fashionable by the right people than something that's actually beautiful, sort of like modern architecture.

Everyone in the video is either
- a world class tailor
- owns a haberdashery
- major fashion buyer for a department store
- designer
- notable celebrity into fashion - aka kanye, lol

These guys can tell you how far you can go, but definitely not for us regular folks outside of their business. You see enough of these photos, you can grab something here and there to add to your look.

A lotta dudes just want a list of things to buy, and a basic template for them to go forth...much like pick up, just give me the words to say....

But it's bigger than that. It always is.

Quote: (01-31-2012 10:59 PM)WestIndianArchie Wrote:  

Quote: (01-31-2012 09:41 PM)basilransom Wrote:  

Everyone in the video is either
- a world class tailor
- owns a haberdashery
- major fashion buyer for a department store
- designer
- notable celebrity into fashion - aka kanye, lol

These guys can tell you how far you can go, but definitely not for us regular folks outside of their business. You see enough of these photos, you can grab something here and there to add to your look.

A lotta dudes just want a list of things to buy, and a basic template for them to go forth...much like pick up, just give me the words to say....

But it's bigger than that. It always is.

Actually, I didn't find much of it very radical or extreme, except maybe the matching glen plaid tie and suit (which looked incredible). At least to my eye, the typical Hollywood celebrity wears far louder clothing. I guess I was expecting everyone in the film to be iconic and instructive.

It may just be a difference of taste. Those two older guys with the slicked back hair though convey the perfect image, to my eye - masculine, bold, sophisticated, and a little eccentric.

Notice how it's the rich / successful older men who always seem to have style down to an art.

Vice-Captain - #TeamWaitAndSee

Quote: (02-01-2012 12:22 AM)basilransom Wrote:  

Actually, I didn't find much of it very radical or extreme, except maybe the matching glen plaid tie and suit (which looked incredible). At least to my eye, the typical Hollywood celebrity wears far louder clothing. I guess I was expecting everyone in the film to be iconic and instructive.

It may just be a difference of taste. Those two older guys with the slicked back hair though convey the perfect image, to my eye - masculine, bold, sophisticated, and a little eccentric.

You couldn't wear most of that stuff @ a law firm or an investment bank. Especially the sports coats, unless you're the boss. (hollywood is its own universe)

Most people prefer to remain anonymous in their Brooks Brothers, every once in a while somebody bucks the trend with a Canali.

And honestly, I don't know how much the Al Bazar look (Lino's spot in Milan) plays with the ladies. Indeed, in Milan (dude in the glen plaid and glen plaid tie), that Al Bazar look stands out, cause most of the Italian business guys are wearing Boggi. (the Italian Brooks Bros/J.Crew)

But they all look pretty damn cool imo.

Quote: (02-01-2012 01:53 AM)WestIndianArchie Wrote:  

You couldn't wear most of that stuff @ a law firm or an investment bank. Especially the sports coats, unless you're the boss. (hollywood is its own universe)

Most people prefer to remain anonymous in their Brooks Brothers, every once in a while somebody bucks the trend with a Canali.

Actually, plenty of law firms have a more lax dress code nowadays, and besides, law and IB comprise a small portion of jobs anyhow. I'd say it's very easy to dress stylishly now without repercussion, at your typical office job - the dress code is dress trousers, leather loafers or lace-ups, dress shirt, coat and tie optional. That permits a great range of high end attire.

Quote:Quote:

And honestly, I don't know how much the Al Bazar look (Lino's spot in Milan) plays with the ladies. Indeed, in Milan (dude in the glen plaid and glen plaid tie), that Al Bazar look stands out, cause most of the Italian business guys are wearing Boggi. (the Italian Brooks Bros/J.Crew)

But they all look pretty damn cool imo.

I like to think that if you hone your style, and make it congruent with your persona, it's like you're building a tractor beam to reel in the chicks who'd dig your personality anyway. Maybe that's not true - chicks who'd dig your personality might not respond to your style. In America at least, chicks have terrible taste, and I wouldn't dream of submitting to their preferences if I disagreed with them.

I really like the Al Bazar style. They seem to really convey a zest for life through their expressions and their clothes. Their use of color is fresh and bold, but not as zany as American/Anglo prep; the colors look more natural and relaxed. And I've always liked a good double breasted jacket.

The other guys seem like artists or creative types - their waifish look doesn't suit most men. My beef with lots of these style icons is that their look just won't work for most men. Most men are probably better off gaining a few pounds of muscle and the tailoring to compliment that.

I'm looking forward to seeing this:

Kanye looked like a douche. I mean as in he kind of gave a "I'm to good for this" type vibe, it was a tad odd. Great video glad there's footage in color. I was happy to see The Bearded Man (BK, SK) up in there I've been a fan of his for a long time really embraces classic American and really got me thinking about incorporating classic Canadian styles into my everyday wardrobe.