rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

College parties - rolling solo

So I've been recently hitting up some college parties... and I have been going out solo.(Purely for my desire to hit up the nightlife scene at college by myself without any restraints.
Not to mention I go to small, private parties where I know absolutely NO ONE. not 1 person. [Image: smile.gif]
So here's my guide. It's not fully complete and when I learn some more I will post a better one.

What I've noticed:
-You're able to go wherever you want without dealing with any stupid drunks, cockblocks, or logistical pains, etc.
-You start to grow a true confidence within yourself.
-Your balls start to drop.
-The feeling of meeting people at a small party without knowing anyone is fucking nerve-wracking for almost everyone. I was nervous at first but it has become a lot easier.

The great thing about the small, private parties is that everyone there thinks that everyone else somehow knows someone there so you won't come off as a creep when you start randomly hitting on girls. Their bitch shields are lowered at these private parties because they are more comfortable.

Pre-gaming

1. Drink - that being said. don't get drunk. make a mixer for yourself or take at least 2 shots. Don't drink beer as you will most likely drink beer at the party itself...anyways.

2. Think - of the absolute worst situation you can be in, with people insulting you, laughing at your pathetic-ness, and thinking you are the lowest scum loser in the world. Then I want you to think that no matter what happens you will have a good time.

3. MUSIC- I want you to sit down, breathe in and out a few times, turn up some MUSIC(party music pref. anything that will get you in a mood. You can also play something that makes you feel on top of the world).

4. Get Outside - before you have LMR of just staying in and jacking off.

Now I want you to walk around with a bottle of water in your hand like a boss. If you know of any parties, head towards them now.

If not, follow this procedure.
Look for groups of people walking together(pref. a lot of girls in the group.)
If you see a lot of girls and 1 or 2 guys, they are most likely going to a frat so don't bother unless you really have no other options. Now casually follow on the other side of the street. You can use your cellphone as a prop(some imaginary calls) to make it look like you're meeting with someone and you're not just following them.

Then, when they look like they're about to go into a house. Speed up a bit and just casually sneak in with them. Smile and act like you know someone there. Don't say anything. Just say "whats up" if they say anything to you.

Getting a Drink
When there, head towards the nearest alcohol source(a keg or fridge for cans). Don't hesitate when taking alcohol. Take it like you own the place then if someone says anything apologize and offer it back to them.(They will most likely say "ah no worries".)

Upon getting said alcohol, survey the place. Scope out different groups, try to mentally write down in your head the body language, attitudes, and amount of bitches in the place. Then head towards the bathroom even if you don't have to go. If there is a line talk to the people in line.

Analyze the situation
Then when in the bathroom freshen up with some water and think about your prospects. Make some strategies and back up plans(don't take longer than 5 minutes for this part)

Beer Pong
When you exit the bathroom, if there is a beer pong table head towards there now. When you get there ask who's next in line and see if anyone wants to partner up with you. Playing beer bong is a great way to get in the mood with people at the party. You can meet people really easily and while waiting you can start chatting up people so you like like a sociable guy, not one of the creeps sitting in the corner not talking to anyone.

If there is no beer pong, immediately after exiting the bathroom head towards a group of girls.(Preferably the uglier ones). By talking to the less attractive girls first, you'll have more success with the hotter ones.
Chat them up without hesitation and crack a story or some joke. (Something to ice break. Use your imagination). It can be something about the environment or whatnot. Or even about the alcohol you're drinking. If they have a mixed drink ask them about it.

I can't really think of what else to say really but the key point is to
-stay confident
-be very social
-have a good sense of humor

Most importantly, meet some people, network, and then bang some chicks!

p.s. I'm still new at this so feel free to respond and tell me anything I can do better.

I actually have a post on this coming up tomorrow, this is pretty solid and is a lot of the same stuff I've figured out by going solo to parties.

I advise the use of "Home Sets" a lot, so when I hit up parties I get to know a few guys there first, and then if anyone asks me who I know (you're right, everyone knows someone at a party), I reference the guys I just met. Quick and dirty but gets the job done.

I've never done this alone but in college I used to go out with a friend or two and crash random house parties all the time. I went to a pretty lame school where there wouldn't be much going on a lot of the time, so you had to find out where the party was at and find a way to get in. Here are a few things I learned:

1. If there are people chilling in the back yard or on the back porch, that's the easiest way to get in. Go around back, roll up,and go in through the back door like you went out to smoke a cigarette or something.

2. The first thing you need to do when you get inside is get a drink. For reasons I don't understand, if you have a drink in your hand almost nobody will question whether you belong there. Holding a beer or a red solo cup is like having an ID tag.

3. The other most important thing is to make friends with a group immediately. If the party is reasonably big (and if it isn't, why are you there?), then there will probably be a line for the keg or jungle juice or whatever. Talk to people in line about random shit while you're waiting to get your drink and use their group as a "home base" like Alpha mentions so you have a cover story if people ask who you know there. Then go off and talk to someone else--if people see you talking to a bunch of different people they'll assume you know them. The only way to fuck this up is by being a wallflower and acting like you don't know anyone. If you're crashing the party with a group you can get away with talking to each other for a little while but it's still going to be necessary to branch out. (besides, you're there to meet other people, right?)

4. The bigger the party, the better. It's easier to blend into a bigger crowd, and with a bigger party it's less likely that everyone there knows each other. Now you can still pull this off in a small gathering with the "home base" move but it gets harder to do when you're dealing with a more tightly-connected social group.

5. If you're called out, the best play is to admit it, apologize, and offer to throw them a few bones for the booze you took. Even better, bring a flask or 2 and offer to contribute. 95% of the time people won't give a shit and nothing will happen. People are trying to have fun and nobody wants to be a dick and throw you out when you were being chill and respectful and weren't causing any problems.

6. The nuclear option: go balls-out and roll up with a 30-rack. Loudly announce that you've come to "save" the party and start handing out beers. If someone asks you who you are, say you're "Steve's friend" and change the subject. Since you're giving away free booze, people will not question you further. Works best later in the night when the alcohol is probably running out.

How do you find out about the parties if you don't know anyone?

Quote: (01-30-2012 07:59 PM)Roosh Wrote:  

If you're on a college campus it's usually not hard. At my school, there were 3 or 4 streets just off-campus where a bunch of students lived and you could find the parties by just walking around that area and listening for them. As drymarro pointed out, you can also look for big groups of people and follow them, either as a means of getting inside or just to see where they're going.

I'm now debating even publishing tomorrow's post as it literally is just a rehash of two of the comments here - except I wrote it saturday lol

I find parties by picking a college neighborhood and driving through it. When I see a bunch of cars lined up on the street and people outside smoking, bingo.

Quote: (01-30-2012 06:55 PM)Alpha Wrote:  

I actually have a post on this coming up tomorrow, this is pretty solid and is a lot of the same stuff I've figured out by going solo to parties.

I advise the use of "Home Sets" a lot, so when I hit up parties I get to know a few guys there first, and then if anyone asks me who I know (you're right, everyone knows someone at a party), I reference the guys I just met. Quick and dirty but gets the job done.
Yeah that's pretty good. I've used that once or twice. If you have anything not posted here please feel free. Or go out solo this weekend and give us a nice report. [Image: smile.gif]
Quote: (01-30-2012 07:32 PM)gringochileno Wrote:  

I've never done this alone but in college I used to go out with a friend or two and crash random house parties all the time.

5. If you're called out, the best play is to admit it, apologize, and offer to throw them a few bones for the booze you took. Even better, bring a flask or 2 and offer to contribute. 95% of the time people won't give a shit and nothing will happen. People are trying to have fun and nobody wants to be a dick and throw you out when you were being chill and respectful and weren't causing any problems.

6. The nuclear option: go balls-out and roll up with a 30-rack. Loudly announce that you've come to "save" the party and start handing out beers. If someone asks you who you are, say you're "Steve's friend" and change the subject. Since you're giving away free booze, people will not question you further. Works best later in the night when the alcohol is probably running out.

You know I've tried to with a couple of friends but the ones that I did go out with they are not as clever as me or they prefer going with big groups. If I find someone up for the challenge I'd be glad to do it in a duo because it's obviously more comfortable. But not being in my comfort zone is helping me develop as a person.

And yeah I should consider getting a flask and bringing some stuff.
lol love that whole free booze thing. especially if money isn't an issue for you.

^^ Pretty much what the other guys said(as well as what I said in my post). Sometimes when parties get busted or they go bad I use party-finding tactics to find a party I don't even know the address of(where I go I can roam about as I please - it's a pretty big school)
Do they sometimes sucks? Sure. Could they even be worse than the previous one? Perhaps. But I've not gone one night where I couldn't find a party when I wanted to go out.

Apartment complexes are the best bet instead of random houses, for college campuses, and non college campuses.
For college campuses, at least for mine, walk into any apartment complex, go through a few floors, and you're bound to find several crazy parties any day of the week.

Quote: (01-30-2012 10:58 PM)johnwu Wrote:  

Apartment complexes are the best bet instead of random houses, for college campuses, and non college campuses.
For college campuses, at least for mine, walk into any apartment complex, go through a few floors, and you're bound to find several crazy parties any day of the week.

Solid move. The problem is getting into the building of course, which is where drymarro's "inconspicuously follow a group inside" move comes in.