rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Occupy Oakland Demonstrates It's Stupidity

Occupy Oakland Demonstrates It's Stupidity

Quote: (01-30-2012 01:16 PM)speakeasy Wrote:  

Most OWS demonstrations across the country have been overwhelming peaceful. It's always people's tendency to focus on the most extreme examples and them up as exemplary even when that isn't necessarily the case.

Given that the movement is completely decentralized and has no national leaders calling the shots, it's not surprising to have splinter groups who are way out of line. Some as in Oakland are just anarchists who want a battle with the cops. However there are many OWS demonstrators with legitimate grievances concerning wall st money in politics and the ability of the super wealthy to rig the system in their favorite.

Let's not let some extremist goons in Oakland take away from what is a very cogent message.

Occupy groups can't simply expect people to differentiate between the hard-line elements when they themselves refuse to do it. They don't get to simply ignore the millions of dollars in damage done by those groups, and prattle on about how it's only a crazy minority.

I realize that like any group they have a specific agenda to perpetuate, and are interested in protecting the movement as a whole. I also realize the police stepping in to stop the vandalism represents a wonderful opportunity for a PR victory for them, but it's politically stupid.

There is no advantage to gain in not condemning those who are going to force the 99% to pay millions in tax payer dollars to cover the damage. I don't care how noble their intentions are, the consequences of their actions are going to bared by the tax payers.

Your best? Losers always whine about their best. Winners go home and fuck the prom queen! -John Mason (The Rock)

Messages In This Thread