rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Nootropics and boosting performance

Nootropics and boosting performance

Supposedly, choline on its own can be a pretty potent nootropic. Specifically CDP choline, which also stimulates human growth hormone and dopamine release.

I picked up some piracetam at the pharmacy but I'm waiting on some L-theanine and CDP choline to arrive in the mail before taking it.

There's also not-so rigorous sounding discussion on the web about 'choline dominance' vs 'dopamine dominance'. Meaning if your brain produces a lot of choline naturally then you won't need to take much for a synergistic effect with the racetams. But if you're dopamine dominant (i.e. your brain doesn't produce that much choline naturally) then you'll need higher doses of choline to potentiate your racetam.

Can anybody chime on this? Legit or BS?

A few other nootropics that I keep coming across in searches:

- Creatine

I've taken creatine on and off and I can't say I've noticed a difference in cognitive abilities but it's good for putting on weight. I don't know if it makes a difference but I've always bought creatine with a Creapure certification, which supposedly means it's the highest quality powder. Might be BS?

- Acetyl-L Carnitine (aka ALCAR)

I have no experience with this. Anybody?

- Theobromine

A stimulant found in dark chocolate. I think you'd need to be eating at least 85% cacao otherwise you're getting more sugar than anything else. I eat the hell out of dark chocolate. It's like a caffeine buzz with less edge. I'm hoping L-Theanine will help smooth things out even further.

- Huperzine-A

I heard Tim Ferris talking about this stuff like a year ago. So it must be legit! [Image: tongue.gif] I was going to buy some but then I read the list of side effects and thought screw it there are safer options.

- Intermittent fasting.

In my experience this definitely makes you noticeably sharper during the day of the fast and it's very healthy in general. I do IF every couple of days. Just feel it out. If I'm not hungry at breakfast then I decide to wait until dinner to eat.

- Dual n-back training.

One of the few brain training regimens proven to increase intelligence across several dimensions. Here's some research and a free online version: http://brainworkshop.sourceforge.net/

There's also a free iPhone app called IQ Boost I've been using. I hate brain games but I'm forcing myself to do this every day for a month because I think it'll help my jiu jitsu.

Messages In This Thread