rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Lying on Resume

Lying on Resume

So Ive been looking for advice on updating my resume and Im startled at how many people are admitting to/justifying lying on their resume. I understand why they do it as some expectations from potential employers are too high (Ive heard some really funny stories like 5 yrs experience needed for a 2yr old program).

I wouldnt dare lie on any applications as I am certain I would get caught, but I can see extreme career growth potential if in a year from now I happen to be buddies with the HR guy at a reputable company or I work at a company where the policy is not to disclose any information other than verifying employment and dates of employment and I embellish my resume. Assuming Im not applying to jobs I cannot do and am in no way qualified for of course.

If you are applying to jobs you know your capable of doing it seems to be a victimless crime especially now that many degrees are all but useless. Anyone have any thoughts on this?

Messages In This Thread