rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Social Anxiety vs. AA

Social Anxiety vs. AA

I think I've had an epiphany, and thoughts/comments are solicited:

Is approach anxiety, namely, the fear of approaching women and rejection, manifestly different than general social anxiety? I think much of the advice for overcoming AA is specific to attractive women people want to sleep with, and this is different than general anxiety.

I'm very confident in myself and have solid inner game. I'm certain that the vast majority of girls that I talk to would be glad that I approached them. I've slept with several attractive girls and am fairly smooth once comfortable with somebody. Yet, around new people I freeze, even after a friend has opened a girl. I really wish I could "not give a fuck" but for reasons I cannot understand, I'm very "in my head" and constantly am nervous in situations with strangers (such as bars). This feeling is only heightened now that I'm not drinking for a few months. I constantly feel on edge.

A lot of advice on the forum talks about getting over AA by not worrying what girls think about you, particularly not taking something personally. Like, "oh no, this hot girl turned me away, my confidence is crushed etc."). I feel like my confidence wouldn't be shaken at all. I'm not protecting my ego by not approaching.

I realized that I freeze, am nervous, tense up, IN GENERAL. I have the same exact feelings toward any random guy or a butt ugly girl. I have a hypersensitive awareness of peoples perceptions of me, real or imagined.

Has anybody been prescribed anything for social anxiety, such as Xanax? Is it effective? I've tried some herbal medication but it hasn't been that effective. Drinking can help, though its a double edge sword: For every night I'm social and less anxious, I'll get fairly severe anxiety. I've simply walked out of bars before without saying bye to people.. just an overload of anxiety.

Messages In This Thread