rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Buying Suits/Clothes in Asia

Buying Suits/Clothes in Asia

I'm currently in Southeast Asia, and I want to buy a classy as fuck wardrobe while I have the chance to do it for less than a hundred thousand dollars. Much obliged to anyone who can give me some info on:

1) Where to buy.

Hoi An is infamous for it's tailors and I'll be rolling through in a month or two. I also have a few spots in Bangkok that an expat friend recommended to me, but the price/value in Hoi An seems superior. Does anyone have any experience picking up high-quality suits in Hoi An or elsewhere? How do you differentiate a good tailor from a chump? Good fabric from mediocre?

I am willing to drop some serious cash (by Vietnemese standards) on top quality gear, but I want to avoid paying for suits/shoes/etc that are merely good. Like I said, I want to build a wardrobe today that I will still be proud of when I'm 40.

If anyone has a tailor to recommend, or better yet a guy you trust who you can introduce me to, I would much rather go on that than the top rated on trip advisor.

2) What to buy.

I'm 26 and would like to put together a wardrobe that can last me into middle age. The look I am going for is ultra-slick, classic, refined, true-mothafuckin-playa. I read the fashion thread, but a fun question for the older G's on the board - if you were in my position right now, what would be on your shopping list?

I'm 6'3, a lean 210lbs, and white. If you're stylistically inclined and think that seeing a few pictures of me would help you give better advice for which colours to make use of, please PM me.

3) What I should expect to pay.

For top-quality suits, shirts, shoes and accessories.

Thanks in advance for advice, prior experiences, and recommendations.

Cheers,

Frost

Blog: Thumotic
Red Pill links: The Red Pill Review
Follow me on Twitter

Messages In This Thread