rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

am I being selfish or what?

am I being selfish or what?

Most of the dudes on this website are single professionals like me, so lemme get your opinion.

There's been a reoccurring argument with people in my life lately. It's been whether or not I'm selfish for being 29 and not having a family or kids. No one but myself to spend my money on. Being able to go on long trips overseas without a care in the world, no one to look out for but myself, no one to slow me down. It's a enormous amount of freedom that I appreciate so much, that I'd die for, that without it I'd feel suffocated and sad. But i the end will I end up old and alone? Will my family be right in the end, and I'll die a selfish old man with nothing but memories of traveling to far away places visiting other people and their families instead of my own, and memories of fucking hot but shallow girls who will not remember me in 40 years? It's something to think about. In fact I think about it all the time, so much that I moved back to the states out of fear that they might be right.

Even though about 80% of people I see that are married with kids are miserable, it is true that I don't know what I'm talking about as I've never experienced the love that having a child brings, or the fulfillment of having a loving wife to care for. There have been girls in my life that I've loved and have thought about marrying, but the price you pay for marriage and a kid (as most women I've met will not stay in a marriage without kids) is way too high for me. It's pretty much game over for my old life: long trips and selfish weekends in boxers and video games, hair-brain schemes I come up with every year that requires me to invest all my money and not work for 4 months a year, finally start a band like I've been dreaming about, spend a year writing a book/screenplay, etc. Game fucking Over. I don't think I can live with that. And I guess that makes me a selfish asshole lol. At least according to society.

Messages In This Thread