rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Has anyone tried the musician route to banging girls

Has anyone tried the musician route to banging girls

Quote: (01-08-2012 06:56 PM)Lumiere Wrote:  

I am a guitar player and I find it kinda pathetic for game-less musicians (and they often are gameless) to use that as a crutch and as a replacement for game.

Game is like any muscle, if you don't exercise it, it wastes away. I make a deliberate effort to play it down that I play guitar for fear of becoming another gameless beta hiding behind a musical instrument.

Your entire thought here is absurd. I've been playing for many, many years 40+ years.

Just playing the guitar frankly does very little for you. Far too often people confuse end results with causation. You got laid by a hottie and you happened to be playing guitar around her so you ASSUME it was the guitar... nope, she had already made that decision.

Now if we are talking about someone who is in a WORKING BAND. In other words, you are a professional musician playing gigs (and you are getting PAID to play.) and you've built a following. Then Yes it CAN help get you laid. As a professional on stage on a Friday or Saturday night, you have the highest level of social proof/status in the entire bar. If you're single and looking to meet girls/women then you have a MASSIVE leg up over any other dude in the place. Since you've been paying attention you already know which girls are giving you indications of interest.

It's not the guitar that really got you laid but rather you've demonstrated massive social proof and you have huge social value that is what got you laid. The band is what gives you social proof and status. From there you STILL have to be able to hold a conversation, close for her phone number.

The downside is it will be almost impossible3 to close her that night. Why? Well, almost 100% of the time she is with friends. And YOU will be there playing until 2 am. Its highly unlikely that she will be there that late and even if she is, you're not leaving the place until AFTER they have closed because guess what, you have to tear down your gear, load it into your vehicle. Then you have to help the drummer and PA guy tear down their stuff. You won't be rolling out of there until ~3 am and that is if there isn't a band meeting immediately after the last set is finished. There are times where you won't get home until 4-5 am. Trust me it's exceedingly rare that you will close her and take her home with you.

So the short answer is YES being a guitar player can and WILL get you laid. The reality is that there are FAR, FAR easier ways to accomplish that and you should not even consider picking up a guitar for that reason. Because it will take the vast majority of people YEARS to get good enough to get into a band good enough to get paid to play live in a club

Messages In This Thread