rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Syria

Syria

Quote: (01-08-2012 02:12 AM)OGNorCal707 Wrote:  

Dude I would NOT go to Iran, it's a fundamentalist Islamic country and the government and the police are especially paranoid about westerners. Alcohol is highly illegal, and something as simple as a public display of affection between non-married couples can get you beaten and thrown in prison. Nightlife is non-existent and gaming in my mind would be in insane task, especially if you don't speak Farsi or have close friends and family over there.

Sounds like Beirut and Israel are the best spots in the Middle East if you're looking to get laid.

OG - I see from your profile that you've been there. How long ago was this? If it was recent, did you bust out a data sheet or could you describe your experience?

I'm a bit surprised, I guess, because I've heard mostly good things about Iran from outsiders. One of my good friends, an Italian dude, had a blast there. I've also heard of black American basketball players who've lived there.

Here is an interview with one former hooper, who speaks quite positively about his experience in the country, despite the interviewer's desperate attempts to steer the conversation towards controversial topics: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aE7x0B3BxJQ

The only people I've heard say bad things about Iran are actual Iranians who left and Iranian-Americans. They don't hate the country or culture, usually, just mainly the direction of the government and the theocratic rule.

Messages In This Thread