rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Traveling Richly is Better than Traveling like a Hobo

Traveling Richly is Better than Traveling like a Hobo

I see two sides to this debate and both are pretty solid. I dont know if anybody on here is actually making a case that it's better to travel broke so I'll lay on out.

My brother just came back from 8 months in South America and it seemed that almost all of his good stories and adventures somehow came from being forced to stretch every penny/colon/quetzal/lempira to the extreme.

For example you're forced to get off the tourist path for true local cuisine, and you may spend several hours shopping around at different hostels and meet some cool people in the process. I think the general advantage is it forces you to break out of your comfort zone and interact more. Couchsurfing is an example of something great that came from people being cheap or broke.

Of course, I'm not saying its truly more advantageous, just playing devils advocate. Comida Tipica for thought [Image: smile.gif]

Messages In This Thread