rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Flying to Bogota tomorrow, any pointers?

Flying to Bogota tomorrow, any pointers?

Quote: (11-26-2013 10:22 PM)scotian Wrote:  

Just spent ten days in Bogota and figured I'd report on some findings, so here it is: I wasn't planning on staying in the city too long, I was thinking four days or so before moving on but after I checked into my apartment, I hit the streets and saw a poster for an upcoming concert of one of my favorite reggae artists Alpha Blondy which took place over a week later, so I stuck around.

I landed in Bogota on a Friday afternoon and the weekend was a bit of a write off as I had just worked six weeks straight in an industrial shit hole and all I wanted to do was sleep and take it easy. I still went out and ended up chilling with my barber buddies on Friday, got really stoned with them and we polished off the bottle of Crown Royal whisky I bought at the duty free in Toronto, good times catching up with old friends. On Saturday night I met up with RVF member Portofmanteau at a dive bar in Chapinero, he had two cute girls with him and we went to another nice little spot in Chapinero to dance, nothing too crazy happened (there's tons of these chill little places in Chapinero). I ended up hanging out with Portofmanteau a few times and he is a great guy to meet up with, if you have the chance, do so as he is multilingual, good with women and a great dancer. Here's a run down of the places we hit up:

La Candelaria: We went on a Monday night and it was kind of dead, we hit up this French run restaurant called "A Seis Manos", its a nice spot to grab some food and they have some language exchange nights there and other activities, may be a decent spot on other nights but it was quite. We also hit up the Bogota Beer Company for a few pints, nothing too exciting. I'm not a huge fan of La Candelaria, definitely cool to check out in the day (museums, art galleries, history, etc) but not my scene at night.

Zona Rosa:

I wrote about this place called [b]La Villa[/b] before on RVF as I used to hit it up for their weekly event called Gringo Tuesdays and described it as "hit or miss". Well that was almost two years ago when the event was in its infancy and I can assure you that Gringo Tuesdays is a major hit and I highly recommend that you check it out. We went at 8pm but should have gone earlier, although it was still really good, the reason to go earlier is that the language exchange starts at 5pm, so you'll get to speak with more people in a relaxed environment. By 8pm its a packed bar environment, the place was very full and by 10pm the DJ comes on and it turns into a club environment, great place to meet people and the talent has also improved. I wouldn't say there were many stunners there but plenty of nice looking girls and most are very open to meeting foreigners, being Gringo Tuesday and all. From 5-8PM you can get two Heinekens for 10K or two Club Colombias for 8K. Unlike before when the night died down by 11pm, La Villa is still hopping after midnight, I think I left at around 1am and there was still a decent crowd there.

Also, La Villa has salsa lessons night on Thursdays and Portofmanteau and I hit that up as well. I brought along a girl I had dated before to this event and I would recommend doing so as well (especially if you suck at dancing like me) but if you're a good, confident dancer like Portofmanteau then you'll have no worries, there's lots of single girls that go there, most in groups but I met one who was alone. The lessons are free and the drinks are cheap (I was drinking two margaritas for 15K, they were big and good), I ended up getting pretty drunk and stopped dancing after they advanced past beginner. Portofmanteau kept going and the guy did so well that him and a random girl he began dancing with ended up winning the salsa competition they had at the end of the night, he won free lessons for a month!

Tip for La Villa: there's a tall bartender there named Dave, he's from Ireland and if you tip him well on the first drink he will make sure the next ones are very strong.

Friday night we hit up Andres Carne de Res (DC), the one in Zona Rosa. I had been before and thought it was ok, wasn't too keen on going back but Portofmanteau wanted to see it so we went. It was alright but he wasn't impressed, I think at one time he said somethign like "this reminds me of a Colombian version of TGI Fridays, somewhere you go for your birthday" haha, we stuck around for a bit then bounced to another small bar for a bit before calling it a night.

Saturday was my last night in Bogota and I went alone to the Alpha Blondy concert which was conveniently located at a venue in Chapinero Teatro Royal Center. I met a cool Peruvian dude and his Italian girl friend in the line and we smoked a joint, I continued smoking reefers all night and was so completely baked that I couldn't run proper game, I just sang along and ALpha Blondy didn't disappoint, pretty good for a 60 year old dude. Also, there was some serious talent there girl wise, unlike a reggae show in North America, there were some nicely dressed, attractive women there, of course there was some hippies (there's a lot of those in Bogota) but I was impressed nonetheless.

Bangs: Didn't do so well as the first few days I was adjusting to life outside of an industrial shithole, I think only the RVF oilsands guys or anyone else who works for long periods away from civilization can understand, it takes some time to adjust to normal life. On top of that, my Spanish is rusty so I haven't had the confidence to day game, although I got a few numbers at night but didn't follow up as I was leaving anyway. I also got the run around pretty good from some online prospects, the Colombian flakiness strikes again.

So, I did bang this one girl from online, nothing to write home about as she was pretty ghetto, I met her for lunch and she tells me that she's a "tinto girl", basically you see these people everywhere hauling carts of coffee around Bogota and selling them in the street. I'm pretty sure this would qualify for THC's concept of flavela points, I didn't even want to take this skank to my apartment so I suggested we "relax" at an hourly love motel around the corner. She agreed and it turned out that this chick was a freak and a really good lay, she even wanted me to go to a swinger's club with her, but I turned that down. She was 22, morena and tiny, maybe 100 lbs.

Hooked up with an ex-gf I dated in Bogota last time I stayed there, she's pretty cool, a cute girl who's always down to meet up everytime I'm in Bogota, loves to dance and is super easy to get along with. Went out twice and banged her a bunch of times, always look forward to seeing her in Bogota.

So I've been in Medellin for over a day now, am apartment hunting and will stay here for at least two months, looking forward to settling in and getting a routine on the go. Already banged a girl from online, nothing too hot but its a lot better than I did last time here, hopefully its a sign of things to come!

I went there last winter for Gringo Tuesdays. Best opportunity would be to do as Scotian said and go there early to meet some girls. By the time the DJ comes on most of the girls have paired off with with a gringo. I even saw one scrawny white dude dancing with 4 boner passing Colombian girls around him.
Beer is quite expensive there (in terms of Colombia) as I was paying 10K for a luke warm Heineken.
Pretty much repeating what Scotian said now but its a pretty popping place n a Tuesday night.

A man is only as faithful as his options-Chris Rock

Messages In This Thread