rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

If you freelance on line, are you better off living in a "poor" country?

If you freelance on line, are you better off living in a "poor" country?

I just started freelancing after several years of full-time employment. I recently started copywriting which I like a lot, because you don't have to rely on hardware speed. Heck, I wouldn't mind copywriting on a tablet PC while traveling.
I currently don't have clients, however I registered to odesk and elance, filled out my portfolio and details, but SH*T!

Those site are flooded with Indians low-balling every gig. I even hired one some time ago for a $50 gig on eLance and was dissapointed with the communication. I only received ONE email response per 24 hours (even after staying up late until day time in India). They surely hustle for pocket change.

Quote: (01-02-2012 06:22 PM)Andy_B Wrote:  

I get my business through elance, odesk, and warriorforum. My business is fully online and I work mostly at night anyway.
What's your experience with that?

I can't apply for the $100+ jobs because they usually require feedback. And the under $50 jobs have 100 applicants from India.

So frustrating!!!

Also, how did you learn copywriting Andy? I took a short online course and read the book "Cashvertising"

Messages In This Thread