rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Girl's "I'm such a loser game" trying to get me to WhiteKnight for her

Girl's "I'm such a loser game" trying to get me to WhiteKnight for her

This weekend at a festival I came across several, not just flakes, but outright losers. They just make one poor decision after another, screwing up their lives. And when I got distracted and let them guide the conversation it always went to "What a loser girl I am, here's something else I did poorly or failed at."

I can tell the goal is to get me to play the White Knight and step up to solve their self-generated problems in poor decision making, poor impulse control, and general laziness. I'm too smart for that shit.

Because I was distracted, I gave a few "tut tut that's too bad." responses as I would one of my elderly aunts, which was boring.

The question is how to better respond to this in a more alpha manner. It's a day-game setting, where I'm still at the point of trying not to scare the cat, pre-phone number close. Cocky-funny or laughing at their face would probably cause them to literally run out of the room.

I could stare them down with a cocked eyebrow and a "I can't believe you're saying this" smirk on my face for a few seconds with the stronger ones.

I could get distant and reduce feedback to minimal grunts while looking away, attempting to bring the "Festival of Failure" tales to a premature end.

I could just ignore it and continue to number close.

The main thing is I am not going to make any commitment to solving their problems for them.

Any ideas how to respond to "I'm such a loser" girl-game?

"Alpha children wear grey. They work much harder than we do, because they're so frightfully clever. I'm awfully glad I'm a Beta, because I don't work so hard. And then we are much better than the Gammas and Deltas. Gammas are stupid. They all wear green, and Delta children wear khaki. Oh no, I don't want to play with Delta children. And Epsilons are still worse. They're too stupid to be able to read or write. Besides they wear black, which is such a beastly color. I'm so glad I'm a Beta."
--Aldous Huxley, Brave New World

Messages In This Thread