rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Rio's Chiang Mai Data Sheet

Rio's Chiang Mai Data Sheet

Quote: (04-07-2013 11:10 AM)Soma Wrote:  

On first impression, compared to Bangkok:

1) Noticeable drop in talent. The average is about 1-1.5 lower. This could be expected, as the talent migrates towards the money.
2) Noticeable increase in waist sizes. While nowhere near Western levels, probably around 10-20% of people here, including women, are fat, compared to <5% in Bangkok. This really took me off guard, as I haven't seen such a high density of fat people anywhere else in Asia.

Have you ventured much beyond Chiang Mai Center much yet? Because it sounds like you're describing the area within and just surrounding the moat.

The metropolitan area of Chiang Mai has over 900,000 people, and the center is not at all representative of the talent there. Most Thai men declare the most beautiful women in the country reside there, and they hardly like fat women, so you may have just gotten a bad impression because of the low-quality women who flock to the center for the farangs.

Bangkok is a huge city though, so of course you're right the talent would migrate there. That said, I think the best of the talent heads to Korea and Hong Kong.

Beyond All Seas

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe.
To be your own man is a hard business. If you try it, you'll be lonely often, and sometimes
frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself." - Kipling

Messages In This Thread