rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Expedited French naturalization for Canadians?

Expedited French naturalization for Canadians?

This one's for the Canucks out there. Does anyone here have any knowledge, direct or anecdotal, about this process? It seems French-speaking Canadians (not necessarily Quebecois) can completely avoid the 5-year residency requirement, which is of course the most difficult aspect of naturalization anywhere.

I stumbled on the following residency requirements for French naturalization from here:

Quote:Quote:

Résidence en France et régularité du séjour

Principe : 5 ans minimum

N'est pas soumis à la condition de résidence habituelle de 5 ans, l'étranger :

-ou qui appartient à l'entité culturelle et linguistique française, lorsqu'il est ressortissant d'un territoire ou État dont la langue officielle ou l'une des langues officielles est le français et que le français est sa langue maternelle ou qui justifie d'une scolarisation d'au moins 5 ans dans un établissement enseignant en langue française.

So it seems the only requirement to get citizenship, besides not having a criminal record and such, is an interview with an immigration officer showing your knowledge of the language, history and culture and the rights and duties conferred by French nationality. This is something you could read about for a couple weeks and easily BS about in an interview.

What am I missing here? Is it really that easy for a French-speaking Canuck?

Note: I don't particularly care about obtaining French nationality specifically, I just want an EU passport in the easiest way possible.

I can't have sex with your personality, and I can't put my penis in your college degree, and I can't shove my fist in your childhood dreams, so why are you sharing all this information with me?

Messages In This Thread