rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Buenos Aires vs Sao Paulo

Buenos Aires vs Sao Paulo

Quote: (12-10-2011 06:28 PM)Hencredible Casanova Wrote:  

Quote: (12-10-2011 06:21 PM)InternationPlayboy Wrote:  

I can agree it's probably the most expensive in latin america. And sure, if you spend money like a maniac it could be real expensive. But if you live like a middle class citizen, it's not expensive. My friends were paying $800 for a 2 bedroom condo in a nice area. Try finding that in any city in the US that's worth living in. Food isn't too bad. The most expensive place I went to was an upscale sushi rodisio and it cost me $35. That's all you can eat sushi! Try finding that in any city in the US worth living in. Yeah, some clubs are expensive, but whatever, stay away from those. Most clubs are super reasonable when compared to the states.

I guess it depends on what your definition of quality is. I've had all-you-can-eat sushi in Toronto for less than $20.

I felt SP was pretty expensive. I went to decent clubs that charged pretty exorbitant prices for entry. Taxis were charging "rape" prices. Taxes were also pretty high. The real is an overvalued currency and service in SP, and Brazil generally, isn't what you pay for.

I don't know where in SP your friends lived. It's a huge sprawling city, but I also have friends there who are paying NYC prices for where they live in SP.

Here are a couple of more articles, one of them saying how SP is among the most expensive cities for expats:

http://www.mercer.com/press-releases/1311145

http://www.csmonitor.com/World/Americas/...for-expats

Alright, the taxi rape prices are for real. I paid R$100 to get to my friends house from the airport, but still, just as bad a the US. Not sure which area they live in either, but I can tell you it's not too far from paulista ave. and it's 2 or 3 blocks away from what they considered to be one of the best universities in Brazil (And I must say it did look very nice). Just about everyone in the area spoke english, which means it's probably a nice area considering pretty much only educated people speak english in BR. When I say upscale sushi restaurant, it was real nice. The type of quality you'd pay much much for in the states. I've eaten at sushi restaurants here that cost us $400 between two people (Matsuhisa in Aspen), and that was with the girls 25% discount for working there. Alls I know is the way I was living in Sao Paulo was MUCH cheaper than living in Aspen or Miami. Even going out. I'd pay maybe R$20-30 entry at my type of club and spend maybe R$10 on drinks. I pay US$10+ for drunks anywhere here, upscale spots $16+.

Messages In This Thread