rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Hypnosis & NLP Guide

Hypnosis & NLP Guide

Quote: (12-11-2011 10:13 PM)dice3510 Wrote:  

However, I've started to seriously doubt if hypnosis is real at all

I'm not quite sure what you mean by this. Hypnosis is just a relaxed state of trance where you're open to suggestion. If you've ever daydreamed, you've been in a state of hypnosis.

As for the effectiveness in medicine...

There have been scientific studies proving that hypnosis has an effect. Here are a couple articles:

Hypnosis helps kids underground difficult procedure

Hypnosis, Memory and the Brain

Quote:Quote:

In general, I don't tend to feel anything 'special' when I am in hypnosis. I don't feel like I am in some deep, altered state of consciousness or whatever. The feeling is no different from when I normally close my eyes and listen to someone talk. Is this how it should be?

You can go into a trance and not realize it. It really depends on how deep of a trance you're in. Also, keep in mind you don't need to be in a deep trance to experience change. Your unconscious mind can pick up suggestions from simple storytelling.

I don't think the problem is hypnosis itself, but rather who you're working with. Maybe try another clinical hypnotist or even try working on the problems yourself. I'd suggest trying NLP and maybe even tapping. PM me if you want more info on either.

Messages In This Thread